Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where the heck are your shoes Forrest?!
11-24-2013, 04:57 PM,
Has anyone else noticed that Forrest comments that he had no shoes on in many of the stories in TTOTC?

What's that about?

Where the heck were your shoes Forrest?!?
11-24-2013, 05:18 PM,
HEY tralou2you I don't think we have talked before ,anyway hello, I think the no shoe thing means follow my footsteps to the trove,that was a good observation on your part.keep it up because questions lead to answers.
11-24-2013, 05:42 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tralou2you on November 24, 2013, 4:57 pm</b>

Has anyone else noticed that Forrest comments that he had no shoes on in many of the stories in TTOTC?

What's that about?

Where the heck were your shoes Forrest?!?
</div>

I had an Uncle Minus who died 40-years ago, who never wore shoes... it was common back then... especially in the summer... but Uncle Minus went HUNTING in the BRAIRS & SNOW through the woods...

Personally I am too much of a "TENDERFOOT" to go HUNTING in the BRAIRS & SNOW through the woods...

11-25-2013, 01:10 AM,
Maybe you take off your shoes to go into the water or put on your waders.
11-25-2013, 09:05 AM,
I thought Shoemaker, might be a good place look, and it looks like it might be covered by the map in TFTW.
11-25-2013, 09:16 AM,
Is that a town?
11-25-2013, 09:30 AM,
@ Steph, Good guess!
11-25-2013, 09:35 AM,
LOL I went to Tarryall Colorado for the same reason searching. What better place to "tarry scant" ya know? It was a neat search...found lots of things that fit.
11-25-2013, 09:55 AM,
It's on the Santa Fe trail, between Las Vegas and Wagon Mound, near Valmora, nm.
08-09-2014, 12:04 AM,
Near West Yellowstone or New Mexico... I think these are the only 2 logical places. Its a needle in a haystack after you choose your site. Even New Mexico, I don't see enough reference or clues in the book that point there to a specific location.. I could be wrong, or we could ALL be wrong! LOL!