Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Coat Bracelet
08-17-2016, 11:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 11:15 PM by DaisyMae.)
Dragon Coat Bracelet
In a July 2014 post f says: "When Don Johnson asked a question on this blog about a coat bracelet that adorns the treasure chest, I decided to write something here that might help quench his curiosity. It also gives me an opportunity to revisit my memory of Eric Sloane."
At the end of the post Dal,adds:
Forrest did not send along a photo of the dragon bracelet. If you want to see it I guess you will have to find the chest because it is in a zip lock inside. He told me he put it in there “because the bracelet has a stainless steel hinge that might be effected by moisture if it is not found for a few centuries”
~~~
I've always used the knowledge of the dragon bracelet being in a plastic ziplock to draw the conclusion that the chest is not under water. But upon re-reading this today the word 'adorns' really catches my attention. I would expect an item that 'adorns' the chest to be on the outside or attached to the chest, not inside it.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill or is something else going on here? Is f messing with Dal? With us? Or is this yet another clue that the story of the chest's supposed provenance is flawed? Is that a dragon on the chest latch? Does a dragon fit with the German/Roman reliquary theme?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-18-2016, 01:42 AM,
RE: Dragon Coat Bracelet
adorn
a : to make pleasing or attractive
b : to add to the pleasantness, attractiveness, splendor, or beauty of
c : to point up, highlight, or set off to advantage the pleasantness, attractiveness, splendor, or beauty of
: to decorate with or as if with external ornamentation
: to deck out or dress up especially with a resultant sham splendor
08-18-2016, 07:32 AM,
The bracelet has always been a mystery to me. I could never find a " coat" bracelet description anywhere. Forrest is so careful with his descriptive terms. Not sure what to make of this deviation from the norm.
It is out there, somewhere .
08-18-2016, 07:34 AM,
(08-17-2016, 11:09 PM)DaisyMae Wrote: In a July 2014 post f says: "When Don Johnson asked a question on this blog about a coat bracelet that adorns the treasure chest, I decided to write something here that might help quench his curiosity. It also gives me an opportunity to revisit my memory of Eric Sloane."
At the end of the post Dal,adds:
Forrest did not send along a photo of the dragon bracelet. If you want to see it I guess you will have to find the chest because it is in a zip lock inside. He told me he put it in there “because the bracelet has a stainless steel hinge that might be effected by moisture if it is not found for a few centuries”
~~~
I've always used the knowledge of the dragon bracelet being in a plastic ziplock to draw the conclusion that the chest is not under water. But upon re-reading this today the word 'adorns' really catches my attention. I would expect an item that 'adorns' the chest to be on the outside or attached to the chest, not inside it.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill or is something else going on here? Is f messing with Dal? With us? Or is this yet another clue that the story of the chest's supposed provenance is flawed? Is that a dragon on the chest latch? Does a dragon fit with the German/Roman reliquary theme?
DaisyMae,
I really like how you consistently pick up on the subtle things that I also feel are important. The lack of a picture is interesting don't you think? Surely if FF want's proof of a find, a photo of the dragon coat will suffice? Who needs a bracelet?

I love the dragon, and it reminds me "quests" of Kings and Knights. It also makes me wonder if I look under what I would see.
08-18-2016, 09:29 AM,
Depends on the dragon, if you should slay it or not. Asian dragons bring good luck.
08-18-2016, 10:18 AM,
What would a Celtic dragon be doing in the Rockies ? In fact where would you find any kind of "dragon" in the Rockies? We were discussing a bracelet .
08-18-2016, 10:35 AM,
I remember seeing a picture of the coat bracelet maybe on Dals site.
Just because he states that the bracelet is in a baggy does not mean its under water. The chest is wood lined so if he had put it under water and unlocked the lining would have been literally destroyed. Also he has mentioned that the chest is unlocked and if under water any current could tip it over and spill out the contents. Being wet if the lid is closed I would not speculate that rain or snow would hurt the chest.
is not the latch on the chest a dragon? The coat bracelet we know is not part of the chest but just inside it.
08-18-2016, 03:21 PM,
Look closely at it, it's a mountain goat with horns out of its head.
08-18-2016, 04:55 PM,
(08-18-2016, 03:21 PM)azuredeb Wrote: Look closely at it, it's a mountain goat with horns out of its head.

The Devil perhaps? Maybe old JayAckam was right.
08-18-2016, 06:18 PM,
Dragon Coat Bracelet
(08-18-2016, 05:26 PM)mountain digger Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 04:55 PM)old drum Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 03:21 PM)azuredeb Wrote: Look closely at it, it's a mountain goat with horns out of its head.

The Devil perhaps? Maybe old JayAckam was right.

old drum,
Delete this post quick! or Deb, delete the whole thread! It's been contaminated! I'm goin' blind. Holy crap, oh no, we're screwed now!
God, I won't be able to sleep tonight for the worry. Where's my oxy? I'm feelin' a sharp pain in the ass is comin' on. Why, Lord, why? Newbies prepare...you ain't seen nothin' yet! Damn, well just damn. We're screwed for sure. Sad

I'm devastated! Old Drum jinxed us and he did it on my thread!
It's been kinda crazy how more than one recent treasure hunt has been chastised/stalked by someone who is sure there is an evil spirit involved and the end of the world is nigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how much for the bracelet? doodlebug 41 3,046 06-15-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Bracelet - clue/hint? 34 9,423 02-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  does mr fenn want his bracelet back? jamesbrohamalambage 29 2,691 12-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Shadetree
  The Bracelet tarryscant2017 15 3,180 07-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tarryscant2017
Big Grin bracelet inreturn for ? jamesbrohamalambage 34 15,196 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: onecorgi
  Hi Ho Silver turquoise bracelet. true north 0 1,313 02-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: true north