Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
oh no, not another solution
10-04-2016, 07:29 AM,
RE: oh no, not another solution
Pretty nice solution, seems to have a lot of my techniques incorporated (beaver, bolder, trains,halt), so of course I can relate very well to it.
10-04-2016, 12:35 PM,
Thanks for the feedback,

I have been pursuing trains or steam as wwwh. I am getting nowhere so far.( Except for my solve which is weak at best) I've tried C&T , Durango to Silverton, Georgetown, and a couple up in Montana. There is either a railroad I have'nt found, or the reference is to something else steam like a steamboat of the name of a town with steam in it like Steamboat Springs.

tr_hunter
10-04-2016, 12:42 PM,
(10-04-2016, 12:35 PM)tr_hunter Wrote: Thanks for the feedback,

I have been pursuing trains or steam as wwwh. I am getting nowhere so far.( Except for my solve which is weak at best) I've tried C&T , Durango to Silverton, Georgetown, and a couple up in Montana. There is either a railroad I have'nt found, or the reference is to something else steam like a steamboat of the name of a town with steam in it like Steamboat Springs.

tr_hunter

Not sure if you've stumbled on this one:

Early in June in the year 1851, people living at the American Fur Company trading post (near the later site Fort Mitchell) were startled by the scream of a steam whistle, and so far as within the knowledge of people there was no such thing nearer than the Missouri River. That year the spring turned off warm and the river was filled from bank to bank. It was the first and only steamboat ever seen on the Platte in Wyoming. It proved to be the El Paso, and it continued its journey to the mouth of the Platte canyon where the current proved too strong for it to proceed further. Then the return journey was commenced. G.L. Shumway mentions the steamboat incident in his history of Nebraska and the historian, Everett Hale, published a book in 1874 in which he mentions the navigation of the Platte by the steamboat El Paso.
10-04-2016, 06:21 PM,
RahRah, interesting.
I can't imagine to many steamboats in the Rocky's. Is there anything else steam driven that we are missing?
10-04-2016, 06:42 PM,
I imagine that most of the stamping mills were steam driven, also the hoists for vertical shafts.
10-05-2016, 09:51 AM,
I love the stamping mill thought. I like the connection of a steam powered stamp mill in a gold mine to fill the gold in a chest. I doubt there are any working steam stamp mills currently, must be a historic site.
This was interesting : http://www.miningartifacts.org/Colorado-Mines.html
I think I spend a little time on this angle.
10-08-2018, 04:14 PM,
Really love this solve and would love to hear from people who actually searched the area.
Came up with it separate from the original poster but still believe it deserves another search unless people convince me it has been all checked out.
Anyone interested in going next summer or early fall?
10-09-2018, 03:29 PM,
My partner, Deeep, searched the inside of all the water tanks, below the train trestle near Osier, Osier itself, the old ammo hole, etc. Check out the movies made there and it crosses the border 9 or 11 times depending on which brochure you use. If you choose to go in winter, leave yr Lexus at home and use the Adventure boys out of All Seasons Adventure,great guys.
10-09-2018, 05:39 PM,
5GIRLS, thanks for sharing the areas searched and the tip about All Seasons Adventure.
10-09-2018, 05:51 PM,
To the original poster:

Nice solve. I like some things, and others are blah. Either way, I am going to have to say your solve is wrong, based on just two important facts:
1. I am going to play the odds and guess you are wrong.
2. You posted your solve for all to see.

Would you really post where you thought it could be, if you really thought it was there? If yes, well I guess you are just really nice.

Good luck. I gave up, this thing will drive you nuts if you let it. Don't let it.

Cruiser likes Mustard FJ40's, do you?