Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
harebrained ideas that did not work
11-18-2016, 09:54 PM,
harebrained ideas that did not work
I thought I would share some approaches that didn't work for me, in case they give you any ideas with your own pursuits. Or if you just need a laugh.

One was to take the poem text, base-64 encode it, and see if it was a valid image (thinking of the "look at the big picture..." quote) Unfortunately, no luck with any of the image formats I tried. Not with the whole poem, nor stanza by stanza.

I will post more nutty ideas as I remember them.
11-21-2016, 03:13 AM,
RE: harebrained ideas that did not work
(11-18-2016, 09:54 PM)Nasty Canasta Wrote: I thought I would share some approaches that didn't work for me, in case they give you any ideas with your own pursuits. Or if you just need a laugh.

One was to take the poem text, base-64 encode it, and see if it was a valid image (thinking of the "look at the big picture..." quote) Unfortunately, no luck with any of the image formats I tried. Not with the whole poem, nor stanza by stanza.

I will post more nutty ideas as I remember them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nasty Canasta, thank you for your posting. I'm not sure that "nutty ideas"
are the ticket that will help one find the TC. I believe that the poem is
quite straightforward with no devious trickery, although some imagination
is needed, as FF has repeatedly told us. I also think that a successful solve can be achieved without any complicated over-thinking (anagrams, codes, math, history, etc).

A simple approach seems to have worked for me, and I expect to announce in early July that I have "gotten lucky" -- although for many years I have believed that mostly, we make our own luck. Even winning the lottery does take effort on the part of the individual who wins.
The above is just my opinion. Good luck to all searchers. Please make
safety a high priority, as there are many different kinds of potentially dangerous things in the Rocky Mountains.