Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The home of Brown
06-17-2013, 01:49 PM,
The home of Brown
Tomwhat,

I believe the OP has his name backwards...lol. The way he analyzes this treasure hunt makes me think he is one of those KGC treasure hunters.

Maybe we can get him to explain the four cards and a joker to us.
06-17-2013, 01:53 PM,
The home of Brown
Well, I'm putting my 2 cents in regarding drawings.... FF can ask to have the sketch done a specific way as stated by PTN, but he could add to them afterward, and in the beginning or the end of the book it states unless noted (or signed) by someone else, all the drawings are by Mr. Polt. Now that I have said that, If someone makes another claim that is against what I know to be true, I am no longer clarifying, you're all on your own - this is stemming from the reporters errors in the (It's buried, it's hidden, it's burried, it's hidden ) controversy which has led people to dig in the ground, and unless it's "Dr. Pepper" size (explanation in an interview with FF ), then you have no right digging. If caught, bear the consequences, and move on!
06-17-2013, 02:00 PM,
The home of Brown
New Mexico is the land of Enchantment.
06-17-2013, 03:33 PM,
The home of Brown
Here's a different way of thinking for solving the poem. Put your self in Forrest's place, before he hides the chest, he probably already has the spot decided upon. It's probably a spot he thought of earlier in his life, thinking to himself, "This would be a cool place to stash something important someday". He did mention that the spot was special and private for him, so he obviously was already familiar with this "hidey hole". So he thought, "I'm going to hide it in this exact spot, so I need to make up clues by working backwards to draw searchers back to this place". So he looks backwards and invents poetic names and descriptions of features, getting more general as he works backwards (or to the beggining of the poem). He thinks, "Well, that could be a landmark, what should I call it? Something clever, Uh, I'll call it home of Brown". Now he needs a more general location for the start, so he looks around and sees something, thinks about it, and calls it, "where warm waters halt".

In other words, he picked his spot first, then wrote the poem backwards to get you back to that spot. So, this is how I believe one needs solve the poem, start at the end or in the middle, find spots that match that scenario, then see if you can make it match the beginning of the poem. I think there are much less places that match "no place for the meek", "no paddle", "water high", "If you've been wise" etc, than there are WWWH and home of Brown. Finding the first clues is more of a crapshoot than finding the middle clues. I think he did this on purpose, but I also think it still involves a lot of luck. Just my thoughts. Boo
06-17-2013, 04:12 PM,
The home of Brown
Good thoughts Boo
06-18-2013, 10:05 AM,
The home of Brown
Boo I like the approach, just wish I could work backwards from the treasure already! I've thought about it the same way. I think this is where reading the rest of the book comes into play. It will help decipher the meaning of the poetic names he's developed for features or stops along the way. What else do we have for a reference? I think these "place names" only exist in the poem and they are not on any map, at least not known by the names he has used.
06-18-2013, 10:27 AM,
The home of Brown
Boo,

Very observant! That is exactly what Forrest did when he derived the poem. The technique you describe to find to solve the poem is precisely what I used to give my solution and it works very well. However WWWH can be relatively easy to find but conceptually it is difficult, not to mention vague, so you can be easily misguided. If you can find WWWH as well, you can work it from both ends and meet in the middle since HOB is the most difficult to find. For me HOB was the last to solve for my final solution.

The Wolf
06-18-2013, 11:12 AM,
The home of Brown
Clinger,

Perhaps some field work is required to discover the other clues? N'est-ce pas?

The Wolf
06-18-2013, 11:33 AM,
The home of Brown
@Boo & Clinger,

That's some very good thinking on both of your parts. It's a nice kind of "take a step back and look at it" kind of approach. It opens up avenues that may otherwise be missed.

I do have one thing that's been a big thorn in my side....The Continental Divide = WWWH. I don't get it. I've never heard the CD being anything more than where the courses of rivers flow in different directions. On one side towards the Pacific, the other, toward the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic. I've never read anything about it having to do with water temperature except from people on blogs.

I've heard "the warm, moist pacific air halts...". Yeah, it stops because of the Rocky Mountains being too high to get past, not the CD.

I'm all ears if anyone can provide a link to a legit site with regard to water temps (blogs don't count). If you can find something, that might put the CD back in play with my poem solving and be a help. Until then, I don't see it.
06-18-2013, 01:47 PM,
The home of Brown
peacemaker

wwwh = cd is just a maybe but look up the term orographic lifting and you might want to just keep that theory in your toolbox, never know when it might come in handy but who knows but to me it is the most logical theory

Also the Rocky Mountains where the western part or end of the Western Interior Seaway in essence in that way they halted that warm water as well but way back when

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  home of brown and the starting point Chris Yates 12 1,690 11-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: p-hunter1@hotmail.com
  Home of Brown may never be found.. djjmciv 97 34,337 10-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dude here
  below the home of Brown Mal 7 1,001 10-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  IMHO...this is my home of Brown.... Gordon Lightfoot 4 1,255 10-08-2017, 01:26 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Brown Trout / Home of Brown Windy City 33 10,872 10-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Home/House of Brown jfkelly16 1 700 10-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Last Post: OjoDude