Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather In Wyoming
11-01-2013, 02:44 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
I can make a little side trip coming up in 3 weeks and was wondering how the weather is below 8000 ft in the southern Wyoming mountains. I figure the northern mountains get too much snow by then, but what about Medicine Bow and Laramies.
11-01-2013, 03:16 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
They get a lot of snow in both Nat'l Forests. There's a lot of snow on Casper Mt, but the paved road is fine. The same applies on all of the paved roads below 8000 ft. If you're heading to mainly to the Medicine Bow Nat'l Forest area, I can report back on Sunday. A friend and her husband are headed down to Riverside to pick their processed elk that he shot last Sunday. Paved roads were fine then...no storms likely until the first of next week. Do you have a 4x4 vehicle?
11-02-2013, 10:56 AM,
Weather In Wyoming
Judy and Kurt are back from Riverside. The main roads are fine.
11-02-2013, 01:36 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
I heard that there's big snow going to happen this week up by you guys...at least up by Yellowstone area.
11-02-2013, 02:37 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
Nothing going on right now...I just checked the radar. I did hear that YNP will be getting snow tomorrow. And it will a lot colder by Monday with highs only in the 3o's. I'll keep everyone posted.
11-02-2013, 04:04 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
I heard something about this being the last week to fish in YNP. I was surprised by that. Do they close YNP for the winter? I mean I know snowmobile people can use it....Just kind of curious about that. I have no intentions of going there in the winter ever in my life lol.
11-02-2013, 06:36 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
I have a 4x4. But hopefully the trails have no snow as well.
11-02-2013, 11:14 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
Big storms are supposed to hit up there. It seems a waste to spend time searching when people can't even find it in the summer.
11-03-2013, 06:52 AM,
Weather In Wyoming
I was only planning a search if there was no snow.
11-03-2013, 09:29 AM,
Weather In Wyoming
They close the park because they get so much snow and it would be almost impossible to plow the roads. A lot of other hwys are closed for the very same reason. Hwy 14A in the far north and parts of Hwys 70 and 130 in the south. There's about a foot of snow on the ground near Ryan Park. Anywhere over 6000 ft is unsearchable...soon it will be lower than that. Then next spring I'll probably have to wait until late May or early June because it will be a muddy mess.