Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northern border of YSNP
07-28-2016, 01:07 PM,
Northern border of YSNP
For sometime now my research of the poem has been pointing me towards the border of YSNP in Montana. There seems to be endless amounts of places there that it could be hidden. Has anyone searched this area or had the poem lead them there and if so why?

For me paradise valley hold great interest for a place of a physical search.
07-28-2016, 01:43 PM,
RE: Northern border of YSNP
(07-28-2016, 01:07 PM)The Count Wrote: For sometime now my research of the poem has been pointing me towards the border of YSNP in Montana. There seems to be endless amounts of places there that it could be hidden. Has anyone searched this area or had the poem lead them there and if so why?

Yep, on the 45th parallel, on beaver creek trail.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
07-28-2016, 02:01 PM,
(07-28-2016, 01:43 PM)wishiIwasRich Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 01:07 PM)The Count Wrote: For sometime now my research of the poem has been pointing me towards the border of YSNP in Montana. There seems to be endless amounts of places there that it could be hidden. Has anyone searched this area or had the poem lead them there and if so why?

Yep, on the 45th parallel, on beaver creek trail.

How about the boiling river in YSNP just north of the 45th parallel?

http://www.hikespeak.com/trails/boiling-...escription

It does sound very similar to his bathing hole story in TFTW. Plus it's hard for me to pass up a dip in a hot spring.
07-28-2016, 02:59 PM,
Yea, the area looks promising but after searching there, then reading the poem, I don't think it is there. Strange how our solves will fit the poem to get bias to an area. Too many people in YELLOWstone national park. I just think it is much closer, to him. I like boiling river.. Warm waters halt, take it down.... Still never could work.

07-28-2016, 03:31 PM,
(07-28-2016, 02:59 PM)wishiIwasRich Wrote: Yea, the area looks promising but after searching there, then reading the poem, I don't think it is there. Strange how our solves will fit the poem to get bias to an area. Too many people in YELLOWstone national park. I just think it is much closer, to him. I like boiling river.. Warm waters halt, take it down.... Still never could work.

I like to share my point of view, especially about the first 2 clues. First I must say I don't believe I have either with 100% certainty. One of my best speculation is the clues start in YSNP and move out of it. Starting with some of the most notable places possibly being the first 2 clues. I also believe the first 2 clues are the first 2 sentences in there entirety. One of my best speculations for clue one is the greater Yellowstone eco system which far exceeds the square shape of the park. Now, also a speculation, for clue 2 is the great Yellowstone river along with Yellowstone lake. If this is correct clue 3 would most likely be a very small location along the river somewhere that one most likely would have to be on location to identify.

To me these speculations have pros and cons. The pros being the more than several have identified the first 2 clues and we know several have identified these 2 clues to Fenn. The cons being there are so many rivers that intersect with the Yellowstone river who knows where it could go from there.

I also try and stay away from the Madison band wagon although I would like to search some places along that over searched river.
07-28-2016, 03:58 PM,
(07-28-2016, 03:31 PM)The Count Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 02:59 PM)wishiIwasRich Wrote: Yea, the area looks promising but after searching there, then reading the poem, I don't think it is there. Strange how our solves will fit the poem to get bias to an area. Too many people in YELLOWstone national park. I just think it is much closer, to him. I like boiling river.. Warm waters halt, take it down.... Still never could work.

I like to share my point of view, especially about the first 2 clues. First I must say I don't believe I have either with 100% certainty. One of my best speculation is the clues start in YSNP and move out of it. Starting with some of the most notable places possibly being the first 2 clues. I also believe the first 2 clues are the first 2 sentences in there entirety. One of my best speculations for clue one is the greater Yellowstone eco system which far exceeds the square shape of the park. Now, also a speculation, for clue 2 is the great Yellowstone river along with Yellowstone lake. If this is correct clue 3 would most likely be a very small location along the river somewhere that one most likely would have to be on location to identify.

To me these speculations have pros and cons. The pros being the more than several have identified the first 2 clues and we know several have identified these 2 clues to Fenn. The cons being there are so many rivers that intersect with the Yellowstone river who knows where it could go from there.

I also try and stay away from the Madison band wagon although I would like to search some places along that over searched river.
Count, I think that is good analysis. Yea, I took similar approaches to the poem, sometimes moving inside the park with some clues, then moving outside. I burned Google earth up with trying to find that one unique spot. I tried the old hard core, coordinates hidden in the poem, to straight poem purist. Gee, wish you would nail it down, and get some of us poor souls out of this Chase... Good luck. You want hurt my feelings if you find it.

07-28-2016, 06:01 PM,
(07-28-2016, 03:58 PM)wishiIwasRich Wrote: Count, I think that is good analysis. Yea, I took similar approaches to the poem, sometimes moving inside the park with some clues, then moving outside. I burned Google earth up with trying to find that one unique spot. I tried the old hard core, coordinates hidden in the poem, to straight poem purist. Gee, wish you would nail it down, and get some of us poor souls out of this Chase... Good luck. You want hurt my feelings if you find it.
Me find it, nah. Well I mean that's everyone's goal around here if not why do it? For me it's something different, more like a fun way for the pursuit of knowledge. And also the enlightened feeling I get when I'm out in the wilderness on a mountain top feeling like I'm the first person to be there. On top of that a chest full of gold could be right below me, this kind of adventure is what I seek. It's hard for me to think if someone finds it that kind of feeling could be gone for me. If I do find it I just might leave it there or come up with a very special plan that no one else would think of, something that could be worthy of the Chase. I hope the poem leads you where the adventure is Smile
07-28-2016, 09:46 PM,
(07-28-2016, 06:01 PM)The Count Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 03:58 PM)wishiIwasRich Wrote: Count, I think that is good analysis. Yea, I took similar approaches to the poem, sometimes moving inside the park with some clues, then moving outside. I burned Google earth up with trying to find that one unique spot. I tried the old hard core, coordinates hidden in the poem, to straight poem purist. Gee, wish you would nail it down, and get some of us poor souls out of this Chase... Good luck. You want hurt my feelings if you find it.
Me find it, nah. Well I mean that's everyone's goal around here if not why do it? For me it's something different, more like a fun way for the pursuit of knowledge. And also the enlightened feeling I get when I'm out in the wilderness on a mountain top feeling like I'm the first person to be there. On top of that a chest full of gold could be right below me, this kind of adventure is what I seek. It's hard for me to think if someone finds it that kind of feeling could be gone for me. If I do find it I just might leave it there or come up with a very special plan that no one else would think of, something that could be worthy of the Chase. I hope the poem leads you where the adventure is Smile
Thanks Count... No one's close so let's keep plugging along. It's a fun exercise, regardless of who find it. The adventure is what it should be about.

07-28-2016, 10:31 PM,
(07-28-2016, 09:46 PM)wishiIwasRich Wrote: Thanks Count... No one's close so let's keep plugging along. It's a fun exercise, regardless of who find it. The adventure is what it should be about.
I would agree no one is close. Have you had a chance to get out this season for a BOTG search? I have yet to have a chance this year but now I'm doing my research and making my plan, next summer is looking good for a search around Montana.

One other thing I've yet seen a discussion on, a black rock with a yellow H. From some of my research in the early days of the automobile and road ways Yellowstone was a very popular destination but the roads lacked signs. I read that there were rocks that were painted black with a yellow H so tourists knew where to turn on the route to Yellowstone, have you ever heard of this?
07-28-2016, 10:33 PM,
Northern border of YSNP
Why do you think nobody is close? Ff has said several have been close and 65000 people I would think some are close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk