Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Assume. ..
11-12-2013, 08:38 PM,
Lets Assume. ..
Well, if we can take Forrest at his word and the poem will, in fact, lead a person to the chest without knowing all the other clues, then there is obviously something not-so-simple about those 24 seemingly simple lines.
11-12-2013, 08:53 PM,
Lets Assume. ..
Exactly, SC! That is why the poem is solvable without any of the extra clues. Assuming Forrest hid the treasure, his poem is solvable at all and all you need is the poem, then none of the extra clues are necessary. That in itself to me is a huge clue about how to decipher the information within the poem. Not simple indeed.
11-12-2013, 09:01 PM,
Lets Assume. ..

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Pooka on November 12, 2013, 8:53 pm</b>

Exactly, SC! That is why the poem is solvable without any of the extra clues. Assuming Forrest hid the treasure, his poem is solvable at all and all you need is the poem, then none of the extra clues are necessary. That in itself to me is a huge clue about how to decipher the information within the poem. Not simple indeed.
</div>

Okay, this gets me back to one of my earlier posts...if solving the clues in the poem will give the location of the chest such that you end up north of Santa Fe, in the Rockies, between 5 & 10,200 ft etc, etc, what does the solution look like? Coordinates? Is there any other solution that can be reached without resorting to numbers?
11-12-2013, 09:10 PM,
Lets Assume. ..
I got all my original solve stuff, straight form the poem. it just happened to be North of Santa Fe.
11-12-2013, 09:22 PM,
Lets Assume. ..
SidnCharley,

would you mind if I send you an E-Mail.
11-12-2013, 09:34 PM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from Seeker on November 12, 2013, 9:22 pm</b>

SidnCharley,

would you mind if I send you an E-Mail.
</div>

Not at all - and the ayes have it at gmail
11-12-2013, 10:13 PM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from SidnCharley on November 12, 2013, 8:38 pm</b>

Well, if we can take Forrest at his word and the poem will, in fact, lead a person to the chest without knowing all the other clues, then there is obviously something not-so-simple about those 24 seemingly simple lines.
</div>

I've discussed this elsewhere. Some people believe the physical description is so precise that there is nothing more needed aT ALL. I think those people are nuts. I personally subscribe to the "key" theory that was very nicely articulated by "clinger" the other day. this is what clinger wrote:

<b>Quote from clinger on October 10, 2013, 6:28 pm</b>

The reason it hasn't been cracked is because no one has yet hit upon the key. It might be a book, a place, an ancient artifact, a piece of art, ect. Once someone has Fenn's key or Rosetta stone the poem will make sense & someone will walk to the treasure with confidence.

My 2cents.
</div>

Then jj wrote soon after that:

<b> Quote from JJ on November 7, 2013, 10:33 pm</b> In an email Forrest told me it took a key and not a combination for whatever that is worth.
</div>

I started using a key in June. People don't seem to like talking about key theory much but I don't mind it. Right now I have what seems to be a unique spot pointed to by the key and that has no contradictions. If it has no contradictions it will be the only such solution the key has given me. But the contradictions aren't always trivial to spot. I spent the past couple months trying to find a spot that had obvious contradictions but it seemed worth doing anyway. I think I found it yesterday and doing that helped. I got to the blaze and said "yep. This is a blaze alright. It's the wrong blaze. I'm not mounting a major search effort here, at least not today." Sometimes you just have to try <i>something</i>. Anyway, this morning perhaps I found a path through the muck and mire which might have a snowball's chance in heck of not being inconsistent.

Anyway, the trick with a key is, that you have to link the key to the poem/book/chest . At least that's how I see it. You don't need to find numbers or coordinates within the poem. You need to find references to the key within the poem and book. Then you have to interpret the key in terms of the poem. That's what I am doing. My interpretation of the poem itself is literal. Without the key the literal interpretation wouldn't take me to a unique spot on the ground. I think there are probably hundreds or even thousands of spots that match the literal interpretation, sans key. With the key the literal interpretation will put me at a unique spot. That's the hope. I haven't really had enough time to turn my new solution into Swiss cheese yet so this could all be more of John's gibberish. It'll take a few days. I get excited and blinded to flaws. It takes time for them to become manifest.
11-12-2013, 10:46 PM,
Lets Assume. ..
I also believe you need a key and one key that I have used is think of the biggest wwwh, then the biggest canyon from wwwh then the biggest HOB from canyon or in that canyon etc. etc that is in the Rocky Mnts and north of SF. This is the big key theory.

I initially believed that the biggest wwwh was a volcano but there are bigger wwwh, even could be the Pacific ocean which is not in the Rockies or north of Santa Fe but that is where the chest is located not where you start.
11-12-2013, 11:17 PM,
Lets Assume. ..
The clues in the poem lead you straight to the treasure IF you know where to start. (see the starting point thread) If you do not know where to start it's like throwing darts at a map. There are literally hundreds of locations that can fit WWWH and Home of Brown in the Rocky Mountains. So how do we know where to start? By the clues in the book that's why FF put them in there. Why more people are not focusing on the clues in the book is beyond me... but anyway good luck everyone.
11-13-2013, 06:10 AM,
Lets Assume. ..
I used two keys, there was a long discussion on Dal's forum about the keys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why assume all clues are in one of the four states? Tony 5 759 07-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Tony