Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exact spot vs general area
01-04-2017, 03:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 03:37 PM by pidmt.)
RE: Exact spot vs general area
@ Butch im glad you brought up architecture ,imo fenn was not an architect ,in ttotc page 6 fenn said when his wife had their house built (fenn was about 80 it says at the top of page 6 ) ,now we know she is not an architect either,she had it built and worked close with the designer of the house and im sure fenn did also,she put a skylight above fenns shower and he said it was a design deficiency so unless fenn became a architect after age 80 ,which is doubtful,he is not one, i know in an interview he said the poem was written by an architect,,but ,imo he was speaking figuratively ,just like if i said laws are written by men ,that dont make me the law maker,so was he inspired from a source to write the poem,im not asking you to agree with me, but maybe the architect quote does have another meaning, in tftw fenn said skippy could have built the dude motel all by himself, could it be possible that his brother or father inspired him in some way to to hide the chest and write a poem of course it could ,im just trying to throw new ideas out there ,ponder that for a bit,its always been on the back of my mind
01-04-2017, 04:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 04:12 PM by Beavertooth.)
(01-04-2017, 02:48 PM)Butch Wrote: Honestly, though, I am wavering with the interpretation of "wood", which I believe is very important.

There is an obscure meaning of wood that may or may not help you. Look up "Wood's glass". If you are in the wood, you might be an ultraviolet ray, which could also relate to marvel gaze.
01-04-2017, 04:38 PM,
(01-04-2017, 04:26 PM)Butch Wrote: @pidmt - Instead of just a single source, I believe he derived inspiration from a variety of sources---mountains, spirituality, poetry, prose, flyfishing, treasure hunting, prospecting, archaeology, old west, southwest, history, psychology, humanities, family, geology---you name it. This was his mark based on the influences of his youth, war years, and now into his winter. It seems to me that an architect doesn't really have to have a degree---just a verifiable design to achieve a given purpose.

Here's one for those searchers who believe that "canyon down" is southerly on a map---often architectural drawings will have a north arrow pointing to the bottom of the page Smile

thanks for your opinion ,good luck,BTW it just so happens my son is an architect,mostly for steel structures inside large buildings that hold the roofs up,and or floors depending on how high there built,
01-04-2017, 06:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 06:17 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
@DeeepThnkr - the reason that the blaze didn't exist when he was a kid is because he constructed it to fit the poem! (IMO) That's the elusive aspect of his architecture. (More help?)
[/quote]
Sorry I've probably said enough but I will tell you this: brave and in the wood is pure brilliance and is the blaze(or final blaze). Has nothing to do with a copse of trees or a forest, etc.
01-04-2017, 07:38 PM,
(01-04-2017, 06:08 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Sorry I've probably said enough but I will tell you this: brave and in the wood is pure brilliance and is the blaze(or final blaze). Has nothing to do with a copse of trees or a forest, etc.

I have to agree with you here, Deeep.
01-04-2017, 07:56 PM,
(01-04-2017, 07:53 PM)mountain digger Wrote: A rhetorical question:

Does an architect begin with a vision of the end?

Great question!
01-04-2017, 11:35 PM,
(01-04-2017, 07:38 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 06:08 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: Sorry I've probably said enough but I will tell you this: brave and in the wood is pure brilliance and is the blaze(or final blaze). Has nothing to do with a copse of trees or a forest, etc.

I have to agree with you here, Deeep.
About saying enough or about the 23rd line? lol
01-05-2017, 12:41 AM,
(01-04-2017, 11:35 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: About saying enough or about the 23rd line? lol

LOL -- about the 23rd line. Smile
01-05-2017, 06:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 06:40 AM by OmeOmy.)
This is a question on which I've wavered from the beginning. I believe F has answered this multiple times, and most recently with his last WW at Jenny's MW site: "*If you wear a smile to the right spot you will wear a grin going home. F"
( http://mysteriouswritings.com/weekly-wor...30th-2016/ )

IMO, the bigger question is, "What is Forrest's definition of 'spot'?

I believe the poem, in conjunction with a "couple of good hints" and a "couple of aberrations that live out on the edge" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXupxL4ovmY @ ~35:00) from TTOTC, will lead to a spot, and this spot, IMO, includes the immediate area within ~20'. I believe I can only guess as I attempt to solve the poem, but if using only the poem, I believe there's more guessing involved. Of course, if using TTOTC to help determine the spot/area, the potential for rabbit holes is greatly increased. I happen to use both methods, but my litmus test is poem-only, fwiw.

Last thought: If you believe the poem leads to one-square-foot or one-square-meter/yard, you must, IMO, allow for variation between the tools used: map, GE, GPS, compass, etc., and allow for frequent changes in GPS accuracy when BOTG.

Just my two cents, and probably worth less Smile .
OO
01-05-2017, 07:16 AM,
(01-05-2017, 06:38 AM)OmeOmy Wrote: This is a question on which I've wavered from the beginning. I believe F has answered this multiple times, and most recently with his last WW at Jenny's MW site: "*If you wear a smile to the right spot you will wear a grin going home. F"
( http://mysteriouswritings.com/weekly-wor...30th-2016/ )

IMO, the bigger question is, "What is Forrest's definition of 'spot'?

I believe the poem, in conjunction with a "couple of good hints" and a "couple of aberrations that live out on the edge" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXupxL4ovmY @ ~35:00) from TTOTC, will lead to a spot, and this spot, IMO, includes the immediate area within ~20'. I believe I can only guess as I attempt to solve the poem, but if using only the poem, I believe there's more guessing involved. Of course, if using TTOTC to help determine the spot/area, the potential for rabbit holes is greatly increased. I happen to use both methods, but my litmus test is poem-only, fwiw.

Last thought: If you believe the poem leads to one-square-foot or one-square-meter/yard, you must, IMO, allow for variation between the tools used: map, GE, GPS, compass, etc., and allow for frequent changes in GPS accuracy when BOTG.

Just my two cents, and probably worth less Smile .
OO

do you think Omegas or an Omega constitutes a "spot" or a Mega O?
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Direct or general? Kpro 17 1,676 08-19-2016, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback
  General opinion - More or less liv42dy 25 4,850 04-29-2016, 03:50 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  The General Mindy 13 1,714 04-02-2016, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Milan
  general discussion mdc777 25 5,168 09-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Ritt Jordan
  24 lines of mind-boggling ambiguity, obscurity, and general vagueness Buddy Allen 29 1,123 07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Guest
  The Exact Physical Location of the hoB........ Project Why 25 851 06-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Project Why