Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exact spot vs general area
01-02-2017, 10:55 PM,
RE: Exact spot vs general area
(01-02-2017, 10:36 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 10:34 PM)Milan Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 09:11 AM)Kpro Wrote: I have been talking to a number of searchers that have gotten their solve to a general area, within let's say a few hundred feet. Now it is several BOTG and discovering every hidey hole in the area.... Hmmmm.

I could take that as a plan as well but I believe there is something more exact within the poem.

So, if we are to move wth confidence, as ff says, how is a precise spot derived ? How exact does your solve take you (to a general area or to within a few feet, or to an exact spot 1x1)?

Kpro

Because he also stated in the past that when you arrive at the general spot, you will need to do more work and will need to go home and think about it (from memory, I have no quote to support this statement).

It's my belief that when you follow the poem, you will arrive at an obvious spot but will be faced with solving the rest of the poem based on things you discover there. In other words, you will need to go home and measure/calculate your next precise move based on supporting evidence you can only obtain by being there (within 200 feet).

Milan

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly to Both....
01-02-2017, 11:09 PM,
(01-02-2017, 10:42 PM)Kpro Wrote: Milan, do you think this is found in the poem, additional information (scrapbooks, ww, etc) to hone in?

Kpro

Yes. I think when you arrive at the general spot (let's call this within 200 feet), that you're only halfway done with the poem.

So, therefore, yes - I believe the remaining portion of the poem has enough information to help you complete the puzzle, but it's very difficult to interpret the poem word meanings and how (exactly) they apply to the evidence you might find at the general spot.

For example, if you make it as far as "if you've been wise", then I believe you need on-site clues/measurements/calculations to help you locate the blaze from there. Once you have the blaze location, you now can proceed to the next step, again based on the rest of the poem's words, the measurements you've already taken, and the research you do at home on Google afterwards. BTW, once you get this far you will finally understand the meaning of "gone alone in there", imo.

Regarding other hints/SBs/etc.: Yes. I believe Fenn gets tired of knowing that searchers are getting really dang close so I think he nudges with extra hints. I think he does this as fairly as possible by posting the same "nudge" to everyone publicly.

Of course, all this is simply my opinion.

Milan
01-02-2017, 11:11 PM,
Milan, I appreciate it. I believe I have the nine but not honed in, I think both the poem and peripherals (SB, WW, etc) are important. Needs time.

Kpro
01-02-2017, 11:54 PM,
As I have looked @ it, and so has other people, the solution is just within reach in that spot.
01-02-2017, 11:58 PM,
(01-02-2017, 11:54 PM)ithinkudo2 Wrote: As I have looked @ it, and so has other people, the solution is just within reach in that spot.

Looked at the poem?

Kpro
01-03-2017, 12:12 AM,
(01-02-2017, 07:37 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Andrew I'd like you to expand on your idea that if ones solve takes them to an area too small it must be incorrect please. I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just that I'm at that part of the correct solve and now dealing with the conundrum of botg or not.
I have no doubt, what so ever, that I'm in the right area. We have at least 4 confirmed points all in one small area using the same method. This method is indisputable, sorry can't expand on it.

Why do you believe botg are necessary? Also I replied to your question in the other thread about elevation and am awaiting your reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

DeeepThnkr, since you have no doubt, and your method is indisputable, I
can't provide any info that you don't already know relating to where the
TC is. Please spend the next several months thoroughly preparing for the
successful retrieval of the treasure.

The size of the blaze is pretty substantial. If the TC is below this, then
a substantial-sized area is indicated. FF didn't indicate that the "exact center of the blaze is directly above or uphill from the treasure chest".

There may be a little bit of pin-pointing available from the part of the
poem that says "tarry scant", though. For example, if the ground does
not have many rocks on it in the place where the TC is, perhaps the TC
is under -- or on -- a slab of rock that might be easy to spot from a few
yards away. Maybe there's a large flat rock the size of a billiard table,
without much else around except vegetation. Time will tell.

The solution to the FIRST CLUE has to be compatible with the solution to the SECOND CLUE, etc. Every solution has to be compatible with all the
other solutions, to make a good "continuous, complete solution to the
poem". If there's ANY weakness in your solve, it falls apart. You should back up to a point before where the weakness occurs.

Good luck in the Rockies. Please stay safe from critters out there.
01-03-2017, 12:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017, 12:38 AM by ithinkudo2.)
@Kpro,

Not trying to riddle you or be vague. Just I have been to the spot and now can answer questions, that I did not understand @ the time, that shows that everything Forrest has said makes sense. Now, I have not left for the spot again and do not have the treasure in hand. Remember that 1 clue misinterpreted that puts you 1 inch off, may as well be 1000 miles in any direction. There is a lot of misdirection, I didn't see when I first started, many a moon ago. So, I guess anyone is still close as I, until one of us pulls it in. I just agree with Milan and Mindy, that you absolutely can't solve at home behind a desk. I thought the other way for a long time, up until I actually got there. Now I know, what I didn't know then.
01-03-2017, 04:20 AM,
(01-03-2017, 12:37 AM)ithinkudo2 Wrote: @Kpro,

Not trying to riddle you or be vague. Just I have been to the spot and now can answer questions, that I did not understand @ the time, that shows that everything Forrest has said makes sense. Now, I have not left for the spot again and do not have the treasure in hand. Remember that 1 clue misinterpreted that puts you 1 inch off, may as well be 1000 miles in any direction. There is a lot of misdirection, I didn't see when I first started, many a moon ago. So, I guess anyone is still close as I, until one of us pulls it in. I just agree with Milan and Mindy, that you absolutely can't solve at home behind a desk. I thought the other way for a long time, up until I actually got there. Now I know, what I didn't know then.

Oh, I think you can solve it from home behind a desk. But without a thorough knowledge of the area and a "good plan", you won't be able to retrieve it on your first trip there. Smile
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-03-2017, 06:12 PM,
@ithink - thanks for the response.

@butch - I like the description of a eureka moment. Are you expecting to solve the last part and get an exact spot before you head out again?

Kpro
01-03-2017, 06:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 05:11 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
(01-02-2017, 07:06 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: There are no specific durable landmarks that are small enough to point the
way to a tiny area for final searching.
Hold up on that, just found out thats not true -Deeep

(01-02-2017, 11:09 PM)Milan Wrote: [quote='Kpro' pid='143084' dateline='1483414935']
Milan, do you think this is found in the poem, additional information (scrapbooks, ww, etc) to hone in?

Kpro

Yes. I think when you arrive at the general spot (let's call this within 200 feet), that you're only halfway done with the poem.

So, therefore, yes - I believe the remaining portion of the poem has enough information to help you complete the puzzle, but it's very difficult to interpret the poem word meanings and how (exactly) they apply to the evidence you might find at the general spot.

For example, if you make it as far as "if you've been wise", then I believe you need on-site clues/measurements/calculations to help you locate the blaze from there. Once you have the blaze location, you now can proceed to the next step, again based on the rest of the poem's words, the measurements you've already taken, and the research you do at home on Google afterwards. BTW, once you get this far you will finally understand the meaning of "gone alone in there", imo.

Regarding other hints/SBs/etc.: Yes. I believe Fenn gets tired of knowing that searchers are getting really dang close so I think he nudges with extra hints. I think he does this as fairly as possible by posting the same "nudge" to everyone publicly.

Milan

The blaze is the thing that didn't exist when he was a kid.

(01-02-2017, 11:09 PM)Milan Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 10:42 PM)Kpro Wrote: Milan, do you think this is found in the poem, additional information (scrapbooks, ww, etc) to hone in?

Kpro

Milan

. The blaze is the thing that didn't exist when he was a kid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Direct or general? Kpro 17 1,678 08-19-2016, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback
  General opinion - More or less liv42dy 24 4,860 04-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  The General Mindy 13 1,717 04-02-2016, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Milan
  general discussion mdc777 25 5,174 09-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Ritt Jordan
  24 lines of mind-boggling ambiguity, obscurity, and general vagueness Buddy Allen 29 1,123 07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Guest
  The Exact Physical Location of the hoB........ Project Why 25 851 06-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Project Why