Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Mr. Fenn wants the chest to be found in the near future
11-25-2013, 07:19 PM,
My opinion is mixed about this he wants his bracelet back but what do you think?
11-25-2013, 07:27 PM,
What I'm confused about is that he has said he doesn't care if it's found in 10000 years or next week. Why do some people say he's wrong and wants it found now? Shouldn't he know what he wants more than us?
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM,
all I know is, I don't want it found till I find it.
11-25-2013, 08:37 PM,
I feel exactly the same way...well, sort of lol....
11-25-2013, 08:47 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on November 25, 2013, 7:27 pm</b>

What I'm confused about is that he has said he doesn't care if it's found in 10000 years or next week. Why do some people say he's wrong and wants it found now? Shouldn't he know what he wants more than us?
</div>

I agree that only Mr. Fenn could know how he feels about it, but I personally wonder if this treasure hunt has taken on more of a "life of it's own" than Mr. Fenn ever imagined it would.

It is only my opinion, but I sense he enjoys a good mental challenge himself and may someday want to know that a searcher understood and appreciated all his amazing intricacies. Again, it would be about the "thrill" of the mental discoveries in addition to the physical treasure chest.

I applaud him for all that I have found so far. I guess that is one of the reasons I have sent him my interpretation of what I perceive to be hints in his writings and his quotes. I felt so rewarded when he wrote back that he wanted to know my interpretation of one of his recent blogs. Of course, it may not have anything to do with the actual treasure hunt, but I really enjoyed the challenge he gave me.

Perhaps he will write a book that will someday clue all of us into the architecture of his Poem. Perhaps he already has!

11-25-2013, 08:56 PM,
It would be interesting to know what he thinks of the path it's taken compared to what he thought this would have been like.

I agree RP about the mental challenge.

11-25-2013, 09:20 PM,

<b>Quote from Butch on November 25, 2013, 9:12 pm</b>

I believe he used the "10,000 year" comment to allude to the inherent difficulty in finding the TC. In this vein, the location should be remote enough that it would not be roadside, near campgrounds, or along the well-beaten path. bb
</div>

And may I add, the area in which the chest is in may also be as large. meaning his "special spot" may not be just an area the chest is in, but an larger area with special meaning.
11-25-2013, 10:32 PM,

<b>Quote from Butch on November 25, 2013, 9:12 pm</b>

I believe he used the "10,000 year" comment to allude to the inherent difficulty in finding the TC. In this vein, the location should be remote enough that it would not be roadside, near campgrounds, or along the well-beaten path. bb
</div>

Or found by a lucky DOT worker trimming shrubs a couple feet off the roadside. You gotta walk a couple miles to get there. And I think one major prerequisite is a lack of cel phone reception.
---
100 FURLONG CLUB
11-25-2013, 10:41 PM,

<b>Quote from Butch on November 25, 2013, 9:28 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on November 25, 2013, 8:47 pm</b>

...that is one of the reasons I have sent him my interpretation of what I perceive to be hints in his writings and his quotes.
</div>

Not to single you out Postmaster, but this brings up a good point. I certainly understand the desire to bounce ideas off an independent party (i.e., a non-searcher), but is that healthy? I mean, does Forrest have exclusive use of his email account? If so, the point is moot. If not, any number of people (who Forrest trusts, of course) can have access to a vast array of solution material. No cynicism, just skepticism. bb</div>
</div>

I occasionally send him details of my "solution". I rather imagine that there are hackers monitoring his account. I can't think of any reason that there wouldn't be except that if they were smart enough to figure out how to do that they might be smart enough to understand the fruitlessness of it. It doesn't worry me. If there are monitors what do they get for their labors? They get to read a vast array of psychotic gibberish. He does often say interesting things. I asked him "How many roads must a man walk down?" and he replied "Just one, John." I thought it was great.
11-25-2013, 10:50 PM,

<b>Quote from admin on November 25, 2013, 8:56 pm</b>

It would be interesting to know what he thinks of the path it's taken compared to what he thought this would have been like.

I agree RP about the mental challenge.

</div>

I couldn't guess his thought about the path the chase has take to THIS point, But I believe when first started, he may have been thinking down the road more. He wanted folks to feel the same thrill of discovery and find answers to question and try to influence future generation to it. That's just a gut feeling.