Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest gets mail
11-18-2016, 06:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2016, 06:52 PM by JoeKing101.)
Forrest gets mail
Q & A's from 'Forrest gets mail'

I suspect the treasure is buried behind their gravestone. I can furnish you with the reasoning behind this conclusion. I call it common decency, to ask before I dig.

The treasure is hidden north of Santa Fe. Texas is south. Please don’t dig up my parent’s graves. f

Okay I know the canyon is in Colorado. The treasure box is right underneath a brown bear cave. They protect the gold in the summer so the gold can only be discovered in the winter while the brown bears are hibernating. Heavy loads is the pretty sparkling snow and water is high from the snow. Warm water halts because its down in the canyon where the water gets colder not warm. No paddle up your creek and there is only one creek in Colorado that flows uphill. Hmmm… I’m still thinking but it’s just right there not far. Hmmm????

The chest is not in Eastern Saskatchewan. Now you owe me. f

Hi Forrest,

I fear I may share the fate of Tantalus, I thought I had solved all the clues but I think I’m going to fall at the final hurdle. I thought the treasure was buried roughly six feet from the 8pm position on the crescent, in line with the submerged tree stump but alas I was wrong! It’s been a joy to learn of your life, I’ve been a treasure hunter since the age of ten but have never risen above the rank of amateur. But as you say, it’s the thrill of the chase that gets us every time even if it does get us in trouble with our wives! Many thanks Forrest and good luck to whoever solves the final piece of the puzzle.

———–

Forrest,

I have a couple of suggestions for your final hour:

1) I would make you a similar offer like Olga requested of you – I would drive you in my vehicle – wait for a specified period of time (as determined by you) – and then drive back home. Or

2) You can put the title of your vehicle in my name, make sure you don’t leave anything personal in it at your final resting place, wipe down any fingerprints, then, when it is found it will be in my name, have my address etc. (be sure to send me photos of it)—people would swear that it was your vehicle because they had seen you driving it, but, with it being in my name I don’t think they would think twice about it. And, NO I don’t need another vehicle I have six (6) already in the family. I would sell the vehicle for you and make an anonymous donation to a Non-Profit organization of your choice.

3) Also, I could suggest Parachuting—that would take you back in time, however, I feel you would be too old (sorry) to make it safe to your final resting spot after that endeavor.

I wouldn’t want you to commit suicide like your father but, I understand. You could draw-up a contract for us to sign stating that I couldn’t claim the Treasure. Doing it yourself would ensure that no one other than you and I would know the plan. Just a thought, I know you don’t know me or I you, I just feel a connection with you somehow. Maybe it’s just the long forgotten memories of my youth. Then again, you may want to choose a closer friend or not. Just think about it. No rush! I’ll go on with the remainder of my day either way.

Forrest responds-

I am a very simple person and you want me to have copious meetings with lawyers, preachers, undertakers and your family. What is wrong with me just riding my bike out there and throwing it in the “water high” when I am through with it? You don’t know how many man hours I have spent on that subject. Thanks for the input but I think you should mobilize your club and hit the trail searching for the wondrous treasure. Besides, I’ll probably get hit by a train. When you find the treasure please come sell me the great turquoise and silver bracelet that is in the chest. I wish now that I had kept it. f

—————–

Dear Mr. Fenn,

I am planning on leaving this Friday and spending the weekend looking for your treasure. I believe I know exactly where it is, like you said everything you need is in the poem, and if I find it I would like to thank you in person. I also would like to give you the chance to see the treasure again. I know I sound very sure of myself but once you figure it out everything makes perfect sense. Thank you again.

Forrest responds-

Confidence will take you a long way and I wish you luck. Please come see me with the treasure. I may make you an offer for the row bracelet. Wish I had kept it now. f

————–

Forrest,

Heading out on another search to a spot I think has a lot of merit. I was hoping to get your take on a couple of questions before I head out.

1) Can you give me the context in which you said the treasure was “in the mountains North of Santa Fe”? It seems a lot of people have taken that phrase and ran with it. My question is whether or not this was intended to be a clue.

2) Was there significance, beyond an anecdote for the book, of the Horseshoe in “Thrill of the Chase”?

Forrest responds-

The treasure chest certainly is in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe, and that is a clue. That is not to say it is exactly 360 degrees from Santa Fe, but generally. If you start chasing horseshoes you may go crazy, but it’s the thrill of the chase, remember? Other clues I have given but are not commonly known are: It’s not in Nevada and it is more than 300 miles west of Toledo, but those won’t help you much. Good luck. f

—————–

Hi Forrest,

Last month, i read about the treasure hunt you started – and I have been thinking about it ever since! I just wanted to send you a note to tell how much i appreciate the adventure that you started. I’m having so much fun!

After reading about the hunt, i ordered the book and started thinking about where the treasure could be. Since i live in Colorado, i feel like i am in the perfect place to look in the mountains “somewhere north of Sante Fe.”

Have you provided any guidance about how we should be reading the poem and approaching the hunt? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for initiating this adventure! I’ll let you know when we find it.

PS: I recently found a solution to the poem that would be brilliant, if it was correct. I am tempted to share it with you… do you give feedback on hunters’ ideas? But perhaps it is better to just wait until i can go to the spot myself and see if the solution actually leads to the chest.

Forrest responds-

I agree that you are in an ideal location from which to search for the treasure. I have received 4,526 emails, many of them similar to yours. It is not feasible for me to give feedback and be fair to everyone. There is lots of feedback on my web site if you want to follow what other people are doing. I am glad you are in the chase with your friends. I will give you an important clue, no need to look for the treasure in a place where a 79 or 80 year old man couldn’t go with a 44 pound treasure chest full of gold and precious gems. Good luck. f

—————–

Forrest,

My wife told me to write to you to clear my head or get kicked out, because she thinks I’m obsessing way more than I should. Not like this is gonna help but I said fine.

Forrest responds-

Sorry, maybe your wife will let you sleep in the barn. f

—————-

Forrest,

I know we don’t need the book to find it but I can’t help to think that you put a road map of sorts in it, as nothing in the book is just there for the hell of it. Like the colophon you used.

Then there’s them little stamps you made with days that don’t match the years. I have put a lot of time into trying to understand them.

Question for yea, what did you do first? Hide the trove or write the book and how long did it take to do the book? And why in the hell did you make all them little stamps? Lastly, this Obsession is not good for a relationship, I hope I’m on to somethen , cause if not I’m gonna need a room.

Thanks

Forrest responds-

You are not the first to figure the postmarks into some kind of equation. What difference does it make which one came first, the book or the hiding? You are an individual thinker and the kind who might find the treasure. But remember, if you follow yourself around a circle sooner or later you’ll be behind yourself. Happy hunting. f

—————-

Sir,

I came across your name through a Google search of “Metal Detecting in New Mexico”. My intent was to find historical maps of New Mexico to help guide me to a good spot to hunt for treasure. I just purchased a metal detector and I plan on taking my kids on an adventure. It’s my heavy-hearted belief that kids lack any sense of adventure anymore and camping to kids these days means camping in line for the next iPhone. I read more about you and I thought it was pretty neat that you were in the Air Force.

At 21, going to war seemed noble and adventurous, but after seeing war and not understanding why we are at war, it’s anything but an adventure. These deployments are getting longer, less organized and we are doing it with less people due to budget cuts. More with less is something that should be reserved for the woods, not the Air Force.

The purpose of this email is to say thank you. I’m not on my hunt for your treasure, yet, but the thought of an adventure of this magnitude really picked me up. I’ll be deploying again at the end of the year and the taste of adventure will pass the time as I count the days down. I think I’m going to start in Wyoming and end the trip in the mountains of Montana. Even if I come home without any bounty, the adventure will be unforgettable. Thank you for your service to the country and thank you again for this brilliant and exciting mission!

Forrest responds-

I joined the AF as a private and made buck Sgt. before going to pilot training. I stayed 20 years and 24 days. The military was good for me and to me. Thank you for your service also. f

————-

FORREST

I READ YOUR LATEST BOOK. COOL STUFF. I WOULD LIKE TO FLY DOWN AND HAVE A CUP OF RED TEA WITH YOU.

NOTHING ABOUT YOUR COOL TREASURE(I HAVE ENOUGH AND WOULD LEAVE THAT FOR SOMEONE MORE DESERVING). HOPE YOUR STILL ALIVE! LET ME KNOW.

Forrest responds-

Why would you fly from all of the way from Red Wing to Santa Fe just to have red tea with a flaps-down fighter pilot, and not care about the treasure because you have plenty? You sound like my kinda guy.

—————-

Forrest,

I haven’t seen where anyone has asked you if you mean Santa Fe, New Mexico or another Santa Fe. I think we all assume Santa Fe, NM but there is a Santa Fe, TX as well as in other states. Have you specifically said New Mexico? Maybe we should expand our search area to in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe, Argentina. Once again, if I ask too much please forgive me and disregard this e-mail. I have really enjoyed this puzzle, thank you.

Forrest responds-

I didn’t think of that Franklin. But yes, it’s Santa Fe, New Mexico. f

—————

Forrest,

We looked around the area of “Forest Creek” near a blaze there on Cabin Creek but found nothing. We also looked in a small cave further downstream where the pinnacles of the cliff look like a blaze of fire and up the side of the opposite wall about 40 feet. We took bear spray as well as our 9mm’s(some elk hunters laughed at us and said it would only make the bears madder!) Nonetheless, we had a great time as brothers on an adventure and probably will not make it back up there anytime soon. Maybe we can visit again if we get back to Santa Fe.

Forrest responds-

Glad you got in the chase but bummer about not finding the treasure. Don’t give up, maybe next summer. Did you see any other caves near where you were looking? f

————–

Recently, I purchased one of Eric Sloane’s books from the Collected Works Bookstore, “A Reverence for Wood”. I didn’t know if I would like it or not,maybe it would have a lot of technical terms in it and not being that knowledgeable about wood, maybe it would be boring to read. The title of the book was so interesting to me, however, that it was important to me that I read it.

At 8 years of age, my reading skills were not good so my mother thought she would foster in me a love of reading by buying me the books she loved to read when she was little. They were books written by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The first two given me were, “Little House in the Big Woods” and “Little House on the Prairie”. I was supposed to read 10 pages every night. Pretty soon, nobody was forcing me to read anything. My mother aways bought me two books at a time and in about two years or so I owned them all. I loved those books and read them over and over until the pages started looking ragged and the backs fell off of them. I kept reading them even when I was older and my reading skills had outgrown these children’s books.

What was so interesting to me was what life was like for a little pioneer girl in the 1800s. The stories had so much detail on how they cooked their food, made their clothes, built their homes and lived their lives with almost complete independence. It was easy to see how much pride someone could have in growing and raising most everything they ate or making everything they used. When a family traveled to a new place in a covered wagon, they couldn’t take much with them. Maybe some pretty dishes to display in their new home, a few books, the family bible, their clothes and bedding. Laura’s pa built their homes himself, made a table for dining, frames for their beds, rocking chair for Ma,a barn, etc and he made it all out of wood. I could see how wood was so essential to their lives. I also loved the illustrations in the books. They were all drawings and over time, they were as familiar and precious to me as the stories themselves.

As I read Mr Sloane’s book, I was struck by how it made me feel about times long gone, just like my beloved books of my youth. I could understand how he felt about wood and what it meant to people one hundred or two hundred years ago. Through trying to figure out where your treasure is hidden, I have gone off on numerous tangents, researching even the people you mention in your book. I might never have heard of Eric Sloane if I hadn’t read your book and so I thank you.

Forrest responds-

It is nice to be able to touch someone once in a while. f

—————-

I had a chance to scoot down the Madison this evening. Its a beautiful river. I’ve never seen it before. Next I’ll have to be concerned about a blaze but first things first. The “home of Brown” is first. I walked some nice river tonight and saw some beautiful flywater. Will check out more tomorrow.

Forrest responds-

I am afraid you will figure the clues and find the chest. That’s why I am trying to guide you to where the grizzlies hide near Brown’s house and wait for treasure hunters. It was a hard winter for them and they are really hungry.

Hi Forrest-

The beautiful weather the last few days lured me toward a winter attempt to reach the chest. I took two Geologists that work with me on a wild, crazy, snowshoe adventure.

We are back home in Utah this morning, very sore, but exhilarated by the adventure. What a great trip and it was a fantastic bonding experience with the guys. We worked to the point that our bodies were giving out. I won’t give up and will continue to improve my fitness level for the next go around.

Hope all is well.

Alan, no need to go where a 79 or 80 year old codger could not go carrying a 42 pound box of gold. Rest up and try again in the spring. f

———————–

Forrest-

I have figured out there is no treasure. This is a medical study being done by Dr. Fenn concerning the use of riddles to help delay the effects of Alzheimers Disease.

We are the case study to prove his theory that by doing riddles helps your ability to keep your mind healthy. This will soon be published in the PubMeds that are available to all doctors. The population at large will only get a brief overview of the complete study, which will more then likely not help much.

Looking forward to receiving your memoir, researching has been a lot of fun for my son and me. He is very excited about our trip. Which I think will be in June for 2 weeks.

I am concerned about one thing about the quest, should I carry a firearm (as laws permit)? Its more to do with safety with wildlife there, then protecting from other people. But I guess that wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Hope all is well

Bruce-

I hid the treasure chest at the first onset of dementia. I knew I had a disease so I made myself a note that revealed the exact location because I wanted later on to give some additional clues. Now I don’t remember where I put the note. Maybe if I search my fishing box I can find what it is that I was looking for. But why would I want to fish in this weather? I’ll go ask my wife Phyllis where my tool kit is.

No gun necessary if you are to search NM, just watch for the rare rattlesnake. In Montana and Wyoming if you see a griz you should be safe. All you have to do is outrun your son. f

———————–

Mr Fenn,

It is with great pleasure that I am writing you to say “Thank you”.

I was given a link to your story by one of my employees. She knows that I love chasing gold and treasure. She thought I would enjoy your story. Not only did I enjoy your book, but I have had it two days and have read it three times. I am planning a Spring search. Somewhere deep inside, I hope that I never find your treasure. The journey will be treasure enough.

Thank you for creating a legend. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Please don’t feel obligated to return my email. I run a small business and don’t have time for all the emails I get either. I will understand.

Warm regards,

Of course I have time for you Jack. Please thank your employee for giving you the link to my book. I can’t believe you read it three times already. I like what you said about the journey being treasure enough. There is a quote in the new book about Joe Duveen, “They never knew that it was the search they sought, and not the quarry. Good luck in the spring. f

———————–

Hi Forrest;

My wife does not believe this story to be true and is unwilling to support my actual treasure hunt trip out to retrieve the treasure. Since my wife and beautiful newborn son are more important than even the worldly treasure that awaits me; I am wondering if there is some agreement we can come to on how I actually retrieve the treasure. If I tell you exactly where you’ve hidden the treasure would you get it and present it to me at my home in Toronto Ontario Canada instead?

Then I can really buy you that drink and tell you about how I found it without spending a dime OR leaving my home! Between you and I, this experience, this treasure will forever change my life, my families life and my son’s life.

For that I cannot ever repay you.

Eagerly anticipating your response.

Adam,

I understand that your wife and son mean more to you than any other treasure. The fact that she doesn’t believe the story to be honest makes it probably not in your best interest that I bring the chest to you. It would embarrass her for being wrong and that could cause disharmony in your family. All things considered I think you should forget the gold and jewels. f

———————–

Hi Mr. Fenn,

I wonder if you could tell me if it’s at a place that my boys and I would be able to go to that’s not too risky of a place (ie: the side of a cliff). I haven’t even read your book yet. I’m already planning a trip though to Yellowstone with my family.

Patty, the treasure is where an elderly man put it so I suppose your kids would be in a safe place if they found it. f

———————–

Hi Mr. Fenn,

I read your magazine article in a flight magazine. I’m very excited about the idea of this. Do you know if it’s been found yet? Do you know of any treasure hunters out looking now in the cold?

The treasure has not been found and I don’t expect it to for a while. Most of the searchers have retired to the fireplace until spring. f

———————–

Dear Mr. Fenn,

I learned of your hidden treasure today and admit I have spent the last three hours analyzing your poem and researching geography in northern New Mexico. I was speaking with an old friend on the telephone this afternoon and he told your story with an excited interest. He is finishing medical school and wants to go on an adventure before his residency begins. As for me, I’m studying to sit for the Iowa bar exam at the end of February (rather, I am studying in those hours I am not distracted by tales of chests of gold). I have very little hope of ever finding your treasure chest and even less inclination as to its whereabouts after hours of research. However, I am very seriously considering a trip out west after the bar exam. Though it would be unimaginably wonderful to pay off my student loan debt in one fell swoop – I think the true value of the hunt lies in the experience, or if you will, the thrill of the chase. I have yet to read your book, but I imagine it will be only a matter of time before I order it.

I have also spent a fair amount of time researching you. One tidbit of information I found particularly funny is that you have been kicked out of Pompeii on more than one occasion. Is this true?

You have been compared to the coyote from Native American mythology. A rascal, a trickster even. I want to say that regardless of whether your hidden treasure will be found, regardless of whether there is a hidden treasure to find, I think you have done more good in this world with your wealth than most. Simply by motivating others to seek and explore.

I wrote because I imagine you enjoy the many correspondences you receive in a day and my email would not be an unwelcome addition. I also wanted to thank you for reminding me of a part of who I am that has waned greatly during the last years of my legal studies. I have had the opportunity to live abroad and travel widely. But now, after law school, (a black hole of creativity and childish adventure), I feel old and defeated much more often than I should.

Take Care,

Seetak, since you took the time to write me a long email I feel obligated to respond in kind, even though yours was the 6,864th one to enter my inbox. I am 82 years old and you are college age. Let me give you some advice because you will not live long enough to make all of the mistakes on your own. Go ahead and pass your bar exam but don’t you dare work as a lawyer. If you do you will wear a coat and tie, sit at a desk all day. You will not have time to smell the sky or experience the soft breeze ripe with sun. Go looking for my chest full of gold and all of the other treasures that lurk once you leave the florescent lights behind. I have spoken. f

———————–

Hi Forrest;

Sorry, Just a quick follow up question if you wouldn’t mind helping me understand the legalities around this before I make the trip and collect. I am from Canada; Since this “found” treasure is okay/legal to have but isn’t legal to sell/buy; I’m in a pickle. I wont be able to take it across the US/Canadian Border back home and wont be able to sell the loot for money without getting shot robbed, killed, arrested, detained, investigated etc.. Do you have any suggestions? I’d hate to leave it there. Did you look into the legalities around this before you stashed it and offered it up?

Thank you again for your time

Ansel, I don’t see a problem. If you find the treasure in the US then sell it here and take the cash back to Canada. They do allow you to have cash don’t they? f

———————–

Forrest-

I had taken a break from all things Forrest Fenn and treasure there for a spell. While I was away I see folks saying you’ve said a treasure hunter was within 500ft.

Hope you are doing well.

Good luck in the chase Jameel. Call me when you find the treasure because I may need to borrow some money. f

———————–

Forrest-

What’s next, the Today Show? You probably won’t even talk to us after you get all snuggly with them. That should bring in a few thousand more searchers…

Did I tell you how much I dislike competition?

Delano, no, I will never forget the common folks as I climb the ladder to Emperor. I am so thankful that I might send out a few arrowheads. f

———————–

Hi Forrest (Indiana Jones),

Thanks for the laugh! My husband didn’t think it was necessary for me to rip your story out of a magazine, but he has been the one hoarding the article since. Haha. As for your blogs, I will definitely read them and any other information you think I may find helpful. I also plan to read your books as we continue analyzing your poem.

Although I am hopeful we will figure out your poem in its entirety, I realize thousands have not…but I’d like to think I am unique.

Thanks for recognizing that I am really Indiana Jones. I had to get a new hat so I could fit the description. And the horse manure on the rim cost $10 extra. I am glad you and your husband are gonna jump in the chase for the treasure. Tell him that if you find it he can have 10% of the gold so his feelings won’t be damaged. I think it is funny that you tore pages out of Hemispheres magazine. But aren’t you worried now that if you find the treasure a lot of United passengers are gonna be angry with you. Please keep me informed about your travel plans. f

———————–

Hi I’m Melody,

I am so excited about the book the Thrill of the Chase! I ordered the book yesterday and it should come on friday. I read all about the treasure in the January 2013 Hemisphere magazine on an air plane, and i asked my dad if we could take a trip out to the mountains. He said yes!!!!!! I have been waiting my whole life for an adventure like this! Well at least the past 2 years for an opportunity like this one!!

Happy trails,

I am glad you are interested in the adventure. It should be fun for your whole family. Please keep me informed about where you are going and when, and my spirit will tag along with you. f

———————–

I can’t believe you swim there too!!! I am from Bozeman, and my parents used to take us to the boiling river and the firehole all the time when we were kids!! Now that we are older I go there with friends in the summer to relax and hang out in the sun. It makes me so happy that you are telling other people how beautiful Montana and Yellowstone are, I don’t think very many people realize how amazing it is!

Thanks for reading my blog and enjoying what it said. I have fond memories of Bozeman. One time a friend and I walked from West Yellowstone to Bozeman, 91 miles. It was maybe the best trip I ever made. We were walking along the Gallatin River with our bedrolls and candy bars on our backs when a mother black bear swam across the river with her two small cubs. She ran across the highway just 30′ in front of us, and climbed up a steep bank. Then her cubs ran across the road shaking water off their backs. But they couldn’t get up the steep bank. So my friend and I picked them up and threw them about six feet up on top. I’m sure the mother was thankful. It was fun walking on the outskirts of danger. f

———————–

Hi Forrest. I wrote you on FaceBook, but I thought I’d send you an e-mail as well. You don’t know me, but I’ve recently gotten to know lots of things about you and your hidden treasure. I’m on the way back from a trip I took skiing in Colorado where I randomly met a reporter that shared your whole story with me. It was one of the most fascinating stories I’ve heard, and I just wanted to send you a message to thank you for doing something so adventurous and imaginative. I will continue to follow you on your blog and Dal’s. Best wishes,

Phyllis, thanks for the email. I hope you didn’t learn too much about me from the reporter, but if you did, please don’t tell my wife of 59 years. So far she thinks I’m acceptable, however barely. And don’t follow Dal too closely unless you have pepper spray in one hand and a bible in the other.

———————–

I just wanted you to know that you have someone trying to find the treasure even in the country of Ukraine. I sure hope that I don’t come to the time when I think I know where it is. I will be here for a year and a half. Can you imagine waiting a year and a half or even six months to actually look for the treasure when you think you know where it is? I just wanted to thank you for what you have done. This has got to be one of the most interesting things I have ever read about. I even used your story as a sermon illustration on Sunday. I told your story and then said that God also has a treasure in His Word and He gives clues also telling us what it is and how it can be ours.

Good luck on your tour Franklin and hurry home and look for the treasure. I don’t know how long it will wait for you. f

———————–

Are you saying Bruce was close?

No, I’m not saying who was close. If I said Bruce was close he’d go back and step off exactly 500 feet and pick up the treasure. That would be terrible because you wouldn’t have anything to do all winter. One lady said she knows where the treasure is but it’s in the home of the brown recluse spider that likes dark, moist places. So she won’t go there even for the treasure. She hates spiders so she wants me to go get the chest and take it to her son, who needs the money for his education. She says he will probably give my bracelet back to me. So I have those things to think about. Being Forrest Fenn is not easy.

———————–

Dear Mr. Fenn

I’m sure that you have received several email in regards to your buried treasure. I am not one to ask for help, but I have been looking into ways to help my wife and kids have a better life and unfortunately working two jobs to make ends meet helps but takes away from family time. I’m not asking for you to give the exact location of your life’s amazing collection but an extra clue of where to start would be great. I have read every article I can find and had an idea of were to look. Then I read a statement you made about how this box was North of Santa Fa and south of Alaska. Now you have me more confused then ever. I’m sure it would make you happy to know the this amazing treasure is going to help some family out. Unfortunately only those who are retired and are already pretty well off can take the time to go look for this wonderful treasure hunt. I hope you will take my request into consideration. Thank you for your time. Wish you the best and God Bless.

James,

If I gave you a clue and you found the treasure you would feel terrible because you had an advantage that no one else had. I could not do that because it would not be fair to you. But I wish you luck in the chase. f

———————–

Forrest-

Do you still pilot?

No, If you took off right now and didn’t land for 11 months, you still would not have as much flying time as I have, nearly all of it in jet fighters. That’s about 26,000,000 miles, or 1,040 times around the world.

———————–

Forrest-

Hardly a half day goes by that I don’t whittle away at that poem. I had a revelation about “warm waters” today while I was driving to the conservatory. It sends me in a different direction, more or less, anyway I am excited about following up on it. It’s the first new idea about the poem that I’ve had in awhile.

Clevon, tell me what you are thinking now so if it’s close I can go get it right quick and move it to a harder place. f

Mr. Fenn,

After locating the Blaze in the poem by solving the clues, and having been led to the chest, I was disheartened to learn that there are two different versions of the poem. The version found on The Thrill of the Chase Resource page online shows:

The answer I already know

While the version published in your memoir reads:

The answers I already know

Based on the way the clues are solved to this point, it is obvious that every word and every letter are crucial. I was hoping you would be able to clarify which version of the poem is correct. Should the word answer have an S on the end to make it plural? Pehaps this one letter has no bearing on the final solution, but it is something that continually weighs on my mind.

Hope all is well!

Archie

Archie,

It makes no difference, one of them is only an innocent typo. You can pick which one. f

———-

Hi Forrest!

I wanted to share with you my adventure in trying to find the treasure. The general thought around Yellowstone is only crazy people are looking for it and it is a hoax.

After 2 trips, 5 days looking in a concentrated area. I’m beginning to wonder. If anything, the treasure has been found or I have been within 100 feet of it.

My first trip turned into a search and rescue effort that seems to have made my name a household word around Yellowstone. 2 nights that each one of them could have killed me…long story and amazing what the human body can endure to survive. 20 people went looking for me and they found me walking out. Then took 4 people to jerry rig a line to cross the Yellowstone River too retrieve my pack that I had to cut to get out of the place where I spent my first night. They couldn’t go down where I went up, Dangerous is an understatement. You might have had a visit from my wife and dad had I not returned and I don’t think it would have been pretty. This time I thought the treasure could be on a little island upstream from Gardiner. Nope!

So further research refined. Words like bluff, crack (crevice), Knowles Falls (wise – butterfly – flutterby) starting coming to life for me. The marbles and the miner looking down while two people are now pointing to the third marble. At first I took the image literally but after a day of tromping around over each bluff and valley leading up to Knowles Falls I realized I missed something. Then I realized the image was reversed and the bluff I needed to get to was not easy to get to. But the next day I did. I walked the big bluff, the little bluff next to it and the two bluffs below it. (half way up the bluff) I got some great pictures and saw a really unique rock formation that could draw unwanted attention. Saw a lot of trees and rocks but I didn’t see the treasure. I also expected to see perhaps a marking on a tree by Joe Meek who travelled around this area as he escaped the Indians. I did see a bear and her cub. That was scary. I didn’t see any marking like a headstone…I presume grandma’s headstone. I’m thinking grandma must be related to either Joe Meek or Mr. Knowles. But I looked all over that area overlooking Knowles Falls and Crevice Creek. No luck. Last night climbing out of that area I made a wrong turn on a mountain. So getting dark I set for the night on a side of a hill. My friend couldn’t traverse the whole distance on the 3rd day and waiting for me with a plan in mind. I missed my deadline and so once again the search and rescue started setting up a search. Fortunately, I got back to my car by 8:00 AM. Fortunately, my wife and dad weren’t called. Needless to say, either the treasure has been found or it is a hoax. If I have missed it, the path must be down off Rescue Creek Trail to the river line and then up to Knowles Falls – perhaps a little beyond from the other side but consistent with the marbles picture it would have to be a lower bluff closer to Crevice Creek. Needless to say, my wife won’t be letting me make this trek again. She’s probably going to make me unwind my business. Another casualty of the recession. Needless to say, I tried and feel like I just didn’t see the right tree. It may not be in a dangerous place, but the switches make it a dangerous adventure.

In closing, I hope it is real. I feel I have solved the puzzle, but it is not there. Risking my life a 3rd time just isn’t an option. In closing you got me. I wish I could say I was right there because I solved it and that’s good enough like you telling the lady if she could tell you where it was, you would go get it for her. The Thrill of the Hunt was more like an mission gone awry x2.

In the end, you got me.

Sincerely,

Randolph

Randolph,

No need to search any place where a 79 or 80 year old man could not carry a 42 pound box full of gold. Please don’t over extend yourself. f

—————

Hello Forrest, How have you been? Have not seen or heard much lately.

I found your treasure.

Plato

Congratulations Plato, do you want to sell the bracelet? f

? sir its yours . you know im screwing around all though i do think its in the Fleetwood make you a deal , not only can you have the bracelet back but I will also return anything else out of the treasure you would like. Its never been about the riches its been about the chase. One question : is it in the fleetwood? if not i will know to move on. if so I would honored to return your treasures. Have you read my previous emails or do you remember me? your friend, Plato.

Just a minute my friend Plato. You said you found the treasure. Are you saying now that you did not? f

———-

Hi Forrest,

Hope all is well. I just want to know what I am supposed to think of this site. He wrote me saying I should check it out. I did and it has me wondering. Do you know this guy?

Best wishes,

Cowboy

http://nmtreasure.com/

Cowboy,

Everyone wants in the act. Did you send your $99 in yet?

I am sure that any advice he could give would be worthless. You can quote me. f

———-

Forrest,

Ive been on this thing a month now. Each time I think Im close the rug gets pulled out from under me. The broken arrow pointing at the commode and the placed stone, the commode with a pretty necklace like the photo. The Alpha which was ok because Alpha is the begginning. The swivet was cruel I think, but ok, your book your rules. Ive used money I need to survive with thinking im almost there, I’m almost there. Ive been persistant, diligent, and I’m worn to a nub. I’ve braved the cold nights and cold water days. My fear of Evil spirits out there on what is a massacre area camping out. I’ll be out there at dawn while the Indian is sleeping and give it a final go. There are two Indians on the trail of this. The one with the truck and the one with the horse Im guessing. The one with the truck threatened to disapear me. I think they are related. Is the death threat part of the deal? Part of the puzzle? Be brave? The kid said the owner is dead? Are you dead?

There is now a record of the threat, by whom. If he gets in my face again in a threatening manner I am going to pull my bowie knife out and cut his throat open from ear to ear. After the last death threat I believe I am justified in doing so. I wont bother to threaten him with the knife as he could easily run to his truck and pull a gun. You see the problem with waiting periods? Just my having a holstered pistol or shotgun would prevent violence. Maybe he is your angus man and this is part of the gag. Maybe he isnt and is willing to disappear me for a million and a half bucks. Quite a motive and plenty of opportunity out there, me alone with no protection.

These guys have had a big edge for years now, Knowing its your land. Living surrounding the land. They have tapped no hole I hadnt tapped already accept maybe the ball of the feet at alpha. I let them fixate on Alpha slide to buy time. While I dug out the commode then 16 inches in the married trees, ”win all”.

Theve apparrantly given up on Alpha and now want my diggings.

Now they want me gone so they can take over what I think is the final spot. I pray the didnt see me come outa there. There is enough evidence in there like the hole and tracks of mine behind the tree it wont take a genius to figure it out. The Truck Indian is bud light boy I think now. His son is the kid and the kid says they live next to the blue barn.

I know your real smart, I hope I am not being used to harm your enemy if what Matthew the kid of Truck Indian says is true about the legal beef. Even if it is self defense. I’m sending copies of all my correspondance with you to my ex wife in case of my demise. She can give it over to the media if I get croaked or in an altercation.

Who is the unseen hand? Somebody moved those cows like the guernsey and opened the gate and made initials, my initials on the log. I know it aint Indian. It would be kind if he could hang close I have no backup, nobody.

I restored the broken arrow at the commode. hope that buys time. I’m really peeved.

Call me if you want, I have to go get a charger for my phone in the morning.

Gene

Gene,

I think it is time for you to leave wherever you are and go home. If there is any kind of violence you will be the loser. It is stupid to take a knife to a gun fight, Go away now please. f

———-

Forrest,

Just cause you will probably get a laugh…i spent hours last night with those numbers below…i added them, multiplied them, found a pattern, try latitudes, hardshad #, morse code, applied it to the alphabet, searched zip codes, elevations, phone codes etc…dreamt of numbers and woke up this morning and said. If Hegben was that deep it would reach China and have a drainage hole, all the water would leak out and if you did plunk it at Hegbens depth then I could just walk around and find it. Giggles.

Here’s a lady who may find the treasure because she has done the math and knows exactly where it is. f

———-

The internet abounds with a supposed statement from you, saying to “think big”, particularly about the home of Brown. Did you ever say that? Is that a “fact” that I can add to my page?Kindest regards from a rainy UK!
Stanley

Stanley,

I don’t remember saying that related to the treasure and can’t imagine why I would. f

————–

Forrest-

Dal’s blog thickens again with a rush of ideas ranging from interesting to scary. The topic right now is Tesuque. They are looking at that photo of you and Tesuque on Dal’s blog watching the Today Show crew. (look here for the pic http://dalneitzel.com/2013/04/17/2071/)

The latest question is “I wonder what Tesuque is thinking?”

Maybe they think they can snark a clue out of Tesuque since they can’t get one from you…

Lemonhead

Lemonhead,

Tesuque can be bought but they would be cheated because she does not know where the treasure is.f

Greetings Mr. Fenn..So happy to have a copy of your book to study and enjoy. My notes could only provide me with so much understanding….The Thrill of the Chase takes on more and more depth and meaning for me each time that I read it…

My daughter got married in San Diego on Sat. It was a beautiful wedding and celebration of their love. She has some wounds from her childhood. Hoping forgiveness will come sooner than later in her journey! All of her problems have my and her Dad’s name on them but her solutions will be her own! I just keep pouring in the love!

Though it has been a busy time with other activities, your book and the message have never left my mind for long. Looking forward to reading it all the way through again and will write you a letter explaining why brass is cold to the touch in a warm room…

Hope all is well with you…I can still hear you asking me, “What do you think?” Really hoping to meet you soon!

Love,
Mandi

Mandi,
Would that I could have your eloquence and way-with. Thank you so much for those words, they came with some needed ignition…

Please, lets meet sometime. I think I need a hug. f

————————

Dear Forrest,
I was just at the site….is it in a hard mound of rocks and sand below the stone man? Will I be arrested?

If you are arrested I’ll help you with the bail. Tell me where you are so I can make reservations. f

——————

Mr. Fenn:
I’m not sure but I think I may have found the Toledo you were referring too..as I recall you said your treasure lies 300mi. W of Toledo.

I did find one Toledo, Historical Town of Toledo South Dakota & 300mi. W would be the Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming!

I’ve created a monster. f

—————

Forrest,
My family and I went on a vacation to West Yellowstone. We saw Hebgen Lake and took 191 down into Canyon St. We turned onto HWY 20 below the Madison River into Yellowstone. We drove for about 20 miles up river until we reached Gibbon Falls. We went down to the river and it sure was cold. I wonder if they ever remove that wood that’s below the fall? There were Buffalo all over the roads it was wonderful. We seen a Grizzly up close and all kinds of animals we don’t have in Florida. If it had not been for you Mr. Fenn we would have never gone out west to see all the beautiful wonders that God created. This trip has enriched our lives in more ways than we can describe. Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.
Jerry Zacuto and Family

It is for people like you that I wrote the book Mr. Jerry Zacuto and Family. Please don’t stop searching. f

——————

Mr. Fenn,
If I may be so bold I’d like to offer a suggestion for your next clue revelation. It might save folks some grief to know for sure whether this is really buried or not. I know you have indicated pretty strongly that it is not, but not exactly been firm about it. For example, I have seen several folks at the Dunn Bridge and at the Red River Hatchery (another popular place with searchers) carrying in shovels. I try to explain they probably don’t need them, but that usually goes over their heads.

Anyway, thanks for the adventure. When (not if) I find your pretty little box I’ll be more than happy to return your prized bracelet.

Stay well Forrest – the world needs more guys like you!!

Sir, just because I haven’t said the treasure is buried doesn’t mean it isn’t. Reminds me of the old axiom, “Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.” I just don’t want to reveal that as a clue. I hear there is a guy up near the John Dunn Bridge using a bull dozer. Good luck. f

——————-

And Finally…An artist friend of Forrest’s has a show scheduled in Santa Fe for October. Since Forrest had been in the art business for many years he was asked what advice he had to share in preparation for the show. This is Forrest’s reply.

It is the responsibility of the artist to present a product that the consuming public wants to buy. That’s the main thing, and the hardest part. Galleries in Santa Fe go out of business every week because they are trying to sell something that they like personally. It’s a fast poison.

It’s OK for an artist to have romantic notions in his studio about who he is but lets face it, an artist is little more than a manufacturer in the business sense. Art is a commodity and should be treated as such, except when speaking with a client.

One bad painting hanging with good ones ruins the whole show. Just do not show anything that is not your best work.

It is the responsibility of the gallery to pull the public in to look at the art. It can be done by having a dynamic speaker talk for 15 minutes. (no longer) That speaker should be someone whose name will attract listeners and thus, expose them to the art. Ask Paul Hutton to talk about a subject related to your work. Johnny Boggs should be there with his titles for sale.

And most important, someone must sell the art. Expensive things are rarely purchased – they are nearly always sold. There is a distinct difference. When I walk into a gallery and someone looks up from a computer and says, “Let me know if I can help you.” That means he doesn’t have time for me, so instead of spending $100,000 on a painting, I walk out, not wanting to interrupt a computer game.

Selling means you need someone who is attractive, eloquent, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and extroverted. That person is lacking at your gallery, which means you should bring someone with you, even if you have to hire that person for three hours from another gallery.

The artist should try to meet people at his show but not be actively involved in selling until the deal is almost made. Then such comments as, “I think this is one of my best paintings,” “This is one of two paintings that my mother wanted to keep but I talked her into taking the other one because I needed this one to dress up my show,” Joseph Sharp, when a buyer balked, would say, “How foolish of a man to wait, when once his chance is nigh, tomorrow may be too late, some other man may buy.”

Soft western music in the background can add ambience, but softly. Mood is important. When someone wants to think about a painting, that means no, not maybe.

Lighting is critical. Your gallery murders paintings with light. Lights should be on reostats and turned down until the painting warms.

Serve a drink that’s different. What about sarsaparilla? I’m serious, and make a big deal about how important it was in the 1850s.

Put a few sold stickers on paintings you think won’t sell, or two that you don’t want to sell. Look successful.

Do you know someone who will loan a CMR or Remington painting to hang with yours?

Each painting should have it’s own focus, like it will be seen in someone’s home, not up near the ceiling.

Don’t invite friends who you know will not buy a painting. They crowd buyers away from the walls. Invite those who will make you look important, even if you know they won’t buy.

Talk to EVERY client. Talk about whether that’s a ’73 model Winchester or a 66 model. If there is history going on in the painting talk about it.

Complement people who like your work. If someone has a “good eye” because they have one of your paintings, maybe they will have a better eye if they have two. Tell them that in a way that is not pushy.

Ask a client to take one of your paintings home and hang it for a month on approval. See if it fits. If not, tell them you will send someone over to pick it up. Make sure he lights it properly.

A client with two of your paintings is not a collector, but one with three is. Bring some small “thank-you, giveaway paintings,” to let your buyer know he is more than a sales slip to you. Giving costs you very little; not selling costs you plenty.

Tell a buyer to pay your retail price and take it home for a year. After that he can bring it back for full refund. Worse case scenario is that you get to use his money for a year, and hopefully the painting will have appreciated. it so you win twice if he brings it back because you can go up 25% and sell it again.

When shipping a painting on approval don’t ever use a box wherein the painting can be returned. If the guy doesn’t want your painting make him go get his own crate. Sometimes they will keep the painting instead. It’s a percentage.

I could go on but I think I sold myself one of your paintings so I am headed to the gallery so I can pick the best one. f

Mr Fenn
We r in Santa Fe and must see u today. I need to tell u where it is so u can get for me. We respect you and your property. What do we do now?
Anxiously waiting

Dear Anxious-
You go get the treasure yourself and buy Arkansas with the money. Is there some way I can assist you? ff

——————————

Forrest
The fact that you are writting so many books and selling them for so much
makes your whole story a lot less believable… You’ve made more money
teasing people with this story then the treasure is actually worth. I feel
like if it was real you’d drop it and move on.
Oscar

Oscar
Now I remember why I didn’t ask you for an opinion. Guess I got it anyway didn’t I? ff

———————————————

Hello Forrest
May I ask – is it still true that now, even with searcher numbers doubling in the last year, you still don’t know of anyone who has solved beyond the first two clues?
Emily

Dear Emily
Searchers continue to figure the first two clues and others arrive there and don’t understand the significance of where they are. f

———————————————————————

Dear Forrest,
Well no luck on that this weekend. I really cant do much on icy ground though. The area was gated closed so my hubby went in alone. While he was out looking he got stalked by a mountain lion. In the daytime, how unusual. Must mean there isnt alot of game around? Now we understand the forest services need to post info on mountain lions in that area.
Geri

Glad you are not giving up Geri. I have a plan that will re-introduce grizzlies in New Mexico They will help keep the mountain lion population in check so you won’t have to worry when you search. f

—————————————————————

Hello Mr. Fenn
I wish to visit the Yellowstone area this spring and view the wild flowers, but my dilema is this, I wish to view the Shooting star in bloom at an elevation of 9,000 feet or a bit more. I have done what I can to learn everthing about the purple and yellow flower, consulting botanist at Montana university … the web… ect… and I know the blooming of this flower is dictated by weather,, an early spring or late… elevations.. ect….And I only have a few weeks a year for vacations and I have to pick soon. So out of all my research regarding this flower, I am thinking the second and third week of June 2014. What I am asking is your honest opinion…. Do you think this is too soon or too late to see this flower at that high elevation, Sincerely
Phillip

Phillip
We always called the Shooting Star plant Mosquito bite because it looked like a mosquito’s head. I think the first week in June may be too early to view the plant. I have seen them in Yellowstone blooming below 7,000 feet. They seem to like the north side of a mountain where the soil is a little damper. You can spot the plant from a distance when it is in bloom and evidently the animals don’t eat it but I am not sure. Good luck to you on that one. ff

————————————————————————

Forrest-
There is a guy on Dal’s blog that says he is going to Terre Haute, IN to look for the treasure because it’s 300 miles west of Toledo and because he thinks you like b-ball and Larry Bird.
Beaker

Beaker
That’s true so what’s the problem? ff

—————————————————————————————

Forrest
There’ll be no paddle up your fluorspar. This could be your last chance to email me back.
You rock
Arti

Arti-
Why should I email you back, and why should it be my last chance? Are you sick, standing in the middle of I-25, or on death row? ff

——————————————————————

Mr. Fenn,
I accidently spilt my water color brush jar today. Good thing I had you book right there to mop it up. I have been using it to store my sandpaper in my garage, Its getting pretty dusty out there. Especially since the cat litter is out there. I didn’t have any more kitty litter liners, but that dust jacket on that book of yours came in pretty handy. Our front door threshold is a little uneven so I took your other book and shoved it under the welcome mat so now its little more level. Sometimes it slides out of place a little and you got to kick it. I think a dog might of peed on it a little. I am sure it will all buff out with a little JB Weld and 40 grit sandpaper. I could probaly just buff it out with a rock or somethin.

——————————————————————————

Forrest
This is probably gonna sound like a strange question…but do you, by any
chance, like almond joy candy bars?
Louise

Louise
Yes, why do you ask? ff

—————————————————————

Hello Forrest

l’m still enjoying thinking about your treasure poem, especially after watching your performance at Moby Dickens.

Would you be so kind as to answer a question that has been niggling me – it’s to do with the ball of string. As an engineer I can’t help doing a quick calculation when I see something like this, and my ball-park figure says that on average you had to collect about 40′ of string per day to make your ball in a year or so. Is it that:

a. You really managed to find that much string?

b. You were exaggerating about the size of the ball?

c. My maths is wrong and I should hang my head in shame?

d. Unlike the ball of string, you are winding us up?
Keith

Keith
When I was a kid string went a lot further than it does today. ff

—————————————

Hi Forrest,
I saw an excerpt from your Oct 22 event at the bookstore where you mentioned again that the furthest people have gotten was only figuring out the first 2 clues. I had sent you an email after my 7th trip to Montana from Connecticut a few days before the event outlining my solution which led me xxxxxx where I planned to continue my search in the spring. Obviously if you said you know of only the first 2 clues being solved then all of the people who emailed you their solutions, including me, should start looking elsewhere. Before I give up my solution, I just wanted to confirm that you do in fact read every email even if you don’t respond.
Rod

Rod,
I read all emails unless they are too long, unsigned, or ask for an advantage or confirmation.

Those who have solved the first two clues are not aware that they did, so I don’t see that as useful information for anyone. I will not comment on any solutions that are sent to me by email. Good luck sir. f

————————————————————

Forrest
I finally got to read the True West story. Boggs did a great job…
Billy

Billy
I was on Denise Plant’s radio show in Denver this morning for 6 minutes and on KSFR in SF for 30. The latter was fun and it was a fund raiser for them. They sold lunches with me in a raffle for $25 a shot. A cute little brunette sitting in the back receiving call-ins said she gave her check and hoped she won the raffle. When I was leaving I gave her two hundred bucks to buy 8 more raffle tickets. f

FORREST
Will you talk to someone that solved your poem before they go get it.And by talk I mean explain why there but they would tell you where since your memory is fading Forrest Fenn

My memory is fading so fast I don’t remember what you said. Can you tell me again please. f

Dear Mr. Fenn,
How are you Sir? My adventure to seek the hidden treasure will begin very soon. Before I begin my adventure, I have two questions for you. How will the location of the treasure chest remain a secret if it’s also your final resting place? One cannot take one to the resting place if one has passed. Can one find the general location of the treasure just by studying the poem and reading your books without ever been to the Rocky’s?
Looking forward to your wise response. Thank you.

You underestimate me sir. f

Can I email you where treasure is? I know.

Yes, but why don’t you just go get it and then we can talk? f

Forrest,
How often do you check it? I’ll be going to the destination to claim the elusive prize on Wednesday. I’m leaving here in the morning and should be there before sunset. Please be sure to check your mail before retiring for the night on Wednesday. Please mark my words. On Wednesday everyone can cease their searches. It will be done.

How fast do you plan to drive sir? Please fasten your seatbelt securely. f

Forrest,

My brother and I have recently begun our search for your treasure. We
believe we know where it is, but we are nervous to look as we believe it
would be illegal to dig here. Im assuming that might be why its no place for
the meak ? What would you say if we said it was buried somewhere under this
square of dirt?:

I wouldn’t say anything Mitch. f

(This response from Forrest was to a woman who planned to ask me to accompany her on her search in bear country.)
If you want Dal to accompany you on your search in griz country you should contact him directly. But beware for three reasons:
1. He’s a coward when it comes to sacrificing his life for two beautiful women.
2. He suffers from grizzlitis, which is incurable.
3. He can out run you.
Good luck in the hunt. f

I will find your treasure or die trying.

Where would you like me to send flowers? f

Forrest,
If I might be so bold as to humbly implore your aid. I am pursuing direction with regard to a certain work. If you would be able to assist, guide, or direct me with the following question, I would be forever temporally grateful.
Question: When the “Sun” and the “Moon” are in their prime, does one join them in the “secret fire of the sages” or under the external influence of Vulcan?

Thank you for being forever temporally grateful. Both the sun and moon are past their prime so I think your soomonna should be allocated with mykanther riggens to effect maximum alkabate, otherwise the third sedentary might implure your aggrabate. What do you think? f

I would like to know how you came into your wealth, and how you find the
time to write books. People’s stories are always interesting and inspiring
to me, and I’d very much like to hear your story – provided you have time to
share it with me!

I was successful because I took the time to sit down for a few minutes each day and think. Try that and see if it will work for you. f

(This is a question from a TV reporter who’s story already aired. The day after it’s airing she followed up with an important question about information she got wrong in the story.}
I should have asked yesterday: have you said the treasure is buried in New Mexico?

I have never said the treasure was buried, I said it was hidden, I didn’t want to give that as a clue. I have not said it was in New Mexico. I only said it was in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe. f

I am a very meek person not to mention out of shape. I will always muster all the strenght and courage I have in order to go in there. to be honest I am scared to death. But it is part of the solution so I have no choice but to do it to get your treasure chest.

Please don’t look for the treasure in a place where a 79 or 80 year old man could not have hidden it. Be safe please. f

sr if it wouldn’t be to much to ask could you tell me what month you hid it so when I go the water is gone thank you for your time

I don’t remember what year it was, much less the month. Sorry. f

I Solved the riddle, And do not know whom to contact.

Contact your banker and the IRS. f

How old were you when you were a fly-fishing guide? Where was that?
I was about 13 and it was in and around Yellowstone Park.

How old will you be on August 15? What year were you born?
I will be 85 on August 22, 2015. I was born in 1930.

How old were you and what year did you join the Air Force?
I was 20 and I joined the AF on 6 Sept. 1950.

What happened the second time you were shot down in Vietnam? How were you rescued?
I ejected from my burning F-100 near the DMZ in Laos. I was rescued by a helicopter the next day, which was 21 Dec. 1968.

When were you discharged from the Air Force, and when did you move to Santa Fe?
I retired from the AF at the end of September 1970 and moved to Santa Fe in the summer of 1972.

When and how did your father pass away?
My father had terminal pancreas cancer and was given 6 months to live. He refused to take any pills for pain, and eighteen months later he took 50 sleeping pills. He died on 8 Feb, 1987.

Can you explain your first plan for the treasure, before your cancer went into remission? How did your disease impact the plan for the treasure? And why and when did you start it up again?
I don’t know what you mean by “first plan.” When I was told that I had a 20% chance of living 3 years I decided to take some of my things with me. My plan was to let my body go back to the earth at the place where I hid the treasure. When my cancer went into remission I decided to hide the treasure anyway.
11-25-2016, 02:56 PM,
RE: Forrest gets mail
Well done JK! A very nice resource you have organized here.

Thank you for supporting cancer research.
The Wolf
http://www.FindingFenn.com