Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youre at your spot. Now what?
02-28-2014, 09:57 AM,
I'm at my site, what do I do then ?

Well, first I sigh at the thought of my superior intellect in beating everyone else there, pull my truck over, smile and snub out my cigarette for fear of starting a fire, grab my celebratory half pint of Jack Daniels,(I quit drinking in 2000), grab my flashlight, get out of the truck, lock the door, walk down to the chest and retrieve it, open the bottle of Jack and take a big swig and smile to the heavens, hold the bottle out at arms length and poor one out for Forrest and his comrades in arms that are no longer with us, grab the chest and haul ass back to the truck. Then I call my wife and tell her to pack her stuff and that as soon as I leave Forrest's house I will be along shortly to get her. We will go visit her parents burial site, then go see my folks and take a short vacation, after which I will contact some publishers and the media and get in touch with a friend in Hollywood. That's right....I'm handsome enough to be a movie star.....What ?...... I am.... Been told I look just like Sam Elliot by dozens of people, even been mistaken for him at swank hotels and fine dining establishments before.
02-28-2014, 10:44 AM,
It's funny... in all these dreams of retrieving the chest, no one ever opens it. Amazing.

Is that because they forgot to bring a second pair of pants?

jdh
02-28-2014, 01:04 PM,
Dreams ???....haa....Plan your work and work your plan.

Trust me, I am wide awake and not dreaming now. Opening the chest there, is not recommended by Forrest. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....ok, it's my interpretation of the clue suggestions.
02-28-2014, 01:45 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Ripsaw on February 28, 2014, 1:04 pm</b>

Dreams ???....haa....Plan your work and work your plan.

Trust me, I am wide awake and not dreaming now. Opening the chest there, is not recommended by Forrest. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....ok, it's my interpretation of the clue suggestions.
</div>

Totally agree with absolute confidence (IMHO - lol)

The Wolf
02-28-2014, 02:03 PM,
@James-Perotti billboard size blaze is an interesting turn of phrase. I'd appreciate if you would be open to email. bckclvn0 gmail thnx
04-29-2014, 11:08 AM,
If I’m at my spot standing over the blaze, I think I would have to take a nitro pill.
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM,

<b>Quote from James Perotti on January 27, 2014, 5:38 am</b>

At least two parties have been at the treasure site, looking for the chest,(confirmed by Mr. Fenn), nothing at all that drew their attention toward the chest. But they were only at the site by chance, and had not figured out the clues. James
</div>

James,

If you don't know exactly where the chest is before you leave your house, "go there with confidence", then you won't find it. I'm still not convinced, one way or the other, if the "blaze" is in the poem or on the trail.

Regards,

Scott
05-05-2014, 08:22 PM,

<b>Quote from stoneman_65704 on January 30, 2014, 7:47 pm</b>

I speculate that if he brought a flash light and a sandwich into the forest it is thick and dark in that area and lighting is poor
</div>

Stoneman,

He brought a flashlight (if he really said that) because it was dark and he needed to see.

If your original plan was to die next to your treasure, where would it be? In a protected place away from the elements of course! When he first started writing the poem, he thought he was terminal. His plan was to have his bones found with the treasure. Think about that for a minute. How many "types" of places would you pick? I would pick a place that would most likely be dark; especially if it didn't open to the western or southern light.

Regards,

Scott
05-05-2014, 10:12 PM,
If he really said that? Uh yes he did, on national tv, on the Today Show.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-06-2014, 03:56 AM,
If he really considered leaving his bones there, the place would have to be sheltered. Bones in an open forest get scattered by scavengers.