Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Mr. Fenn wants the chest to be found in the near future
03-16-2014, 04:19 PM,
NTMI & Everyone - I have an issue. It's the huge quantity of repetitious posting. The issue for me is that when you reprint the entire post from the person you are attempting to answer, it duplicates the entire message AGAIN. Then the person who replies to your post once AGAIN duplicates it. Please, wouldn't it be okay to just begin with the name & subject without repeating so much unnecessary stu-ff? The quantity of duplicates is mind-boggling to me. How else can we keep previous posts from becoming lost & unseen by the intended recipient?
03-16-2014, 04:46 PM,
Retired Postmaster - I noticed that you didn't post a response on FF's Scrapbook entry. Me neither. I cannot imagine him, or anyone, voluntarily sitting around smelling & tasting spices. Even the title is odd to me - Sweet Fragrances. Good thing he didn't ask me. I probably would have told him to "get a life" or "just sit back, put your feet up, & watch The Beverly Hillbillies". Guess that could be why he didn't ask me, huh? What did you say back to him about his story?
03-17-2014, 03:39 AM,
@NTMI, you hunters are a vigilant bunch. I remember almost getting shot because smacked my brother's tent one morning and called out "time to get up". Lol. But there were plenty of hungry bears around that year!
03-17-2014, 05:00 AM,
I wouldn't sell myself short if I were you NTMI. If you have been in the wood with your brother and know what I say to be true, about how the Elk behaved, then you are indeed brave and in the wood, and he clearly states if you are, he gives you title to the gold.
03-17-2014, 11:29 PM,
I think he would want it found, sorta like wrapping up a expensive birthday present and how could you die before seeing the recipient open it to find out how special they are and how he would be. I think he will give us more clues as that time becomes closer for him and so I am prepping for the mad mad fenn world as we speak. He may not but I think it may come down to it so I am gearing up to go at a moments notice. If that does happen and it is a possibility watch out for the dark horse to arrive first. Also if his cognitive abilities slip just like it will be for all of us someday, he may slip and give it away by mistake. just a reality to think about and I wish it may not be but what if that did happen what are you going to do then?

03-18-2014, 08:34 AM,
My thought is he has no attachment to when it is found but a strong interest in what happens to the land management rules once it is found.
03-18-2014, 07:06 PM,
He wants someone to bring it to him, then offer them a million dollar check to put it back, sans the bracelet. I think I'd take him up on the offer, but then we'd have to believe that two people can keep a secret...and we all know how that turns out. 8O
---
100 FURLONG CLUB
03-18-2014, 09:34 PM,
I think he wants it all back. He may offer the finder cash for the treasure, remember he said he could take it with him? In my thoughts on that line, then he could donate it to the Smithsonian. That way he gets remembered for it all, gets the tax deduction for the donation and knows his treasure will be protected forever. Now doesnt that sound like, he" thought of it all" ? Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
03-18-2014, 09:41 PM,
One thing to remember is no one knows what message he gave for the finder in his autobiography.
03-21-2014, 12:52 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from deb on March 18, 2014, 10:34 pm</b>

I think he wants it all back. He may offer the finder cash for the treasure, remember he said he could take it with him? In my thoughts on that line, then he could donate it to the Smithsonian. That way he gets remembered for it all, gets the tax deduction for the donation and knows his treasure will be protected forever. Now doesnt that sound like, he" thought of it all" ? Smile
</div>

"It belongs in a museum." Dr. Jones Smile

I like that. I would rather have the cash, but I'd also want all the searchers to get a chance to hold the treasure in their hands at least once before it's locked away behind a glass case.