Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exact spot vs general area
01-02-2017, 07:37 PM,
RE: Exact spot vs general area
Andrew I'd like you to expand on your idea that if ones solve takes them to an area too small it must be incorrect please. I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just that I'm at that part of the correct solve and now dealing with the conundrum of botg or not.
I have no doubt, what so ever, that I'm in the right area. We have at least 4 confirmed points all in one small area using the same method. This method is indisputable, sorry can't expand on it.

Why do you believe botg are necessary? Also I replied to your question in the other thread about elevation and am awaiting your reply.
01-02-2017, 07:41 PM,
(01-02-2017, 12:33 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: Another way to get a specific spot: "your quest to cease" might have something to do with "two seas". There is a continental divide marker where the two seas, or two ocean, demarcation is in Yellowstone, where "west is east" ("wise") where a pond/lake drains to both oceans, but drains "backwards" -- that is, the water draining to the west winds up in the Gulf of Mexico, and the water draining to the east winds up in the Pacific Ocean. It has been a messy place to search the past three years due to reconstruction of a bridge there. I just missed a severe run-in with a ranger one dark night there among the construction equipment and supplies. Smile

Many other searchers have zeroed in on highway mileage markers, altitude markers, national park markers and/or borders intersecting with state borders, national land survey markers that are denoted by concrete and bronze plaques in the middle of the wilderness, etc.

I have also used a specific rock that has a name in a search. Here again, the solve may not be the rock or marker per se, but a measured distance from the rock in a particular direction.

Also, some have been interested in the giant concrete arrows that were used to guide airplanes back in the 1920's I believe, that still exist and can be seen on Google earth. In addition to the arrows, Montana had a series of fire/lighthouse-type towers that were used to guide airplanes at night (mail carrier airplanes). Since Forrest was a pilot, these may have had more interest or nostalgia for him.

For me, "quest to cease" is like one of those problems they put on intelligence tests. Or in 4th grade math. Lol.

QUEST and CEASE both have 5 letters. So, to turn QUEST into CEASE, you count the numbers between Q and C, then again for U to E, and so on.

From those numbers, I was actually able to get a coordinate, which lands right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Oh well. Lol...
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-02-2017, 07:50 PM,
Ben Franklin invented a puzzle where you go from 1 word to another in as few steps as possible while using real words and only changing 1 letter at a time. And the poem does say "If you've been wise(Ben Franklin)"
quest
quese
cuese
cuase
cease
These of course aren't all real words and doesn't lead anywhere.
01-02-2017, 08:00 PM,
Deep, I thought Yoda (cc yoda) invented that, coined "word walk"..... Lol!

Kpro
01-02-2017, 08:05 PM,
(01-02-2017, 06:32 PM)Mindy Wrote: In my solve, each clue "points the way" to the next. And when you get to where the chest is located, there will be something you have to physically do before you can retrieve the treasure, and once you have done that thing, you will know the precise spot.
yes, one must put the magnifying glass down and READ the poem.
01-02-2017, 08:46 PM,
His secret spot is in the woods in the mountains. How would you describe a clue that points to the location of the chest in the wilderness? It must have something to do with tarry scant with marvel gaze because it's the last clue (line) before he says just take the chest and go in peace. Or is the last clue that line, just take the chest and go inn peace?
01-02-2017, 09:34 PM,
(01-02-2017, 08:05 PM)Skipper Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 06:32 PM)Mindy Wrote: In my solve, each clue "points the way" to the next. And when you get to where the chest is located, there will be something you have to physically do before you can retrieve the treasure, and once you have done that thing, you will know the precise spot.
yes, one must put the magnifying glass down and READ the poem.

Skipper,
That is what one learns when they have read the poem.
Mindy's blogs:

01-02-2017, 10:34 PM,
(01-02-2017, 09:11 AM)Kpro Wrote: I have been talking to a number of searchers that have gotten their solve to a general area, within let's say a few hundred feet. Now it is several BOTG and discovering every hidey hole in the area.... Hmmmm.

I could take that as a plan as well but I believe there is something more exact within the poem.

So, if we are to move wth confidence, as ff says, how is a precise spot derived ? How exact does your solve take you (to a general area or to within a few feet, or to an exact spot 1x1)?

Kpro

Because he also stated in the past that when you arrive at the general spot, you will need to do more work and will need to go home and think about it (from memory, I have no quote to support this statement).

It's my belief that when you follow the poem, you will arrive at an obvious spot but will be faced with solving the rest of the poem based on things you discover there. In other words, you will need to go home and measure/calculate your next precise move based on supporting evidence you can only obtain by being there (within 200 feet).

Milan
01-02-2017, 10:36 PM,
(01-02-2017, 10:34 PM)Milan Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 09:11 AM)Kpro Wrote: I have been talking to a number of searchers that have gotten their solve to a general area, within let's say a few hundred feet. Now it is several BOTG and discovering every hidey hole in the area.... Hmmmm.

I could take that as a plan as well but I believe there is something more exact within the poem.

So, if we are to move wth confidence, as ff says, how is a precise spot derived ? How exact does your solve take you (to a general area or to within a few feet, or to an exact spot 1x1)?

Kpro

Because he also stated in the past that when you arrive at the general spot, you will need to do more work and will need to go home and think about it (from memory, I have no quote to support this statement).

It's my belief that when you follow the poem, you will arrive at an obvious spot but will be faced with solving the rest of the poem based on things you discover there. In other words, you will need to go home and measure/calculate your next precise move based on supporting evidence you can only obtain by being there (within 200 feet).

Milan

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

01-02-2017, 10:42 PM,
Milan, do you think this is found in the poem, additional information (scrapbooks, ww, etc) to hone in?

Kpro

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Direct or general? Kpro 17 1,676 08-19-2016, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback
  General opinion - More or less liv42dy 25 4,850 04-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  The General Mindy 13 1,714 04-02-2016, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Milan
  general discussion mdc777 25 5,168 09-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Ritt Jordan
  24 lines of mind-boggling ambiguity, obscurity, and general vagueness Buddy Allen 29 1,123 07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Guest
  The Exact Physical Location of the hoB........ Project Why 25 851 06-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Project Why