Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The home of Brown
06-19-2013, 10:08 AM,
The home of Brown
At one point I considered the "Arctic Circle" as where warm waters halt from the same defition that clinger quoted. Since this was in Alaska, I started scouring the landscape and discovered a "Your Creek". I am not going to Alaska and I really don't think the treasure is there, but I thought it was pretty neat.
06-19-2013, 10:17 AM,
The home of Brown
So when someone states that wwwh could be the cd why does everyone assume that person is stating it for a fact? It is just a possibility and if you say hot springs is where wwwh is and then you search for the chest there and don't find it maybe and just maybe the next solution could be the cd as where wwwh is.

It is just something to think about and if you start dismissing these things you can narrow you choices down to places it never was to begin with like hot springs. So just keep it in mind and maybe the next solution may use cd as wwwh and then with the rest of the solution you can go with 100 percent confidence, maybe.

Since there is only one CD and many hotsprings or other wwwh's it just is a more simple solution but may or not be. Even if you start at the blaze and work backwards some solutions could be wwwh is the CD.

It is a fact that mountains cause orographic lifting and make it rain more, however did forrest use this as wwwh, who knows but he could have maybe. If so now what canyon?
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM,
The home of Brown
Hey Tim weren't you giving me advise on using to many man made objects? Well it is my turn to return the favour ... it is time to drop the continental divide and cloud theory. Even if we were to accept it - it goes no where, it is be a non-clue because anything could be linked to it, thus it is meaningless.

You can thank me later - LOL

The Wolf
06-19-2013, 07:49 PM,
The home of Brown
I like clinger's explanation of WWWH = CD, due to Atlantic/Pacific ending there. Never thought of it that way.

Also, CD fits well with the various comments Mr. Fenn has made, or quotes/poems from the book, which I am too lazy to cite, so please forgive me, but the gist of which are "you end up where you started." I could very easily see the CD being both the start and the end: Start at CD. Take canyon down. Then down a river (put in). Up a creek (no paddle). To waters high (with heavy loads).

Followed that way, I think at the very least it's possible to substantially reduce the amount of acreage you'd have to cover from the total acreage of the Rockies Wink

06-19-2013, 08:01 PM,
The home of Brown
Ok. I give up! I guess I am just going to have to come out of retirement and prove this crazy continental divide theory wrong. Mark this moment in time as the tipping point where everything changed!!!!! You have all been warned! LOL

The Wolf
06-19-2013, 08:09 PM,
The home of Brown

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jen on June 19, 2013, 7:59 am</b>

Did f say to think big for the HOB? I have heard that comment thrown around but I am not sure....
</div>

Hi Jen! I remember hearing that as well back on Dal's blog. I thought it was in response to an e-mail from a searcher, so I went through all of the ones there and nada, zippo. I definitely remember it though. It must have been one of the bloggers who posted what Forrest said to him/her but I don't remember who it was. If that's the case, might be hard to take it as fact. I'll spend a little time searching Dal's old 9 Clues sections and see if I find anything.

It reminds me of the 85% thing. I've heard it repeated a million times as Forrest saying only 85% has to be the truth, when what he says in the book (pg. 14) is "non-fiction writers only have to be right but eighty-five percent of the time". Big difference between being right or wrong as opposed to telling the truth and lying, yet it circulates.

Peacemaker
06-19-2013, 08:34 PM,
The home of Brown
The solution to the sentence - clue "Put in below the home of Brown" seems hyper-obvious to me. I think it means exactly what it says--- and why the word is "home" not "house," and why it's "Brown" not "brown." The sentence in front of it explains what is meant. People applying massive amounts of mental effort on the sentence "Put in below the home of Brown" are perhaps "over-thinking" what it means.

Perhaps I will have free time from my employer in August to go and look. :-)
06-19-2013, 08:49 PM,
The home of Brown
@peace He does say he doesn't mislead on Dals blog under the most recent Forrest emails link.

@Desertphile Forrest has said don't over think it...so I'm thinking your probably right and that's why people have been so close. It's probably going to turn out somewhere down the Rio where we've all been and wehere he's made many many trips I'm sure going up there and back to SF since he owned the Gaspard mansion up there, and was very close to the Fechin family and was an adviser at the museum there from what they told us.
06-20-2013, 06:25 AM,
The home of Brown
Jen, Peacemaker

To answer your question about thinking big, this is Forrest's comment about that question in an email.

The internet abounds with a supposed statement from you, saying to “think big”, particularly about the home of Brown. Did you ever say that? Is that a “fact” that I can add to my page?Kindest regards from a rainy UK!

Stanley

Stanley,

I don’t remember saying that related to the treasure and can’t imagine why I would. f
</div>

The home of Brown is simple, fitting but the second most difficult to solve (last for me).

The Wolf

06-20-2013, 06:59 AM,
The home of Brown

<b>Quote from The Wolf on June 20, 2013, 7:25 am</b>

Jen, Peacemaker

To answer your question about thinking big, this is Forrest's comment about that question in an email.

<div class="bbcode_quote">
The internet abounds with a supposed statement from you, saying to “think big”, particularly about the home of Brown. Did you ever say that? Is that a “fact” that I can add to my page?Kindest regards from a rainy UK!

Stanley

Stanley,

I don’t remember saying that related to the treasure and can’t imagine why I would. f
</div>

The home of Brown is simple, fitting but the second most difficult to solve (last for me).

The Wolf</div>
</div>

LOL! Thanks Wolf! After about an hour combing through the old 9 Clues section on Dal's site last night (Parts 15 thru 24) BAM! There it was this morning on a new post on his blog. If only I'd waited until this morning! LOL All I found last night were several people repeating it, beginning around the middle of May, but with absolutely zero to back it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  home of brown and the starting point Chris Yates 12 1,740 11-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: p-hunter1@hotmail.com
  Home of Brown may never be found.. djjmciv 97 34,774 10-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dude here
  below the home of Brown Mal 7 1,033 10-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  IMHO...this is my home of Brown.... Gordon Lightfoot 4 1,285 10-08-2017, 01:26 AM
Last Post: The Count
  Brown Trout / Home of Brown Windy City 33 10,972 10-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Home/House of Brown jfkelly16 1 703 10-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Last Post: OjoDude