Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exact spot vs general area
01-02-2017, 09:11 AM,
Exact spot vs general area
I have been talking to a number of searchers that have gotten their solve to a general area, within let's say a few hundred feet. Now it is several BOTG and discovering every hidey hole in the area.... Hmmmm.

I could take that as a plan as well but I believe there is something more exact within the poem.

So, if we are to move wth confidence, as ff says, how is a precise spot derived ? How exact does your solve take you (to a general area or to within a few feet, or to an exact spot 1x1)?

Kpro
01-02-2017, 10:21 AM,
RE: Exact spot vs general area
(01-02-2017, 09:11 AM)Kpro Wrote: So, if we are to move wth confidence, as ff says, how is a precise spot derived ? How exact does your solve take you (to a general area or to within a few feet, or to an exact spot 1x1)?

When I had an anagram solution, it was able to zero in on a 1X1 spot (although I assumed I might have to look around once I put BOTG). It was not successful, but it was possible to zero in on one item in an area before I left home.

When I had my "thumb" solution, I felt I had a blaze I could see on Google (not Google Earth per se) that I just needed to put BOTG to "look quickly down". Also not successful, but indicative if your solve gives you a blaze before you leave home.

I also think there could be directions and distances hidden in the poem, that could help you mark off the way to the spot from a given place in the poem that is a bigger structure or geographic point. Such as go 200 feet east from Horsehoe Bend, for example. You would mark a tangent on the apex of the bend that leads you directly east.
01-02-2017, 12:03 PM,
@Kpro and Beavertooth

According to the poem, everything is pointed to that 10" by 10" spot. I know that I say 10 acres at times, but in all reality, Fenn puts his X right on top of the chest. As far as my solve goes.

So, when I go back to my area in the Summer, I will head to that spot dead on.
01-02-2017, 12:18 PM,
(01-02-2017, 12:03 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: @Kpro and Beavertooth

According to the poem, everything is pointed to that 10" by 10" spot. I know that I say 10 acres at times, but in all reality, Fenn puts his X right on top of the chest. As far as my solve goes.

So, when I go back to my area in the Summer, I will head to that spot dead on.
tic tac toe !! An x??
01-02-2017, 12:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 12:37 PM by Beavertooth.)
Another way to get a specific spot: "your quest to cease" might have something to do with "two seas". There is a continental divide marker where the two seas, or two ocean, demarcation is in Yellowstone, where "west is east" ("wise") where a pond/lake drains to both oceans, but drains "backwards" -- that is, the water draining to the west winds up in the Gulf of Mexico, and the water draining to the east winds up in the Pacific Ocean. It has been a messy place to search the past three years due to reconstruction of a bridge there. I just missed a severe run-in with a ranger one dark night there among the construction equipment and supplies. Smile

Many other searchers have zeroed in on highway mileage markers, altitude markers, national park markers and/or borders intersecting with state borders, national land survey markers that are denoted by concrete and bronze plaques in the middle of the wilderness, etc.

I have also used a specific rock that has a name in a search. Here again, the solve may not be the rock or marker per se, but a measured distance from the rock in a particular direction.

Also, some have been interested in the giant concrete arrows that were used to guide airplanes back in the 1920's I believe, that still exist and can be seen on Google earth. In addition to the arrows, Montana had a series of fire/lighthouse-type towers that were used to guide airplanes at night (mail carrier airplanes). Since Forrest was a pilot, these may have had more interest or nostalgia for him.
01-02-2017, 12:44 PM,
So, in theory, if we "put in" below the home of Brown, I should have an exact distance to my next "waypoint" in the poem.
Point A to B.
Rockin and Rollin with a smile on our face.
So, point B is useless without point A. Just as clue 9 is useless without 8, 7, 6...etc.
You have to know where to start. Clue one.
Now that that has been established, let me get out my points and the ol black n red kaleidoscope...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
01-02-2017, 02:08 PM,
Who farted?

01-02-2017, 05:49 PM,
Must've been me. Oopsy...excuse me. ;-)

01-02-2017, 06:32 PM,
In my solve, each clue "points the way" to the next. And when you get to where the chest is located, there will be something you have to physically do before you can retrieve the treasure, and once you have done that thing, you will know the precise spot.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-02-2017, 07:06 PM,
There are no specific durable landmarks that are small enough to point the
way to a tiny area for final searching. The search area has trees, hills, a creek, and rocks of various sizes. So expect to do a good amount of very careful searching, especially since the TC has had 6 or 7 years to get
covered -- or otherwise hidden from view -- by pine needles, dirt, branches, and other natural things.

With some luck, this accumulation will be very small. Plan to spend at
least 2 hours of detailed searching in the correct area, which is only
narrowed down by the poem to about an acre or so, unfortunately.

In my opinion, anybody who thinks their solve points to a much smaller area
for final searching either has a wrong solve, or is either trying to fool someone, or else is fooling themself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Direct or general? Kpro 17 1,678 08-19-2016, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback
  General opinion - More or less liv42dy 24 4,860 04-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  The General Mindy 13 1,717 04-02-2016, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Milan
  general discussion mdc777 25 5,174 09-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Ritt Jordan
  24 lines of mind-boggling ambiguity, obscurity, and general vagueness Buddy Allen 29 1,123 07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Guest
  The Exact Physical Location of the hoB........ Project Why 25 851 06-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Project Why