Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grizzlies to be De-listed from Endangered Species List
09-14-2016, 10:18 AM,
Grizzlies to be De-listed from Endangered Species List
Anyone heard yet if the Grizzly has been de-listed and when tags for hunting will be authorized?? I am not a Hunter, but I do believe in balancing populations and I am sure the Fish and Game agencies will keep a good handle on it...

Also, too many people have been getting mauled by Grizzlies in the last decade... Attacks are going to happen, but I bet that when legalized tags and hunting open up the human/grizzly encounters will drop significantly. It will be interesting to see...
09-17-2016, 06:06 PM,
RE: Grizzlies to be De-listed from Endangered Species List
The comment period is open until October 7th:

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=F...-0042-5755

It'll probably be years before they allow hunting
09-19-2016, 04:59 PM,
(09-17-2016, 06:06 PM)RahRah Wrote: The comment period is open until October 7th:

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=F...-0042-5755

It'll probably be years before they allow hunting

The environmentalists will Sue just to sue.... without truly knowing the facts or are just adverse to hunting and firearms..
09-29-2016, 09:17 PM,
I say leave the bears alone.

Most of the people getting mauled are not using good sense when they are in the woods. There are other things the human idiots can do to mitigate their exposure to the grizzly bears. If they can't do that, they deserve to be the main course.

(09-14-2016, 10:18 AM)glock20 Wrote: Anyone heard yet if the Grizzly has been de-listed and when tags for hunting will be authorized?? I am not a Hunter, but I do believe in balancing populations and I am sure the Fish and Game agencies will keep a good handle on it...

Also, too many people have been getting mauled by Grizzlies in the last decade... Attacks are going to happen, but I bet that when legalized tags and hunting open up the human/grizzly encounters will drop significantly. It will be interesting to see...
09-30-2016, 11:34 AM,
Some Elk Hunters just got mauled by a Griz near Hebgen Lake.. Cabin Creek area and some other part of Montana.... There is a separate article, I can't find it stated the BEAR Spray didn't work!!! Maybe it was an old can?! should be replaced every 3 years to be safe..

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors/...r-attacks/
10-01-2016, 07:00 AM,
Ok, these were hunters with little common sense who have not studied up on bear bevavior. In regards to the female bear with Cubs. It's obvious, he was the threat. Don't come between a mother and her cubs. The other guy, basically he hung meat around his neck and called out "come eat me"! If I'm hunting in Ohio during turkey season and I'm wearing blue and using a male goblet call, I deserve to get shot. You don't do stupid stuff like that. Seriously, it is the stupid people who need to be educated about bears. Now, if grizzlies are coming into town a eating the pet dogs, then you've got a population issue. But to issue a bear hunt because stupid people aren't practicing bear sense is just idiotic. Keep the Grizzlies on the endangered list unltil all regions have establish a healthy population. I think we have to do the same with the cougar population and start restricting hunting numbers.
10-26-2016, 09:57 AM,
There are some nutjobs that want to re-introduce the Grizzly back into California.... talk about crazy!?!?
Mr. and Mrs. Brown belong up north..... not down south. Ofcourse the Griz would be first to go after all the liberals that want him back here.....