Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not more Wyoming
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Does anyone know if the Front Range flooding was up in South Wyoming? I'm wondering if the local rivers were affected and if any damage to bridges and such happened in Medicine Bow and Laramies.
10-30-2013, 08:25 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
The flooding that affected CO did not occur here. We did have a flash flood on Hat Six Road because there had been a fire on the mountain in '12. There was nothing to stop the water. First the fire wiped out the Mosteller's ranch, then the flood. All bridges and roads are just fine.

As most know, very few people live in WY. As a result most people who chose to live here are quite private. They will notice strangers poking around on private property. Just a word on warning! Don't go on poking around on a privately owned ranch. In that case you'll probably meet a ranch hand wearing a gun...which is legal.Have really good maps so you'll know public from private land. Most of Casper MT is privately owned. Muddy Mt is mostly public. Laramie Peak is a mixture.
05-25-2014, 02:44 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
I was under the impression that we will not have to dig for the treasure box.....is this incorrect? (had FF answered this?)
05-25-2014, 05:47 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
Lucky, in TFTW Forrest talks about his toys falling off the porch into the home of the black widows.He says he went back and dug them out of the ground where they had been since he was a child.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-25-2014, 07:12 AM,
Why not more Wyoming

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from unstainedglass on May 25, 2014, 3:44 am</b>

I was under the impression that we will not have to dig for the treasure box.....is this incorrect? (had FF answered this?)
</div>

Hi again unstained...most searchers I believe hold to the opinion that the chest is hidden-read as secreted away- and not buried...depends on what you develop as a solve...it is apparent that some believe we must dig to find it, people want think this like a pirate treasure I suppose...it is not... Smile
05-25-2014, 12:22 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Thats part of the puzzle, not stating but hinting at how it may be hidden.Of course he is going to hint at different ways in his books but he will never confirm because that would take the thrill out of the find.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-26-2014, 09:34 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
Yes
06-07-2014, 05:42 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Strictly speaking within "Why not more Wyoming"...

While Guernsey, Register Cliff, and Warm Springs Canyon are good matches, as map node clusters they are unfortunately filtered by the elevation rules (at least in the map node data I am using). It doesn't mean that the end point cannot be near and within the elevation rules, just that these points cannot fit.

Kirwin would be a much better fit if the blaze can be located "not associated with any structure." Here again like E.C Waters, "structure" may be interpreted. WWWH for this solution could also be loosely interpreted as Sunshine Reservoir.

Sinks Canyon seems to have been openly discussed, and several points there are also loose-fitting. I liked Sherwood Point in the area as the end point once. There were also many other supporting features, but the distance tolerance was a big stretch. "Not far" wouldn't work well, and Mr. Fenn suggests simplicity to the solution. Making Kirwin or Sinks Canyon fit seems to me to be quite a stretch.

I've not yet been more excited than E.C. Waters as the starting point.
06-09-2014, 05:55 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
I also visited Cokeville and hiked around Underwood Canyon. LOTS of animal bones so take a weapon if this is on your list. I wanted to visit the rumored location of the famous Fenn Cache but the rustic road (where I interpreted it to be) was fenced off. I also considered visiting the grave marker of Estelle Brown, but snow prohibited my journey. All of this was tweeted @mikebibler if pics are interesting.
01-25-2015, 11:28 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
Key=Imagination. Seems almost everyone is using knowledge to determine HOB. Think about it; one example: Mammoth Hot Springs=where warm waters halt. Obsidian Canyon runs South for 23 miles to Norris Junction. National Park Ranger Museum=Home of Brown. Nigh=left side(but facing north is same as heading downstream) Virginia meadows=No place for the Meek(Meeks left Virginia City to head West). Ice lake=cold. Just an example. Not about knowledge per se.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming is it!! mdc777 48 33,914 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Last Post: BLHamrick
  Help in Wyoming Copper 4 2,694 06-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Copper
  Wyoming, why not? seabear 5 10,231 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Urban_Archaeologist