Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Assume. ..
11-13-2013, 08:03 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on November 12, 2013, 11:17 pm</b>

The clues in the poem lead you straight to the treasure IF you know where to start. (see the starting point thread)
</div>

IYHO

This is certainly not a position that I agree with.
11-13-2013, 08:04 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from James Perotti on November 13, 2013, 6:10 am</b>

I used two keys, there was a long discussion on Dal's forum about the keys.
</div>

about "the keys" or about "keys" for the poem in general? Do you remember where/when the discussion was?
11-13-2013, 08:45 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

The clues in the poem lead you straight to the treasure IF you know where to start. (see the starting point thread) If you do not know where to start it's like throwing darts at a map. There are literally hundreds of locations that can fit WWWH and Home of Brown in the Rocky Mountains. So how do we know where to start? By the clues in the book that's why FF put them in there. Why more people are not focusing on the clues in the book is beyond me... but anyway good luck everyone.
</div>

Absolutely. I think you are 100% correct. Find the correct solution to the first two clues, and the others follow. If there is a "key," it's the "where warm waters halt" and "home of Brown." Even after doing so, it will be hard to find the correct "blaze."
11-13-2013, 08:48 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from John Brown on November 13, 2013, 8:04 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">

</div>

about "the keys" or about "keys" for the poem in general? Do you remember where/when the discussion was?</div>
</div>
Hi John Brown, The discussion was in the nine clues section, I don't remember anyone getting to specific, but there was agreement that a key was required, and it was suggested that there was three possible keys. One key was that the nine clues concealed other clues within them, another key was Spanish translations, and the third key was synonyms. Mr. Fenn having said that his motivation for hiding the chest, was to give something back to "the local community", I would think would put anyone at least in the right State.
11-13-2013, 08:52 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from John Brown on November 13, 2013, 8:03 am</b>

The clues in the poem lead you straight to the treasure IF you know where to start. (see the starting point thread) {....}
</div>

IYHO

This is certainly not a position that I agree with.</div>
</div>

If you are correct, how does one know where to start?
11-13-2013, 09:05 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from John Brown on November 13, 2013, 8:04 am</b>

</div>

about "the keys" or about "keys" for the poem in general? Do you remember where/when the discussion was?</div>
</div>
Hi John Brown, The discussion was in the nine clues section, I don't remember anyone getting to specific, but there was agreement that a key was required, and it was suggested that there was three possible keys. One key was that the nine clues concealed other clues within them, another key was Spanish translations, and the third key was synonyms. Mr. Fenn having said that his motivation for hiding the chest, was to give something back to "the local community", I would think would put anyone at least in the right State.
11-13-2013, 09:10 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from James Perotti on November 13, 2013, 9:05 am </b>

Mr. Fenn having said that his motivation for hiding the chest, was to give something back to "the local community", I would think would put anyone at least in the right State.
</div>

But what if you knew nothing of the poem's author. Would that automatically disqualify a person from finding the chest?
11-13-2013, 10:17 AM,
Lets Assume. ..
Hi SidnCharley, Your asking does the poem alone contain a complete map to the chest, I would say no, because (originally) Mr. Fenn had said that "all a person needs, is the poem and a map". The thing that has to found is the blaze, and I don't think that the poem tells us what the blaze is, I think the poem gives clues to get us close to the blaze, but that's it.
11-13-2013, 11:13 AM,
Lets Assume. ..
Hi SidnCharley, Another thought, I used the poem to make a map, that lead to my search area, using the keys mentioned above, with no other input. So I'll have say that at least it's possible, with just the poem, and knowing nothing else.
11-13-2013, 11:18 AM,
Lets Assume. ..

<b>Quote from James Perotti on November 13, 2013, 10:17 am</b>

Hi SidnCharley, Your asking does the poem alone contain a complete map to the chest, I would say no, because (originally) Mr. Fenn had said that "all a person needs, is the poem and a map". The thing that has to found is the blaze, and I don't think that the poem tells us what the blaze is, I think the poem gives clues to get us close to the blaze, but that's it.
</div>

But if there is a "key" to decipher in the poem, wouldn't that include the Blaze almost automatically? Example: if you use, lets say, ever 10th word or letter to spell out other words, wouldn't the blaze have to be in there?

I would think that is the whole point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why assume all clues are in one of the four states? Tony 5 759 07-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Tony