Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Fenn wants the chest to be found soon?
08-25-2016, 09:37 PM,
Also, do you think he has a preference for who finds it?
08-25-2016, 09:40 PM,
No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-25-2016, 09:45 PM,
RE: Do you think Fenn wants the chest to be found soon?
nope. and nope.

HA!
08-25-2016, 11:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2016, 11:33 PM by knighterrant.)
This is a very interesting concept to consider. If you believe he does want it found then it would heavily influence how you view his statements and clues.

My personal gut feeling on this is that, irregardless of what he has said in the past he wants it wrapped up. Pandora cursed the world when her box was opened, Fenn unleashed his curse when closed his chest. I think originally he probably had relatively good intentions and did not realize what a monster he would create. He wanted to get kids and people out into nature, ok thats great. On one hand a lot of people have rediscovered a connection to the beauty and wonder of nature. On the other hand tens of thousands of people have been traipsing, for the most part willy nilly, all over the west; tearing up streambeds, killing snakes whose only crime was to have been living under a particular rock, crushing flowers and plants, digging holes, causing havoc with landowners and authorities...etc. For every person who has experienced a positive, life changing experience; I wonder how many there are who have been overly consumned by the chase and experienced significant financial or emotional distress as a result.

I wonder if he understood the mental toll his chase would put on some people who are already living at the edge. I don't think he wants to leave this world and drop this thing in the lap of his family. If the myth stays alive crazies will hound his family to kingdom come after he is gone.

I think he wants it over. But he wants it over on his terms. I don't find him to be a particularly 'moral' person, but that's a relative term and coming from my perspective. I think he wants the person who finds it to be 'worthy' and 'deserving' in the sense that they have 'done their time' and sweated for his treasure. If the treasure is found by such an individual, it would make Fenn look better, and if they are a poor or needy person all the better for his image. In my opinion he most assuredly wants the chest found by someone who is going to 'butter his bread' to the media, who is going to thank him most profusely, and utter nary an ill word that would color the legacy of one Forrest B. Fenn.

That said, I think he is trapped. I don't think he can give someone the path to the treasure on the down low because these things tend to come out in the wash. Perhaps I judge him unfairly and he really does have a sense of fair play. In any case he is stuck and probably frustrated as all get out that no one can close the deal even with all the information hes given.

All this is just speculation an my opinion. It may unfairly judge the character of Fenn. It's not factual, just a gut feeling I have looking from the outside in. Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow does, and God if you believe in him.
Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another.

08-26-2016, 02:38 PM,
I am the type that probably would not accept help that just gives it to me. a But that's me I like to do things myself, so if he's looking to just give it to someone to end the chase he is not the man I have come to respect and think I know a bit about. Now a hint here or there, that everyone has the opportunity to figure is different. Lets try not make it a Mexican stand off though. I do feel for his family and believe me there are plenty that would like to see it end, me included. I have spent an enormous amount of time, money, tears and sweat on this. I am all in. Believe me I'm doing the best that I can, and consider myself king redneck in my part of the woods, but abstract redneck takes some deep thinking and deep thinking take some time. I'm only almost 9 months in but during these months I have put it all on the line and I do think I'm close. on my 20th some odd trip to the spot, who ever finds it should earn it . It is not a freaking lottery or a door prize its a treasure hunt and needs to run its course, IMO.
08-26-2016, 03:37 PM,
(08-26-2016, 03:09 PM)locolobo Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 02:38 PM)Silentfly Wrote: I am the type that probably would not accept help that just gives it to me. a But that's me I like to do things myself, so if he's looking to just give it to someone to end the chase he is not the man I have come to respect and think I know a bit about. Now a hint here or there, that everyone has the opportunity to figure is different. Lets try not make it a Mexican stand off though. I do feel for his family and believe me there are plenty that would like to see it end, me included. I have spent an enormous amount of time, money, tears and sweat on this. I am all in. Believe me I'm doing the best that I can, and consider myself king redneck in my part of the woods, but abstract redneck takes some deep thinking and deep thinking take some time. I'm only almost 9 months in but during these months I have put it all on the line and I do think I'm close. on my 20th some odd trip to the spot, who ever finds it should earn it . It is not a freaking lottery or a door prize its a treasure hunt and needs to run its course, IMO.

" It is not a freaking lottery or a door prize its a treasure hunt and needs to run its course, IMO."

WTF??? You mean I don't get a winning ticket for each time I read the Poem or TTOTC!!!!!----A.I.N.T.L.I.F.E.A.B.I.T.C.H.!!! Smile

LOL!! Well said, Silent.....and Good Luck to Ya!!!

Hmmm...

A. As I have gone alone in there
I. I can keep my secret where,
N. Not far, but too far to walk.
T. The end is ever drawing nigh;;
L. Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
I. I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.
F. From there it's no place for the meek,
E. Ahhh, it's broken

Doesn't work for me Sad
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
08-26-2016, 04:26 PM,
(08-26-2016, 03:09 PM)locolobo Wrote: " It is not a freaking lottery or a door prize its a treasure hunt and needs to run its course, IMO."

WTF??? You mean I don't get a winning ticket for each time I read the Poem or TTOTC!!!!!----A.I.N.T.L.I.F.E.A.B.I.T.C.H.!!! Smile

LOL!! Well said, Silent.....and Good Luck to Ya!!!

Thanks Loco, Good Luck to you too
06-20-2017, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 08:49 AM by delayah.)
------
06-20-2017, 06:54 PM,
Yes, definitely. No doubt.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
06-20-2017, 07:16 PM,
Part of him says yes. The other, well go find out for yourself..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would you need to disclose where you found the chest? LuckyLove 6 477 09-14-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: LuckyLove
  Will the chest be found 2017 search season? The Count 24 5,431 09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ROLL TIDE
  When the chest is found, what should be done? delayah 6 1,069 06-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: RahRah
  Do you think it's likely that the chest has already been found? GoneAlone 37 6,581 06-26-2017, 06:56 AM
Last Post: delayah
  How Fenn Will Know Its Been Found? HALLOWEEN 85 11,312 02-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  CHEST HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!! PRESS CONFERENCE PENDING!!! glock20 35 7,189 09-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: azuredeb