Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Mr. Fenn wants the chest to be found in the near future
11-26-2013, 08:47 AM,
@Butch and @John Brown - I do consider that Forrest may not be the only one "seeing" my e-mail information. So much can be said for the sanctity of the old snail mail for this retired Postmaster.

11-26-2013, 09:15 AM,
Once the chest is found the party is over. No more interviews, no more searchers, no more groupies, no more lime light.
11-26-2013, 11:59 AM,

Perhaps, JP. But based upon his words in his last presentation in Taos, I sincerely believe that he wants to experience the TC being found, and all that it entails for him and the finder. He's created the potential for that experience.

And who knows, maybe he will offer to buy the chest back from the finder, and write another poem and re-hide the chest. Because after all, he who dies with over fifty dollars is a failure.

Halogetter
11-27-2013, 06:09 AM,
He's said that this is it in a few of the interviews. So I don't believe he has any plans to do another Chase. I don't think he'd want to buy it back from the finder either. If I found it, I would love it and not want to trade it for cash. I mean I think I'd barter some or cash out some to do some fun things...but I'd really like to try and keep as much of it together.
11-27-2013, 09:10 AM,

If Forrest does want another hunt, I'm sure we can give him some great places where the poem fits.

I wouldn't want to sell or trade it either.
11-27-2013, 10:34 AM,
LOL Right Boomergirl ;-)
11-28-2013, 01:05 AM,
I think Mr. Fenn wanting to influence the future and leaving his autobiography in the chest, protected by a glass jar are indications he doesn't want the chest found until long after he's passed.

I think he'd be a little disappointed if found any time soon.

jdh
11-28-2013, 02:23 PM,
JDH I would have to disagree cause if he did not want it found yet he wouldnt keep giving clues out

11-28-2013, 04:49 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from will197532 on November 28, 2013, 2:23 pm</b>

JDH I would have to disagree cause if he did not want it found yet he wouldnt keep giving clues out
</div>

I'm not sure Mr. Fenn's "where not to look" clues are going to help anyone find his chest.

I think his appearances and interviews in which people may see new clues, are intended to keep the buzz alive in the treasure hunt community and I think he's trying not to put out anything significant as a new clue. Even the "unintentional clue" in his new book, being what I believe is the map cutting off Canada as a search location, is not being admitted by him, as the "unintentional clue". He just wants to keep the mystery of the clue going. Why would he say there's an unintentional clue, except to generate more interest? But not interest that will find it, just interest to participate, and dare I say, buy the book.

I think he is walking a thin line between needing to keep the high interest going for the sake of the fund to pay for a child's cancer treatment, the demand for his time with his own enjoyment the celebrity status gives him and the other side is to keep his original intent going... that it won't be found until he's long gone. He accomplishes both with each email he answers, each "scrapbook" page on a blog and each sandwich he eats (or so it seems to some people).

Personally, I don't see anything that tells me he wants it found soon. I think it's just a matter of people wanting to think he wants the hunt over soon, and that tells them it is more possible to find it. If they think it's intended to be found 100 or 1000 years from now, perhaps people will think it's too difficult and not try. That's the last thing he wants.

Lots of people thought the Today Show clues would end with the chest found after 8 or 9 additional clues. But they ended after a few clues and no chest. You can draw your own conclusion.

I think it's because no truly helpful clues were coming... because he doesn't want it found anytime soon.

jdh
11-28-2013, 05:02 PM,
But I already bought my plane ticket and plan on picking up the chest in June Smile