Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DNA test on suspected FF rope.
01-07-2017, 07:53 PM,
[Image: 2d5d3211e07ccba5ea1352620fdd7cd2.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-07-2017, 08:10 PM,
RE: DNA test on suspected FF rope.
Have you ever been hunting? Deer? Elk? Rabbit? Dove? Quail? Anything? Have you ever been on a round up, or been out on a horse to mend fence? All of that camping! and the cans and ropes and campfires oh my! Are the same fire pits or rings used? You bet. Hidey holes - everywhere. Is your solve right. Maybe. But what if you just need to tweak it some, and the sticks pointing were coincidence? Or just one part off a bit?
01-08-2017, 04:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 05:12 AM by Indigo Blue.)
(01-07-2017, 08:10 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Have you ever been hunting? Deer? Elk? Rabbit? Dove? Quail? Anything? Have you ever been on a round up, or been out on a horse to mend fence? All of that camping! and the cans and ropes and campfires oh my! Are the same fire pits or rings used? You bet.

I thought about this, problem is it was can singular, besides the 9 items I have listed there was absolutely nothing else there. The camp fire was crafted, very unusual, also there was a pinyon tree right next to it, 1m away, coincidence possibly, goes on the plus side though.
(01-07-2017, 08:10 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Hidey holes - everywhere. Is your solve right. Maybe. But what if you just need to tweak it some, and the sticks pointing were coincidence? Or just one part off a bit?

Coincidence falls apart because it was not random.

I found the camp fire first with the tin and two pieces of charcoal on an elaborate false hearth which concealed the ash built up over decades.

Next was the two sticks both part burnt. One was lodge deliberately, could only have arrived where it was if someone had put it there. Both looked like hands pointing of similar size and burning. There was no other wood in the area except for complete dead trees.

At this point you can explain it away through coincidence although there is suspicion.

When I started to set out the Park boundary using the topographical map, I found it already set out, 2 stones and the rope I have. You could argue that at this point someone else trying to find the chest set it out. It was bang on the boundary, I spent 20 years doing land survey, that boundary was set out by someone with skills in the field.

At this point I'm still not certain, if you have watched the video I made, I say as much but all the time the probability is shifting.

Straight away I find the next stone alignment, this is so obvious a kid would know what it was. In the video I made I say I can not line it up with anything, later I find out this alignment and the two stick line up to a single point which is a sort of mini over hang, large enough to place the chest.

I don't find the final rope until the next morning by two natural benches. I sit down and there next to my feet is another rope, same type but laid out not bundled up like the first I found. It is decayed, been there several years. It is 7m from the first rope I found and if I continue on the same line another 7m, it intersects the second stick I found.

Now I have an idea of date for placing the clues, several years.
I have an objective, marking out a single location.
The location just falls within the park boundary and above 5000ft
The location has a natural feature to conceal the chest
There are 9 objects which equal the clues in the poem.
The objects are what FF would have had.
The rope I have is the perfect length to tie up the box.
The camp fire is right next to a pinyon tree and there is a large pine
There are bears, elk, sage, mountains. (meets FF environment hint)
The Madison river below is one of the finest trout rivers in the USA.
FF last message had Madison in it.
Sink is a geographical feature, (geography hint)
Kids would know a kitchen sink is where warm water stops. (FF hint)
WWH Kitchen Sink Rapids is on the Madison (FF Madison hint)
The owl face 200x100 (match for FF blaze hints) is white it stares into space, it is a gaze, ancient and marvelous. It is virtually all on private property, no one gives a second thought 'Tarry Scant', have a think about that.
Y upsilon, not X marks the spot but Y.

I have uploaded some new images as supporting evidence.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/bmxlor...sort=4&o=0

I could go on,

(Fenn receives coded solution 3 days later steps back from TTOTC couple of weeks later word gets out source unknown (reference Stephaine) that the poem has been solved;
I email FF there is no chest 2 weeks later he moves TTOTC off his homepage and into resources.)

but if you were in my posting, what would the next logical step be if you wanted proof?
FF is not playing ball Bozeman PD may do nothing but what other
options are there?

You did ask if the rope had been DNA tested a while back, the problem is the other side of the equation, it has to be matched against FF DNA.
01-08-2017, 12:11 PM,
Here's one big flaw, if your search area is really that far north I highly doubt its a pinyon next to the camp. Your seeing things buddy and probably don't know what a pinyon tree looks like.

(down with the evil twin)

Here is a hint because I'm nice.

How is 6 quarter 2?

Answer to the hint

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2×4

The hint might be chase related
01-08-2017, 12:15 PM,
Well, if you press the button there, you will know what a pinyon tree smells like.

01-08-2017, 12:50 PM,
I still don't understand what the DNA test is for did Fenn kill someone or has he impregnated a woman his wife doesn't know about that will be the one to claim ownership of the chest 30 years down the road ?

How is 6 quarter 2?

Answer to the hint

01-09-2017, 02:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 02:41 AM by Indigo Blue.)
(01-08-2017, 12:11 PM)The Count Wrote: Here's one big flaw, if your search area is really that far north I highly doubt its a pinyon next to the camp. Your seeing things buddy and probably don't know what a pinyon tree looks like.

The question.
Is it a flaw?
Is it deliberate?
Is it a mind bender?
Or is it entanglement?

Search "Beartrap Canyon Wilderness"
I guarantee BLM will list Pinyon trees and they will be there.
This got me on HOB with black bear and not brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJBakBqw...be&t=1m49s

FF later back tracked on Pinyon, how did the confusion occur?
(Between you and me pinyon trees don't grow in Montana)

If you have gone through the latest photos I uploaded there is something besides what is being photographed, this FF did not back track on. Look left of center.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/bmxlor...sort=4&o=6

(01-08-2017, 12:50 PM)The Count Wrote: I still don't understand what the DNA test is for did Fenn kill someone or has he impregnated a woman his wife doesn't know about that will be the one to claim ownership of the chest 30 years down the road ?

Its the only way I see in a world where probability and statistics are poorly understood, to prove the negative of a quadratic equation.
01-09-2017, 04:41 PM,
Will just put you in the same category as slick nickel, Gordon , and deeept.

How is 6 quarter 2?

Answer to the hint

01-09-2017, 04:50 PM,
Count - the list is much much longer than that .... Lol!

Kpro
01-09-2017, 05:06 PM,
Wait... is it too late to get my name on the list...?
Been thinking... Can two keep a secret... What's behind door number three?
That friend with the Gucci taste is annoying...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test subscription thread admin 2 496 08-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Last Post: admin
  Is the Poem a test for the one who is wise? Guest 89 2,657 12-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Last Post: deb