Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not more Wyoming
05-26-2014, 09:34 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
Yes
06-07-2014, 05:42 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
Strictly speaking within "Why not more Wyoming"...

While Guernsey, Register Cliff, and Warm Springs Canyon are good matches, as map node clusters they are unfortunately filtered by the elevation rules (at least in the map node data I am using). It doesn't mean that the end point cannot be near and within the elevation rules, just that these points cannot fit.

Kirwin would be a much better fit if the blaze can be located "not associated with any structure." Here again like E.C Waters, "structure" may be interpreted. WWWH for this solution could also be loosely interpreted as Sunshine Reservoir.

Sinks Canyon seems to have been openly discussed, and several points there are also loose-fitting. I liked Sherwood Point in the area as the end point once. There were also many other supporting features, but the distance tolerance was a big stretch. "Not far" wouldn't work well, and Mr. Fenn suggests simplicity to the solution. Making Kirwin or Sinks Canyon fit seems to me to be quite a stretch.

I've not yet been more excited than E.C. Waters as the starting point.
06-09-2014, 05:55 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
I also visited Cokeville and hiked around Underwood Canyon. LOTS of animal bones so take a weapon if this is on your list. I wanted to visit the rumored location of the famous Fenn Cache but the rustic road (where I interpreted it to be) was fenced off. I also considered visiting the grave marker of Estelle Brown, but snow prohibited my journey. All of this was tweeted @mikebibler if pics are interesting.
01-25-2015, 11:28 AM,
Why not more Wyoming
Key=Imagination. Seems almost everyone is using knowledge to determine HOB. Think about it; one example: Mammoth Hot Springs=where warm waters halt. Obsidian Canyon runs South for 23 miles to Norris Junction. National Park Ranger Museum=Home of Brown. Nigh=left side(but facing north is same as heading downstream) Virginia meadows=No place for the Meek(Meeks left Virginia City to head West). Ice lake=cold. Just an example. Not about knowledge per se.
01-25-2015, 06:35 PM,
Why not more Wyoming
LOL I dont know, some of us are very imaginative. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
09-15-2015, 11:28 AM,
RE: Why not more Wyoming
WWWH is not complex... he already told us what it is. Its called bathing in the river at Yellowstone where the Hot water geysers flow into the cold stream. There's nothing else to contemplate.
09-17-2015, 02:02 PM,
I think there is a lot to contemplate and Wyoming is certainly of interest. I do not believe that this is WWWH simply because if it were....the treasure would have been found by now.
07-05-2017, 06:22 PM,
Has anyone looked into a place called the house of brown it is in baggs Whyoming please let me know what ya think

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
07-06-2017, 11:25 AM,
I have. It's now in Savery at the Little Snake River museum. There is quite a history surrounding it.
07-06-2017, 09:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017, 09:22 PM by scorcho.)
Do you think that could be the home of brown from the poem

Or do you think this is just a dead end by the way thank for repling