Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Mr. Fenn wants the chest to be found in the near future
02-24-2014, 11:49 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from will197532 on November 28, 2013, 5:02 pm</b>

But I already bought my plane ticket and plan on picking up the chest in June Smile
</div>

If it's your first trip then no worries... And congratulations. Also i agreed jdh. It's built to last.
02-25-2014, 12:24 AM,
I believe he wants it over with. Why give out any extra clues or even have an email account if he really didnt care? Im sure his family would want it over with too.lol

Halo, in my thoughts he may want to buy it back so he can donate it to the Smithsonian. That way he gets the tax deduction. Smile

I really dont think its about fame at all, and am suprised that others do think that. You know even if the chase were over tomorrow, I would still like to talk to Forrest. He is so interesting and funny. Smile

JDH, if you dont think the clues are helpful you havent found the right area. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
03-14-2014, 07:36 AM,
To me, it is very clear that he wants the chest found before he passes this mortal plane. In the newer book, he wrote that the human body ages very quickly after it arrives at the 80 year old date. TFTW seems to expand upon TTOTC exponentially and with his statements since its publication he apparently believes the treasure will be found soon. I concur with him.
03-14-2014, 07:10 PM,
He's running out of spy-satellite timeshare; he can't afford another couple of years watching 'over' it. Smile

---
100 FURLONG CLUB
03-15-2014, 07:16 AM,
I'm with Dan and Old Timer on this one. I think he wants it found soon. Everyone wants to hear what is said at their eulogy.

I think he wants it found soon so he can be buried with his bracelet, or hand it down. If not buried, placed in his crypt where the chest was or nearby, like the Indians on the burial scaffold, to become part of nature again. The bracelet to fall down in the crevices and be covered over by wind and dirt and leaves, and found again 100's or 1,000's of years from now, along with a few of his scattered bones.

As much as all of us wish to be in control of our final destiny, we are not. Everyone thinks they have more time than they actually do. He probably sits around now thinking, well, I have enough time to get this done today and am feeling okay. Maybe I'll have time to release another really juicy clue next week and see it found after all. If it took 15 years for the poem, it may take a few years for the next best clue to be crafted.......my latest discovery......there is a huge clue in Quest !.....see ya at FF's party......... afterwards......See, that's what I have planned...a big party for FF and using part of the treasure to throw the biggest shindig Santa Fe ever saw.

No, you are not invited Seeker, unless you 'put' the numbers down ....and step 'away' from the poem......heh heh heh...
03-15-2014, 11:15 AM,
I think if Mr. Fenn wanted the bracelet back as much as people think, he would have gone back and retrieved it a long time ago. He could have retrieved it easily before this hunt became so well known. I think he's using it as a way to determine if the chest has been found.

As for the 15 years to write the poem... I don't think it took 15 years to write it. I think he wrote it over a period of 15 years because he knew he was going to write a book and was making notes of what he could include in his stories that would be interpreted as connections to his treasure hunt. He kept tweaking his poem until it met all possibilities, but when followed precisely... well you know the rest. That's why TTOTC practically wrote itself. It was already written in his mind.

Ripsaw, you're following a typical pattern of new searchers.. complete with "I know where it's at" and what you'll do with the money. I hate to tell you this but the next step is coming home empty handed. But hey... you're in for a wonderful journey that you'll love to share with us. I look forward to it!

jdh

03-15-2014, 01:18 PM,
When and where have I ever said I know where it's at ? What makes you think I am a new searcher ?
03-15-2014, 02:02 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Ripsaw on March 15, 2014, 2:18 pm</b>

When and where have I ever said I know where it's at ? What makes you think I am a new searcher ?
</div>

Ripsaw,

my latest discovery......there is a huge clue in Quest !.....see ya at FF's party.

Perhaps I read too much into the above comment, but it looks to me that you implied it. Wasn't that your intent? I probably shouldn't have used quotes to stress my point. I did not intend to imply that you said it. If that's how you took it... that I was quoting you, you have my apology.

As for your other question, I only know you from your posts. If I think something of you, it is from your posts.

03-15-2014, 02:37 PM,
It has been "found" Just not possessed yet. But very, very soon...
03-15-2014, 03:00 PM,
There is no way you can say it's been found ciunisde. I'm not saying you don't have the correct solve, but there is no way for you to know that unless you have it in your hands. Let's say you are right though....why would you say something like that, that would obviously upset searchers?