Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far indeed. Take the long way home.
12-22-2016, 12:05 PM,
How far indeed. Take the long way home.
Just ruminating…

Let’s suppose for a second that the words “too far to walk” implies nothing more than the need to find a different route to the chest, as opposed to needing a conveyance of some sort other than ones feet. This does not imply that the route you have already plotted utilizing both the poem and landmarks are wrong, it simply means now that you know where it is and now need to find out how to get there on your own. Also ask yourself if this secondary route would be easier for an 80 year old as well.

OR….....lets suppose for a second that the poem actually continues from the start of your secondary route where you put in below the home of brown. You have actually not “messed” with his poem in either circumstance. In the first instance you simply need to find a different way in to where you know the chest lies. On the second instance you have simply been rerouted by the poem, possibly towards an endpoint where a long and treacherous walk would of ended, hence, in effect bringing us near to the original route again for the first time.

Food for thought as I try to think out of the box.
Comments good and bad more than welcomed
Liv42dy
01-01-2017, 03:36 PM,
RE: How far indeed. Take the long way home.
So why is it line and explains this.
01-04-2017, 11:49 AM,
(12-22-2016, 12:05 PM)liv42dy Wrote: Let’s suppose for a second that the words “too far to walk” implies nothing more than the need to find a different route to the chest, as opposed to needing a conveyance of some sort other than ones feet. This does not imply that the route you have already plotted utilizing both the poem and landmarks are wrong, it simply means now that you know where it is and now need to find out how to get there on your own. Also ask yourself if this secondary route would be easier for an 80 year old as well.

One of my current solves does incorporate your first comment. A good example would be the canyon in Looking for Lewis and Clark -- the canyon walls closed in so closely, they had to take another route.
01-05-2017, 08:21 AM,
Deep Thnkr: Are you drinking again?

Beaver: You abandoned that route just as lewis and clark did? Did you go around?

Liv42dy
01-05-2017, 03:32 PM,
(01-05-2017, 08:21 AM)liv42dy Wrote: Beaver: You abandoned that route just as lewis and clark did? Did you go around?

Hey man, I'm a beaver. We follow the water and hate to walk. I just channeled my inner inner tube. Smile
01-06-2017, 12:09 PM,
(01-06-2017, 12:28 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 08:21 AM)liv42dy Wrote: Deep Thnkr: Are you drinking again?

Liv42dy
Be nice. I just put in an extra word "and". BTW, it was probably the best advice your going to get for the question you asked. So why is it that I must "go and leave".. explains what your so insightfully thinking about. You are figuring out the way the path to the TC is put in the poem. Good job.

Deeep one,

fair enough. And very insightful on your part as i have not considered that ever.

Liv42dy

Mr. Mountain You read it well. Although not asking any questions just looking for insight and brain storming, which you did. I have always believed that thaere are two ways to get to the TC, the hard way (poem), although you must locate it first with the poem...and the easy way....going around.

Liv42dy
01-09-2017, 10:26 AM,
Looking at the path one would take if they walked as far as they could by the poem,..and then looking at the most logical path to actually get to the chest (FROM THAT POINT) seems to support T.S. Eliot quote. IMO one cannot see the beginning from the endpoint, or vise versa, yet i suspect they are in close proximitry to one another, but exactly how far i cannot tell.

Omegas appear to be quite subjective when a person interprets their meaning or purpose in this chase. Having never ever given the omegas any respect, for the moment i will simply say they are coincidental for me.

Liv42dy
01-17-2017, 10:25 AM,
(01-14-2017, 06:56 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Not insightful liv42dy on my part. The reason I KNOW this to be true is because I have solved the poem and found the location. Hindsight upon this read of 2 paths came after the solve.

Its Deep all right,
you are gonna need boots on when you go out for sure. Hindsight is insightful by the way, however late it is, perhaps that is what you were trying to convey. Hard to tell with your wording above. It is my guess that you will not find the chest anytime soon my friend, mostly based on the fact that you are desperately looking for some sort of confirmation on your WWWH.

Good luck
Liv42dy
04-12-2017, 12:58 PM,
(01-09-2017, 10:26 AM)liv42dy Wrote: Omegas appear to be quite subjective when a person interprets their meaning or purpose in this chase. Having never ever given the omegas any respect, for the moment i will simply say they are coincidental for me.

Have wondered about their significance as well. They're there at end of the books - and Omega is the end of the Greek alphabet, so that might just be that. The End.

Or not.
05-05-2017, 05:24 PM,
I agree with 2 ways to reach the treasure. The first stanza describes the "new" way Forest took and the rest of the poem describes the "old" way we must take to locate the blaze (which I feel is a boots on the ground discovery)

New- Jump into the car drive to the area where warm water halts and park the car at the end of the correct canyon (valley) and walk to the blaze a couple times an afternoon.

Old- Go to where warm water halts, pick the correct canyon (you know the one that is below the home of brown)... and so on...

I feel if you look at this through the eyes that the clues will take us the same way Forest went to drop off the loot we will limit our search area(s).