Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather In Wyoming
11-03-2013, 02:54 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
Is there a way to find out what roads are closed and when? Maybe the DOT links I have, have that...not sure. Just think that might be good info for some.
11-03-2013, 04:09 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
Just came home from shopping...it's snowing on the mountain, but not down here. The roads I mentioned earlier are never plowed. The DOT puts gates down and that's that until they decide to plow them in the Spring. You've seen how many gates there are around here. There must be a link at DOT with the latest road conditions. I-25 between Cheyenne and Wheatland can be really nasty with high winds and blowing snow. But on any given day, it can be nasty everywhere...or in just one part of the state. People around here listen to the radio because they tell where there is no unnecessary travel or which roads are closed. You might want to link to KTWO radio. They do an excellent job with the weather.
11-03-2013, 05:19 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
I think it's great that you're informing everyone. I don't know if many are going out searching...but I'm sure there are people who see your comments and they are helpful Steph.
11-03-2013, 07:19 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
WYOMING is mean for this time of year.
11-04-2013, 09:03 AM,
Weather In Wyoming
A dusting of snow here. Black ice on I-25. More snow expected in Cheyenne, Laramie and the mountains west of Laramie. And yes, Wtoming can be mean in the winter.
11-04-2013, 02:57 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
So I guess that's it for Wyoming. I don't want to deal with snow.
11-04-2013, 05:14 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
I don't know if this will be reported nationally, but a Wisconsin couple got lost last Tuesday after leaving YNP at the NE entrance. They finally broadcast it state wide yesterday. This morning a rancher went out looking for them on his snowmobile. He found them safe and sound because they followed all of the rules. They had plenty of gas so they could run their car to warm up.

They did not leave their car, they had plenty of water and food. They picked the road that had been closed since mid-

September. They had hotel reservations in Miles City...when they didn't show up, the notified the Park. People in this state look out for one another.
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
can people search in cody Wyoming still at 8 or 9 thousand ft
11-17-2013, 09:29 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
no
11-17-2013, 09:39 PM,
Weather In Wyoming
nope not here