Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Assume. ..
11-12-2017, 08:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 08:23 AM by astree.)
RE: Lets Assume. ..
Becky, If I recall, there are several quotes. One is from Mysterious Writings (weekly words?)

"I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure, but I didn't"

(Note, I don't think he wrote treasures with "s")

As you point out, he definitely has made a point that he worked on the poem for fifteen years. Also, I believe Preston said either in the new book release or in the forward to the new book, that at some point, Forrest read the poem to him, but he wasn't sure it was the same version. If this is true, reading implies he had it written down.

As well, the are other quotes from Forrest, such as earlier versions containing lines like "take the chest and leave my bones alone"

So I agree.... Mysterious if we take his comments as true.

11-12-2017, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 12:26 PM by Beavertooth.)
Not mysterious if you take the second definition of write. First definition is to mark down on paper, etc. Second definition is to communicate (to someone) what you have written. I believe Forrest enjoys teasing us with alternative meanings.
11-12-2017, 02:29 PM,
ff said, ".... I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?)" f

He could have had the poem 99% complete and just tweaked a couple of lines for this to be true.
11-12-2017, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 06:54 PM by Becky from WV.)
@anyone - All I'm saying is that FF has NEVER been consistent when stating important FACTS. It is imperative that he be completely accurate because each of us searchers has too much time, effort, & $$$ invested (NOT to mention plans, hopes, & dreams) for FF to be leading us around for his amusement.

FF also said that he hid the treasure loot first, then went back to his car for the chest. Then in an interview at Dal's, he stated the exact opposite ... that he carried the chest FIRST, then went back for the loot. Does it matter in our finding it? Probably NOT. But it DOES matter considerably that he is NOT definite or accurate in his statements to us.

Same with the $100,000 IOU ... when FF said he cannot remember whether or not he included it in the chest. That HAS to be a LIE. Either he did or he didn't.

So for me the question of whether or not ANY of FF's other statements are true definitely becomes an issue. Not hidden in a graveyard or an outhouse, not near a structure or a human path, etc ... ALL of it has become questionable for me. It stinks when you can NOT trust the guy whose directions you must follow & on whose word you have to rely.

I don't understand WHY so many of us are willing to keep FF on a pedestal. He needs to go back over his statements & make the necessary corrections. But I'm pretty sure he won't. Confusing us has most likely become a game to him, & the rules continue to be unfairly revised as we go along.
11-14-2017, 05:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 05:52 PM by Sourdough.)
(11-12-2017, 06:53 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @anyone - All I'm saying is that FF has NEVER been consistent when stating important FACTS. It is imperative that he be completely accurate because each of us searchers has too much time, effort, & $$$ invested (NOT to mention plans, hopes, & dreams) for FF to be leading us around for his amusement.

FF also said that he hid the treasure loot first, then went back to his car for the chest. Then in an interview at Dal's, he stated the exact opposite ... that he carried the chest FIRST, then went back for the loot. Does it matter in our finding it? Probably NOT. But it DOES matter considerably that he is NOT definite or accurate in his statements to us.

Same with the $100,000 IOU ... when FF said he cannot remember whether or not he included it in the chest. That HAS to be a LIE. Either he did or he didn't.

So for me the question of whether or not ANY of FF's other statements are true definitely becomes an issue. Not hidden in a graveyard or an outhouse, not near a structure or a human path, etc ... ALL of it has become questionable for me. It stinks when you can NOT trust the guy whose directions you must follow & on whose word you have to rely.

I don't understand WHY so many of us are willing to keep FF on a pedestal. He needs to go back over his statements & make the necessary corrections. But I'm pretty sure he won't. Confusing us has most likely become a game to him, & the rules continue to be unfairly revised as we go along.

The poem and TTOTC book are enough to find the treasure chest. Forrest didn’t need to provide any additional information.

He decided to “participate” but expecting someone in their mid-80s to be 100% consistent at all times while he tries not to make a mistake and give it away is unrealistic—especially during live Q&A. Where mistakes were made (like the Pinion comment), he made corrective statements. When someone was given something separately, he made sure to provide that to the community to prevent any perceived advantage. Ruling out Utah, Idaho, and Canada was obviously helpful.

I’m not sure what “...keep FF on a pedestal” means. We each make a choice on whether we participate. His level of perfection may be below your standards. While he is obviously having fun with his responses, he has stated there is no intent to mislead. He added/removed items in the chest over a long period of time. He removed bills since he knew they wouldn’t last. If he sealed his memoir in a jar to protect it, wouldn’t it make sense for the IOU to be included in the same jar and he just doesn’t remember when he sealed the jar whether it was included—especially if printed in micro-text? Once he decided to hide it, would it be worth opening the jar if sealed months/years beforehand to check/remove the IOU if he already came up with a better method afterwards to know when the chest is found?

Whether he carried the contents or chest first are immaterial to finding it. Whether the IOU exists or not is immaterial to finding it. If you believe he needs to clear something up, email him and ask him to post a response on one of the blogs. Optionally, start a heated thread on HoD and you may get a response.

I don’t put him on a pedestal but I do appreciate what he is trying to do. If I believed he was intentionally trying to mislead us or that this is all a hoax, I would not be actively searching. LIE is a strong word and he legitimately may not remember. He can’t state yes or no unless 100% certain. One sure way to find out is for one of us to find it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets Just Get Down To It imsunbuddynow 30 4,656 03-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  Why assume all clues are in one of the four states? Tony 5 762 07-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Tony