Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The architect
12-02-2013, 09:17 PM,
The architect
I would venture to believe that the poem is constructed by an architect. But also a poet, a lover of nature, a VERY amazing and smart man! Wink

Always,

A_The_A

12-03-2013, 12:53 AM,
The architect

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tyounis on November 7, 2013, 1:50 pm</b>

At the Collected Works event Fenn said, "It took me 15 years to write the poem. I’ve changed it so many times and I’ve said before that I didn’t write that poem…it was written by an architect…each word is deliberate."

At the Moby Dickens event Fenn said, "The poem in my book is something that changed over and over again. When you read the poem it looks like just simple words the...but I guarantee you, I worked on that thing...I felt like an architect, drawing that poem."

When I heard him say it the first time at Collected Works, it sounded new...like he was trying the metaphor out to see if it fit with the way he speaks and writes...a trial balloon. By Moby Dickens, it sounded a bit more refined, like he had tried it out a couple more times since Collected Works.

Both my daughter and my son-in-law are architects. I asked them to look at the quotes, and I asked them to look at the poem and tell me what they thought.

Basically, their response was, "Architects don't draw. Draftsmen do. And writing a poem is nothing like architecting an enclosed space."

I think it's Fenn taking liberty, and playing, with the language. I think he uses "architect" (as a noun) in the same way a "builder" would use a box of lego blocks and a set of instructions (blueprint) to get to a finished project. All the pieces, of various sizes, shapes and colors have to fit together in order to complete the project.

In his case, I'll hypothesize, the "blueprint" was in his head, and took 15 years to get to a synchronous finish.
</div>

That's an interesting take on it, Toby.

One of the supervisors at my workplace is a graduate of the Naval Academy, and has a particular skill set that I cannot expound upon because it would reveal my hypothesis. I recently showed him the poem and a picture that I took, and he said "I get the impression that he was probably paddled quite often in his youth".

Back to square one!

05-17-2015, 10:36 AM,
The architect

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tyounis on November 7, 2013, 1:50 pm</b>

At the Collected Works event Fenn said, "It took me 15 years to write the poem. I’ve changed it so many times and I’ve said before that I didn’t write that poem…it was written by an architect…each word is deliberate."

At the Moby Dickens event Fenn said, "The poem in my book is something that changed over and over again. When you read the poem it looks like just simple words the...but I guarantee you, I worked on that thing...I felt like an architect, drawing that poem."

When I heard him say it the first time at Collected Works, it sounded new...like he was trying the metaphor out to see if it fit with the way he speaks and writes...a trial balloon. By Moby Dickens, it sounded a bit more refined, like he had tried it out a couple more times since Collected Works.

Both my daughter and my son-in-law are architects. I asked them to look at the quotes, and I asked them to look at the poem and tell me what they thought.

Basically, their response was, "Architects don't draw. Draftsmen do. And writing a poem is nothing like architecting an enclosed space."

I think it's Fenn taking liberty, and playing, with the language. I think he uses "architect" (as a noun) in the same way a "builder" would use a box of lego blocks and a set of instructions (blueprint) to get to a finished project. All the pieces, of various sizes, shapes and colors have to fit together in order to complete the project.

In his case, I'll hypothesize, the "blueprint" was in his head, and took 15 years to get to a synchronous finish.
</div>

Seems odd he says he didn't write the poem. Do architects use Benchmarks?
05-17-2015, 06:45 PM,
The architect
I have a friend of mine and he's an architect and he draws his plans, you can check him out on my Facebook Jim Montjoy.
05-21-2015, 09:20 AM,
The architect
Perhaps Forrest the Architect should have had a civil engineer proof his concept as most firms do.

-T-

-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
05-21-2015, 07:16 PM,
The architect
Older architects do draw plans. Newer ones have decided everything can be computer generated. Shortsighted to not know all the phases and how it all ties together.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-22-2015, 01:57 PM,
The architect
Actually, I feel that the architect he spoke off that "wrote the poem for him" (not sure if that quote is exact but i believe the premise is the same)is mother nature or the divine one himself. The geography or landscape was made by the above person(s) and Forest mimicked it in the form of a poem. The architect themself took millions of years to create this unique area and forrest translated it in words and in less than twenty years.

Liv42dy
09-07-2015, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 05:30 AM by larissaMi.)
Beget Your current Tube Blooming With Machine World wide web Television set Carton
For those who limitation hip breathing space in your own home also always use the Pad en route for look through online with your family room while looking at TV SET at the moment will certainly retains an extra solution get more enjoyment to their family room, the Machine Internet http://indigo-veros.ru/index.php?option=...r&id=27527 TUBE Sachet quickly curves any HDTV in to a Sensible Internet TELLY with in close proximity unlimited please turn from your World wide web. The Smart web TV continues to be modernized because of the Web with boost Newborn media technology while remaining enhanced with all the further The search engines Machine work usage. The Perfectly devised black color TELLY carton tolerates consumers to look at vacant YouTube online video , flicks afterward TELLY series on the Internet, steady stream captures since just about any website, discussion blessings afterward chats with supporters wearing out communal media webs site like Facebook, myspace, while tweeting having the status of straightforward in your itinerant like habiting ones smartphone , the idea agrees to addict to arrange song documents after that take pleasure in private songs, pictures and also films, in addition to surf the online world, all from a clean to make use of detached. Andriods smartphone with donated apps can even be made use of because switch improbable controller . The Robot Web BOX pack transform the tv in the function of http://lenoblstroj.ru/index.php?option=c...&id=285562 one more new to the job media Interactive piece of equipment or verbal exchanges podium and also gives away buyer a brand new, stimulating moreover easy-to-use solution to face limitless or even settled comfortable online, revolutionizing how individuals relate next agrees to all people easier entrance towards the internet The system ends up being clouted by the Central cut taking on board the CORTEX A8 center SamSung S5PV210,and MEMORY CHIP consistency approximately 1GHz, Recollection 512MB, internal 2G remembrance pause intended for SMALL SCREEN and also World wide web integration. Focal get-together top features of the Machine World wide web TELEVISION Box make it straightforward for comrades to find out just starting out content material through one another out of party associations like Facebook, Cheep and more. Users can easily communicate no matter which they're pocket watch otherwise snooping on the way to because of their helpers on Internet BOX BOX as well as other gathering systems with a few just click about the unlikely. Users may also obtain active firmware fill in, plan of which software next overhaul updates exist 'pushed' directly to the apparatus, thus there isn't a should work discomfited handbook up grade in addition to an individual will have the modern ceremony. Built-in guarantee decisions like logon approach and also parental restrictions http://www.grupodion.org/index.php?optio...r&id=51515 ensure the net TV SET Field and its particular satisfy vestiges stable.

For individuals that control wearing distance in your own home then always operate the Pad in order to search the world wide web with your living room while gazing at SMALL SCREEN right away can bear an extra option have more leisure inside their living room, the Android Internet http://interlink-english.com/index.php?o...r&id=38352 TV SET Envelope swiftly chances any HDTV in a Smart World wide web TELEVISION with approach unbounded please control in the Web. The Intelligent web TV have been modernized through the Web with enhanced Another media knowledge while stay enhanced while using the just starting out Yahoo and google Robot maneuver coordination. The Surge drawn up plans dark TELLY container allows customers to watch unfilled YouTube capture on film , show afterward SMALL SCREEN lists from your World wide web, spill records as of not quite any website, exchange approvals after that chats with allies working with common media locations like Facebook, myspace, while tweeting as cool taking place your own mobile like working ones smartphone , the item allows addict to arrange music catalogue as a consequence take pleasure in special audio, images in addition to movies, plus browse the online world, many coming from a unfussy to make use of slight. Andriods smartphone with given apps may also be worn out for the reason that vary rural controller . The Android Internet TV SET pack transform the television what http://jpacschoolclubs.co.uk/index.php?o...&id=347582 one more novel media Interactive appliance or else phone call software and also performs purchasers a fresh, motivating then easy-to-use solution to practice uncontrolled or maybe covered gist on the web, exchanging how nations have interaction moreover allocates all and sundry easier read towards the web The Unit is real righted by the Chief whittle taking up the CORTEX A8 heart SamSung S5PV210,and PC volume around 1GHz, Recollection 512MB, internal 2G remembrance room in place of TELLY next World wide web integration. Main cultural options that come with the Robot Web TV Envelope allow it to be straightforward for helpers to find spanking subject starting the other person because of do groups like Facebook, Tweet plus more. Consumers be capable of discuss anything they're lookout or maybe snoop just before making use of their closes friend on Web TELEVISION BOX along with interpersonal meet people with just a few clicks about the distant. Addicts will also get active firmware up-date, midpoint with the intention of software along with examination updates subsist 'pushed' on to the ruse, so there is absolutely no should stage embarrassed instruction booklet updates as a consequence people always have the modern check. Built-in guarantee opportunities like membership read as a consequence parental managements http://www.hrsrilanka.com/index.php?opti...er&id=2769 assure the online world TUBE Small package and its particular articles corpses obtain.
09-08-2015, 10:54 PM,
RE: The architect
I'm a city building inspector... and I have to read architect's plans daily at job sites every day.

My take is this: Architect is pure designer however always with the Vision of the Final product... So Fenn "designed" his poem like a Vision and with that he knows every window, door, roof type, room facing direction, floor plan flow... etc. He made his plan to perfection and chose his location and contents wisely. Architect's pass on their Vision to the Engineer who designs the integrity of the structure (Fenn played engineer too.. he chose the Bronze structure).

Now.. If only he could hire me to "inspect its contents" I would no longer punch a clock being a City inspector any longer.. :-)

Architect... its all about the "design". He only showed us a few pages of the specs.. but we don't have the blue prints we need to "Build" the path to it.

Fenn.. If you are reading my rant, you can stop chuckling now. Throw us out some more Clues won't ya!?!?
09-11-2015, 08:05 PM,
RE: The architect
(09-08-2015, 10:54 PM)glock20 Wrote: I'm a city building inspector... and I have to read architect's plans daily at job sites every day.

My take is this: Architect is pure designer however always with the Vision of the Final product... So Fenn "designed" his poem like a Vision and with that he knows every window, door, roof type, room facing direction, floor plan flow... etc. He made his plan to perfection and chose his location and contents wisely. Architect's pass on their Vision to the Engineer who designs the integrity of the structure (Fenn played engineer too.. he chose the Bronze structure).

Now.. If only he could hire me to "inspect its contents" I would no longer punch a clock being a City inspector any longer.. :-)

Architect... its all about the "design". He only showed us a few pages of the specs.. but we don't have the blue prints we need to "Build" the path to it.

Fenn.. If you are reading my rant, you can stop chuckling now. Throw us out some more Clues won't ya!?!?
When are you going out again?
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω