Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Spanish Toy Factory
01-02-2017, 01:17 PM,
My Spanish Toy Factory
How does one get "fried" pineapple pies out of an oven? Wouldn't they'd be baked pineapple pies?
01-04-2017, 11:42 AM,
RE: My Spanish Toy Factory
(01-02-2017, 01:17 PM)PL289 Wrote: How does one get "fried" pineapple pies out of an oven? Wouldn't they'd be baked pineapple pies?

Maybe the pineapple is fried before it goes in the pie to bake?

An interesting question. Thanks.
01-04-2017, 02:35 PM,
(01-02-2017, 01:17 PM)PL289 Wrote: How does one get "fried" pineapple pies out of an oven? Wouldn't they'd be baked pineapple pies?

The pineapples slices are first fried in a pan with a bit of flour and sugar to thicken the sauce. The ingredients are then stuffed in a turnover pastry and baked.
01-04-2017, 03:09 PM,
Now stop it!! There's no need to be so on an open forum...

(If I might ask, how long do you bake them and at what temperature?)

Smile?
Just tryin' to stay outta trouble...

This board is all messed up.

Sometime between now and 6 weeks, sprinkle some thoughts...
01-04-2017, 03:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 03:37 PM by resa.)
(01-04-2017, 03:09 PM)whatiff Wrote: Now stop it!! There's no need to be so on an open forum...

(If I might ask, how long do you bake them and at what temperature?)

Smile?

This is a good recipe. The turnovers are nicer than a pie slice because you can pack them in a lunch or picnic and the innards stay in place.

http://www.thehungryhoarder.com/2011/10/...pple-pies/

Forgot to mention that for the baked version you need to prepare the pineapple like above and cool. Prepare the pie pastry like any other pie (2 cups flours, 1 cup Crisco, and 1tbs salt is my fav), add filling. The top pastry should be brushed with milk and sprinkle sugar. Bake the pie at 400F until top is browned (10 mins), then turn oven to 350 and bake for 40 minutes. Put a cookie sheet under the pie because the juice will bubble over and make a mess in your oven.
01-04-2017, 04:32 PM,
Thank You so much Resa, if that is as tasty as it sounds I could be in trouble, lol.
Sorry PL289, didn't mean to take over your thread...Smile
Just tryin' to stay outta trouble...

This board is all messed up.

Sometime between now and 6 weeks, sprinkle some thoughts...
01-04-2017, 04:41 PM,
My pleasure whatiff. they are really good and easy to make. just don't eat em all at once Smile

this might answer PLs question too.