Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Contiguous clues
11-18-2016, 10:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 12:21 AM by The Wolf.)
Contiguous clues
At Moby Dickens video - Mr. Fenn says:
"They're contiguous. I knew where I wanted to hide the treasure chest. So it was easy for me to put one foot down and then step on it to get to the next foot. "

Ok, we have used this to justify how the clues must be followed in order, but put that aside for a second. The master puzzle maker always embeds a subtle surprise within the intended message. Something much more important but almost invisible until it use becomes obvious en-route to discovery.

This statement has always bothered me. Mr. Fenn is fairly good at articulating his points, but this statement is explained very awkwardly (kind of what I am doing right now ;-) ). IF one looks at it the way he intended, it will make perfect sense.

I mentioned the solution to this hint in my book (but I did not use this example to justify it). What I found interesting was that after Dal read my book, he started a new blog section, discussing the treasure chest and its contents from this theory I proposed. I believe this was later supported by Mr. Fenn's "get back in the box" statement.

Can anyone else see the significance of this awkward contiguous statement?
11-18-2016, 10:18 PM,
RE: Contiguous clues
kinda gettin deep
11-19-2016, 12:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 12:05 AM by The Wolf.)
(11-18-2016, 11:44 PM)nmc Wrote: Seems pretty clear what he meant.
The clear part or the subtle part?... oh wait, that's right you said clear - ok so how about the subtle, care to expand? ;-)
11-19-2016, 12:43 AM,
Simple, step on it, meaning step on the gas.
11-19-2016, 12:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 01:07 AM by DeeepThnkr.)
And/or putting the foot of a bridge down, step on the bridge and put the next foot down(building a bridge to the treasure in a metaphorical way). Similarly would be using rocks in a stream as stepping stones. So as we see there are many ways to interpret anything said. This took me 2 minutes, how many can we develop in 10 months or 7 months?
The hints he gives won't lead you but can confirm what you have already found, if correct. So hind sight being 20/20 is useful here, proactive isn't, proactive is forcing square blocks in round holes in this Chase.
Wolf, this hint always seemed off to me, good catch.
Why would an 8 yr old boy say "I don't want to lose weight?" Answer this one.

(11-19-2016, 12:52 AM)nmc Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 12:43 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Simple, step on it, meaning step on the gas.

This, while driving up (one foot at a time) an incline.
Right?

So when you have learned what he teaches in this hint, you apply it to the poem and it shows you a way. It's easier if you have already learned this way but if you have strongly suspected this about the poem then it acts as a confirmer. There are confirmation points along the way!
11-19-2016, 02:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 02:19 AM by I KEEP MY SECRETS.)
I understand this and I will tell you it is an VERY important part.. At your stage, you probably dont have to focus on it yet. If you're on the right track, you'll know when you come to it. There is also a standard meaning here as well.. Its about how the vast area condenses down into a smaller area.. Bit by bit..

I'm probably not going to be posting much, within the next week..

My advice, know fenns life.. Know every chapter of ttotc by heart.. Then you'll find it..
11-19-2016, 02:47 AM,
^
Shhhhh
11-19-2016, 09:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 06:01 PM by The Wolf.)
(11-19-2016, 01:41 AM)nmc Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 12:58 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: And/or putting the foot of a bridge down, step on the bridge and put the next foot down(building a bridge to the treasure in a metaphorical way). Similarly would be using rocks in a stream as stepping stones. So as we see there are many ways to interpret anything said. This took me 2 minutes, how many can we develop in 10 months or 7 months?
The hints he gives won't lead you but can confirm what you have already found, if correct. So hind sight being 20/20 is useful here, proactive isn't, proactive is forcing square blocks in round holes in this Chase.
Wolf, this hint always seemed off to me, good catch.
Why would an 8 yr old boy say "I don't want to lose weight?" Answer this one.

(11-19-2016, 12:52 AM)nmc Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 12:43 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Simple, step on it, meaning step on the gas.

This, while driving up (one foot at a time) an incline.
Right?

So when you have learned what he teaches in this hint, you apply it to the poem and it shows you a way. It's easier if you have already learned this way but if you have strongly suspected this about the poem then it acts as a confirmer. There are confirmation points along the way!

I don't read any more into his comment beyond the obvious reference to having driven his car. Anything else is speculation.
nmc,
Stating that it is "obvious reference to FF driving his car" is speculation in itself. That is what makes this game so interesting and likely explains why it has not been solved, why there has been no consensus on solving any part of the poem. It was designed to suck those who jump to conclusions in and keep them spinning inside their imagination solution bubble. That is why when people do reveal their solutions to the masses, there are polite pats on the back, followed by generally non-convincing sighs.

Sure I can see putting on foot down and stepping on it to mean a car or several other things, but and this is a big but, how does "to get to the next foot" have anything concrete to do with a car? This is where I believe, searchers (including myself) have been getting misdirected. We need a solution, we assume, we do not challenge those little aberrations of logic.

So when we are honest with ourselves, we will challenge not only these speculations but even those that seemingly make perfect logical sense. When one starts tearing down what has once been thought of as pure logic, then the searcher IMO has become dangerous.
11-19-2016, 11:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 11:47 AM by The Wolf.)
(11-19-2016, 11:14 AM)nmc Wrote: I believe one of the biggest problems we bring to the chase is this notion that we have to over-analyze everything Mr. Fenn says. We know he drove a vehicle
You know it is absolute statements such as this prompts me to think searchers under analyze or over assume.

How does this simple conclusion justify Mr. Fenn's statement - "You over simplify the clues?"

Again my theory of what defines a true master puzzle maker is the ability to make the seemingly obvious - false. "not all is what it seems"

What if I told you I can disprove your " know he drove a vehicle" or at least down grade it to a maybe not? Perhaps there is a hidden hint in all of that sleight of hand.

If one is open to explore these other options, seemingly conflicting facts all of a sudden, are not so conflicting.
11-19-2016, 11:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 12:05 PM by The Wolf.)
(11-19-2016, 11:53 AM)nmc Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 11:32 AM)The Wolf Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 11:14 AM)nmc Wrote: I believe one of the biggest problems we bring to the chase is this notion that we have to over-analyze everything Mr. Fenn says. We know he drove a vehicle
You know it is absolute statements such as this prompts me to think searchers under analyze or over assume.

Again my theory of what defines a true master puzzle maker is the ability to make the seemingly obvious - false. "not all is what it seems"

What if I told you I can disprove your " know he drove a vehicle" or at least down grade it to a maybe not? Perhaps there is a hidden hint in all of that sleight of hand.

If one is open to explore these other options, seemingly conflicting facts all of a sudden, are not so conflicting.

You can't disprove any of my assumptions, without making your own assumptions. Are we going to debate whose assumptions have more merit now?
Ok so you voluntarily downgraded your "know" to an "assumption." We are making progress, and I didn't even have to present any evidence or make any assumptions. Wow! If only finding the treasure was that easy. (Wink)

So now that we are open to challenge our assumptions, and that a car may not be linked to this statement "So it was easy for me to put one foot down and then step on it to get to the next foot."

Are there any other possibilities to explain this awkward statement?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contiguous mrmagicarovrumrebel 1 422 07-22-2018, 04:09 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Did Forrest Fenn ever say the clues were in contiguous order? Tony 53 35,836 12-17-2015, 04:38 AM
Last Post: jamesbrohamalambage
  Contiguous or Consecutive? Hank 9 3,007 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Larsonist