Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fenn's Nine Clues...Can we now list them?
10-10-2016, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 10:18 AM by Bytor.)
When "The Thrill of the Chase" first came out, people were speculating on what the nine clues were. Now that it has been several years since the book was released, people say that have solved some (or even all) of the clues. What do we think those nine clues are today? Can we make a list? We don't have to say what the clue translates to. I am just curious as to what we think are the REAL CLUES...ones that are not speculation any more. Clues that actually make sense, possibly have a confirmer or sorts, lead to another clue...etc...

Since I started this thread, I will go first. I think the following line is one of Fenn's clues:

And take it in the canyon down

Dark necessities are part of my design.
10-10-2016, 10:50 AM,
RE: Fenn's Nine Clues...Can we now list them?
No, nobody can
10-10-2016, 11:01 AM,
That is part of a clue, but not a full clue
10-10-2016, 11:46 AM,
Bytor - And take it in the canyon down - that's only part of the clue
10-10-2016, 10:00 PM,
There will never be a consensus on them...
10-10-2016, 10:07 PM,
This will go in circles but I appreciate what you are trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-11-2016, 07:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 07:46 AM by The Wolf.)
The 9 clue are one of the most vague and elusive things Mr. Fenn has done in this treasure hunt. Even the first two clues are intentionally kept vague. Why do you suppose that is? I mean it is just the first two clues and he hammers home the importance of WWWH.

Perhaps structure is the importance of solving the poem, give away the structure and you give away the game. Is it the importance of 9? "Nice think Halo" comes to mind.

Then there is strong evidence to suggest one needs the first clue nailed down prior to searching,yet we won't know we have it until we have the chest, seems on the surface to be a impossible task. Chicken and egg concept.

I have said this many times, the chase was designed to make us all fail in the beginning until we learn to understand the clues. So if that is true (so far the theory holds), then the importance of identifying the 9 clues is paramount, but most unlikely what we initially thought and definitely not what the masses agree to.

So if my theory is correct, it is futile to preconceive the 9 clues. The only alternative is to identify clue one and like all good detectives, follow them to the chest, and then it will be obvious which are the 9 and the importance of 9.

Alternatively, one could start at many WWWH (whether clue one or two or what ever) and follow the trail and see if that will eventually clarify the 9. "What????" You say, that is the first clue? Really? But if everything is not as they seem, how can that be the first clue? See how this is played? A good puzzle maker only makes it clear at the end, so we are back to the circular argument.

In the end I most strongly believe, this confusion is intentionally planned and necessary for the final, "What took me so long?"

I know this is unlikely to convince or help anyone, so guess as you may, it is a treasure hunt and that is part of the fun. But remember, I warn you the path will not be direct for those who prejudge, but sure for those who unlock the poem.
10-11-2016, 07:50 AM,
(10-11-2016, 07:41 AM)The Wolf Wrote: The 9 clue are one of the most vague and elusive things Mr. Fenn has done in this treasure hunt. Even the first two clues are intentionally kept vague. Why do you suppose that is? I mean it is just the first two clues and he hammers home the importance of WWWH.

Perhaps structure is the importance of solving the poem, give away the structure and you give away the game. Is it the importance of 9? "Nice think Halo" comes to mind.

Then there is strong evidence to suggest one needs the first clue nailed down prior to searching,yet we won't know we have it until we have the chest, seems on the surface to be a impossible task. Chicken and egg concept.

I have said this many times, the chase was designed to make us all fail in the beginning until we learn to understand the clues. So if that is true (so far the theory holds), then the importance of identifying the 9 clues is paramount, but most unlikely what we initially thought and definitely not what the masses agree to.

So if my theory is correct, it is futile to preconceive the 9 clues. The only alternative is to identify clue one and like all good detectives, follow them to the chest, and then it will be obvious which are the 9 and the importance of 9.

Alternatively, one could start at many WWWH (whether clue one or two or what ever) and follow the trail and see if that will eventually clarify the 9. "What????" You say, that is the first clue? Really? But if everything is not as they seem, how can that be the first clue? See how this is played? A good puzzle maker only makes it clear at the end, so we are back to the circular argument.

In the end I most strongly believe, this confusion is intentionally planned and necessary for the final, "What took me so long?"

I know this is unlikely to convince or help anyone, so guess as you may, it is a treasure hunt and that is part of the fun. But remember, I warn you the path will not be direct for those who prejudge, but sure for those who unlock the poem.

Why is the path not direct? I will tell you why, its all the bs being fed to the masses. But in the end even the puzzle maker shows his hand because he is always directing you to what is not.
10-11-2016, 08:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 08:07 AM by The Wolf.)
(10-11-2016, 07:51 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 07:41 AM)The Wolf Wrote: One of the most vague and elusive things Mr. Fenn has done. Even the first two clues intentionally kept vague. Why do you suppose that is? I mean it is just the first two clues and he hammers home the importance of WWWH.

Perhaps structure is the importance of solving he poem, give away the structure and you give away the game. Is it the importance of 9? "Nice think Halo" comes to mind.

Alternatively, one could start at many WWWH (whether clue one or two) and follow the trail and see if that will eventually clarify the 9. "What????" You say, that is the first clue? Really? But if everything is not as they seem, how can that be the first clue? See how this is played? A good puzzle maker only makes it clear at the end, so we are back to the circular argument.

In the end I most strongly believe, this confusion is intentionally planned and necessary for the final "What took me so long?"

I know this is unlikely to convince or help anyone, so guess as you may, it is a treasure hunt and that is part of the fun. But remember, I warn you the path will not be direct for those who prejudge, but sure for those who unlock the poem first.

Hi wolf, I have a couple thoughts for you. First, I believe that Fenn's comment that they won't know until the chest is found was not indicative of the one solving the clues but of the one who solved the first two clues and then didn't go back. Yes, they won't know they had solved clues until the chest is found and the solution revealed.

I've always maintained that it is fruitless to try and identify the clues beforehand. Except for "begin it where warm waters halt" and others that, in my mind, Forrest has identified as clues.

Lastly, I think there are clear hints in those comments that Forrest made about the clues and poem. In the end, everyone will see the hints that are plastered all over the Internet and wonder how they didn't see it. That is the mastery of the puzzle.

Crazy, I certainly agree with the last statement. Your initial statement has me intrigued. Why would FF make a statement if it is intended for the one(s) who solved the first two clues. Would that not be a form of helping them? Of course telling us all that 2 clues (now 4) have been solved. One would think that would help those more than those who did not. Yet the treasure remains, so maybe not a help.

The one big question is now that we have 4 clues, will FF ever be brave enough to confirm more than 4 clues? Would that be too helpful for the one that did, or would the search that gets more than 4 already know they had it right and thus not help them? Then again, telling us each year has always confirmed whether you have it wrong if you told him your solution, thus helping those who confided. Things to ponder...

And another thing that is interesting, did you know FF published that the treasure is not in a mine, the day after I published my book? Whats up with that? That that have read it know what we are talking about. Chuckle, chuckle.
10-11-2016, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 08:13 AM by Caledonia.)
(10-11-2016, 07:50 AM)imsunbuddynow Wrote: Why is the path not direct? I will tell you why, its all the bs being fed to the masses. But in the end even the puzzle maker shows his hand because he is always directing you to what is not.

Bingo! We have a winner!!

He has said it many times...Book, Poem, Poem, Poem, Book, Poem, Map....

Everything else is what is not.

An example....Is the blaze a single object? "In a word - Yes"

This is an answer that is not an answer.... blaze is a word in the poem and it (the word "blaze") is a single object...

Once you take apart his answers you will realize that he does not give an answer.

Edited to correct a typo..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List all the clues 5GIRLS 87 21,381 10-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  Did Forrest Fenn ever say the clues were in contiguous order? Tony 53 35,706 12-17-2015, 04:38 AM
Last Post: jamesbrohamalambage
  Fenn's Mood Swings..and Relationship to Hints and Clues glock20 1 1,663 10-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Last Post: will197532