Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Assume. ..
11-11-2017, 11:17 PM,
RE: Lets Assume. ..
All the art in the Poem represent 15 years and it wrote itself. The Poem is all about art. Art is the key word. You all keep spinning in circles not going anywhere after the last 7 years.
11-12-2017, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 05:30 AM by easternOHsteve.)
(11-15-2016, 08:09 AM)old drum Wrote: If your solve involves a total of 8 miles hiking over uneven terrain at altitude, I suggest it fails the "79 or 80 year old man" test.

You got that right old drum. From experience, with ms and using a cane 6 miles was much too far for me walking. I think f was probably pretty physically able; however, would you if there was another way? I don't think so! He drove very near the coveted spot and walked 1200' maybe. imo of course

I believe he is working the poem in his head for 15 years. Have you every thought about (hypothetically anyway) planting say a large flower bed in your yard. You don't sit down immediately and order bulbs. It's winter anyway. Then you get ill the next fall and that takes three years. You are running a demanding business and flying a company plane all over the country. You have a myriad of life responsibilities; you have family. Then you have no money the next year.
This is all just hypothetical; but it could be. You still desire the large flower bed more than ever. It doesn't stop you from looking at the area you want to have beautiful flowers growing in. You still are thinking what would make it match, what would the pattern be, colors, types, how they would match.
You would look up the spacing needed. You need to look up the sunlight needed. ETC...
Now all this is in your head and you know just what types you need. You can either order the bulbs or you can sit down and design the garden on paper. The paper would actually not be needed; it would be an after thought ONLY if you wanted to have someone look for the Black Beauty Iris at 12' from the deck and 3' X 28' from the corner of the house.
just saying ss
11-12-2017, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 07:58 AM by John Brown.)
(11-15-2016, 01:13 PM)ThrillChaser Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 08:09 AM)old drum Wrote: If your solve involves a total of 8 miles hiking over uneven terrain at altitude, I suggest it fails the "79 or 80 year old man" test.

You may be right, and you may be wrong.

Did the 80 year old who climbed Everest ever have a hateful chewing malignancy embedded in his inferior vena cava?

(11-11-2017, 10:52 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @anyone - This is very confusing to me. Let's assume that FF is truthful when he states that it took him 15 years to write the poem. How does that compute with his statement that he could have written the poem BEFORE he hid the treasure ... but he didn't? Both statements CANNOT possibly be true.

Statement #1: FF worked on the poem for 15 years.
Statement #2: FF hid the treasure BEFORE he wrote the poem.

I know I've brought this up before, BUT ... FF has said to believe NOTHING except for the book (TTOTC) & the poem. Does that mean that anything he says audibly is suspect? Do we need to regard his verbal statements & any other since-written words as lies? Or possibly manipulation, loss-leaders, & red herrings?

I thought he said that he hid the treasure before he FINISHED the poem.
11-12-2017, 08:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 08:23 AM by astree.)
Becky, If I recall, there are several quotes. One is from Mysterious Writings (weekly words?)

"I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure, but I didn't"

(Note, I don't think he wrote treasures with "s")

As you point out, he definitely has made a point that he worked on the poem for fifteen years. Also, I believe Preston said either in the new book release or in the forward to the new book, that at some point, Forrest read the poem to him, but he wasn't sure it was the same version. If this is true, reading implies he had it written down.

As well, the are other quotes from Forrest, such as earlier versions containing lines like "take the chest and leave my bones alone"

So I agree.... Mysterious if we take his comments as true.

11-12-2017, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 12:26 PM by Beavertooth.)
Not mysterious if you take the second definition of write. First definition is to mark down on paper, etc. Second definition is to communicate (to someone) what you have written. I believe Forrest enjoys teasing us with alternative meanings.
11-12-2017, 02:29 PM,
ff said, ".... I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?)" f

He could have had the poem 99% complete and just tweaked a couple of lines for this to be true.
11-12-2017, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 06:54 PM by Becky from WV.)
@anyone - All I'm saying is that FF has NEVER been consistent when stating important FACTS. It is imperative that he be completely accurate because each of us searchers has too much time, effort, & $$$ invested (NOT to mention plans, hopes, & dreams) for FF to be leading us around for his amusement.

FF also said that he hid the treasure loot first, then went back to his car for the chest. Then in an interview at Dal's, he stated the exact opposite ... that he carried the chest FIRST, then went back for the loot. Does it matter in our finding it? Probably NOT. But it DOES matter considerably that he is NOT definite or accurate in his statements to us.

Same with the $100,000 IOU ... when FF said he cannot remember whether or not he included it in the chest. That HAS to be a LIE. Either he did or he didn't.

So for me the question of whether or not ANY of FF's other statements are true definitely becomes an issue. Not hidden in a graveyard or an outhouse, not near a structure or a human path, etc ... ALL of it has become questionable for me. It stinks when you can NOT trust the guy whose directions you must follow & on whose word you have to rely.

I don't understand WHY so many of us are willing to keep FF on a pedestal. He needs to go back over his statements & make the necessary corrections. But I'm pretty sure he won't. Confusing us has most likely become a game to him, & the rules continue to be unfairly revised as we go along.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets Just Get Down To It imsunbuddynow 30 5,347 03-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  Lets focus... romeofoxtrot 34 10,003 06-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  Why assume all clues are in one of the four states? Tony 5 861 07-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Tony