Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northern border of YSNP
07-31-2016, 10:44 PM,
RE: Northern border of YSNP
(07-31-2016, 07:10 PM)HIPS Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 04:46 PM)The Count Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 02:32 PM)Kpro Wrote: I think the benchmarks have something to do with the last part of the poem, just not sure yet exactly. Running scenarios now.
Are you aware that Forrest didn't use the benchmark map until 3 years after the poem was published? And to tie it into the poem during its construction seems slim at best. But I'm always open to hear new ideas so if you come up with something feel free to post it.

Here's another interesting article about road markers http://www.lincolnhighwayoh.com/v1/Yellowstone.htm

Pretty sure he's talking about benchmarks and not Benchmark{brand} maps.
Thanks for the link, helpful information. I found this link within that one
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation
Amazing how much these 2 links have to do with geography.
08-02-2016, 08:54 AM,
Hey Count,

Just curious if you have watched some of Forrest's bookstore interviews. They are quite enlightening.
08-02-2016, 01:47 PM,
(08-02-2016, 08:54 AM)seabear Wrote: Hey Count,

Just curious if you have watched some of Forrest's bookstore interviews. They are quite enlightening.
Yeah the Moby dickens one seems to hold a lot of info, I've watched that one a few times. I've watched most of the videos with him in them except for some of the newer ones.
08-03-2016, 11:40 AM,
Nice. It's interesting to me that he mentions the preface of his book twice (One in the Moby Dickens and one in the actual Collected Works bookstore) as the unintended clue, yet many people think it is too easy of an answer.
08-04-2016, 06:49 AM,
(08-03-2016, 11:40 AM)seabear Wrote: Nice. It's interesting to me that he mentions the preface of his book twice (One in the Moby Dickens and one in the actual Collected Works bookstore) as the unintended clue, yet many people think it is too easy of an answer.
That's what I thought when I read the preface, how subtle would that be , after analysis it does seem to easy. It also seem like when searchers read it they start to build a solve around it, leaving the poem behind. It would be interesting to search the area on the Madison that he speaks of from the book flywater, maybe someday.
08-06-2017, 04:59 PM,
A bench mark will stand the test of time esp. if it is concrete (or chiseled rock). Even the metal rods used in the late 1800s can be found to verify property lines. Early bench marks were placed at 600 acre lands in the eastern US. But of course, the NM territories were larger areas. Just saying, kinda clue... You may find one in your jaunts. It is not the omega but it is a hint... But you have to be looking for it. It is in the grass.