Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think the chest will be found this year?
09-01-2016, 05:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 05:19 PM by mdc777.)
RE: Do you think the chest will be found this year?
(08-31-2016, 05:36 PM)knighterrant Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 05:31 PM)mdc777 Wrote: If anything said or done this year makes you think the chase is close to being over it shows how new you are to the chase.

... my 2 cents.

As someone who is new this is something I had considered. I take it from your comments that the current wave of 'almost found' mania is pretty standard as the searching season closes. Does this behavior happen every year around this time? The bizarre surprise words do seem to put a little bit of a twist on it but you seem confident in that you have seen this play out before.

I

(08-31-2016, 05:36 PM)knighterrant Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 05:31 PM)mdc777 Wrote: If anything said or done this year makes you think the chase is close to being over it shows how new you are to the chase.

... my 2 cents.

As someone who is new this is something I had considered. I take it from your comments that the current wave of 'almost found' mania is pretty standard as the searching season closes. Does this behavior happen every year around this time? The bizarre surprise words do seem to put a little bit of a twist on it but you seem confident in that you have seen this play out before.

It happens every year someone just KNOWS they have the solution but we never hear about it again. Someone just KNOWS that scrapbook is about them and their solve but again no chest. The only one who KNOWS is Forrest and guess what folks? He isn't talking... not in scrapbooks, not in the Weekly Words, not even on Dals blog anymore. So here we are 5 years later and we are right where we started... the book, the poem and searchers who just KNOW they have it figured out.
09-01-2016, 06:23 PM,
Sounds like an exercise in optimistic futility. What is the definition of insanity.....? The only thing that seems to have changed is the new names that crop up. "Running over the same old ground...year after year, what have you found the same old fears" (PF). You are correct mdc; your statement reflects exactly all we KNOW.
09-01-2016, 08:01 PM,
Ask what do you know? Nothing for sure except what Fenn tells us

But the fun part comes when you start dissecting those surprise words. Is he talking to someone and trying to guide them in the right direction?

"physics tells me the chest is wet" = "chest is close to water, river or lake" = Better head closer towards water

"if you are walking long distances in search of the treasure, you’re walking too far." = "You have gone past the chest, head back"

"Don’t force the poem to fit your spot." = "go back to the poem and adjust" = you have misinterpreted a key part of the poem, go back

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so" = "You have misinterpreted the poem and are heading down a wrong path which could be dangerous to follow, head back"
09-01-2016, 08:33 PM,
Do you think the chest will be found this year?
(09-01-2016, 08:05 PM)nmc Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 08:01 PM)SlimShady Wrote: Ask what do you know? Nothing for sure except what Fenn tells us

But the fun part comes when you start dissecting those surprise words. Is he talking to someone and trying to guide them in the right direction?

"physics tells me the chest is wet" = "chest is close to water, river or lake" = Better head closer towards water

"if you are walking long distances in search of the treasure, you’re walking too far." = "You have gone past the chest, head back"

"Don’t force the poem to fit your spot." = "go back to the poem and adjust" = you have misinterpreted a key part of the poem, go back

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so" = "You have misinterpreted the poem and are heading down a wrong path which could be dangerous to follow, head back"

What about the first one, "if you find a fish on your hook you don't need to go fishing, right"?

In any event, MrMagic keeps implying he's already found the chest with his little cryptic responses. Wonder why he hasn't opened the lid yet?

Oh, and didn't Kpro say the "walking too far" words were directed at her, after corresponding with Mr. Fenn?

Yes, I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would you need to disclose where you found the chest? LuckyLove 6 477 09-14-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: LuckyLove
  Will the chest be found 2017 search season? The Count 24 5,431 09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ROLL TIDE
  When the chest is found, what should be done? delayah 6 1,069 06-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: RahRah
  Do you think it's likely that the chest has already been found? GoneAlone 37 6,581 06-26-2017, 06:56 AM
Last Post: delayah
  Do you think Fenn wants the chest to be found soon? GoneAlone 19 3,985 06-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: illinoisghost
  CHEST HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!! PRESS CONFERENCE PENDING!!! glock20 35 7,189 09-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: azuredeb