Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fennboree 2017
05-17-2017, 10:30 PM,
RE: Fennboree 2017
(05-17-2017, 10:25 AM)illinoisghost Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 10:07 AM)HalloweenCandy Wrote: Now that's an incendiary statement! Why do you feel that?

I just know it's not as difficult to figure out as we've all made made. I my self know what it is that I'm doing in my search and I'm sure if I've gotten as far as I have, there must be others. If I don't have it at fennboree, surely someone will.

I know what you mean, my solve is very simple and straightforward and kind of obvious, I feel, so I assume that searchers must have investigated the area before me. But I'm hoping not!
But if the treasure truly has not been found before now, I don't know why this would be the year. It may not be found for a very, very long time.
05-22-2017, 04:23 PM,
From Cynthia:

Fennboree is just 20 days away…here’s an update with the latest tentative schedule of events:

Thursday June 8th — Matt Maisano’s documentary Fenn’s Searchers shows at the Albuquerque Film Festival at 5 pm. I plan to attend as do some others. I will return to Hyde Park that evening, and any Fenners who would like to join me for an evening campfire at my site are welcome. I will post a large sign at my site indicating it is where I am camping. I hope it will be one of the sites near the group pavilion (Shelter #2).

Friday June 9th — We have the group shelter reserved for the full day. There is plenty of parking there but all vehicles need to pay the $5 fee. If you pay as you enter, please put the paid thing on your window so we know you have already paid. Otherwise, if you arrive late afternoon / evening for the group event, a person from each vehicle can just pay me and I will give the chunk of cash to the ranger. Please try to have exact change — $5. (The daily fee is per VEHICLE, not per person.)

The Friday late afternoon / evening campfire will now include a hot dog roast. I will provide the hotdogs, buns, condiments, and paper plates. If you plan to have smores or other food like potato chips, please bring your own and maybe some extra for your friends. (This is not the same as the potluck dinner Saturday…unless there’s so much food, that it is.) Let’s start gathering no later than 5 pm and plan to start grilling hotdogs by 6, or before if there are enough folks. We can play this by ear. Forrest plans to attend.

Saturday is the potluck lunch / dinner. Once again, we have the pavilion for the full day. I think the official start time for the potluck is noon but last year folks started arriving by 11 am. This is the event where everyone pitches in with a bit of food to share with others. We (Sacha and I) are not providing hamburgers and hotdogs this year for the entire group, so if you have to have a burger, bring your own hamburger ingredients. There is a large charcoal grill at the pavilion which anyone may use. IF there are hotdogs not used at the Friday night event, we will grill them all to get rid of them. (I am not taking them home.) Please bring beverages (NO GLASS CONTAINERS) as well as food to share.

Forrest plans to attend. Different media people representing different media projects are likely going to be there. Santa Fe Mayor Gonzales and the Governor of NM Susana Martinez have been invited…

Desertphile is busy planning some games…
I still plan to use Golden Retriever’s artistic daughter to draw a map of the Rocky Mts on the floor of the pavilion so my friend Coreda the psychic dowser can use the dowsing rods to find Fenn’s treasure on the map.
I believe Eugene is bringing a friend who plays guitar who will perform that evening.
We will hold another campfire in the pavilion in the evening.
Any other ideas for group activities are appreciated.

Sunday morning June 11th — I will host a morning gathering at my camp site for anyone still there who wants to enjoy Cowboy Coffee made by Tom Walker and pastries made by Albertson’s. Plus, we can continue to consume all the goodies left over from the Potluck… Come on by starting at 8 am.
05-22-2017, 08:34 PM,
Thank you for the update. I have "Cards Against Humanity" with Forrest Fenn cards made, enough for ten players I suppose.
05-24-2017, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2017, 10:48 AM by illinoisghost.)
Wish I could stick around here but I need to get
home and Fennboree is still to many days away
Maybe I might head back when it gets closer
(IllinoisGhost) Blog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fennboree 2017 Poll old drum 2 353 04-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Last Post: old drum
Heart Fennboree 2017 Dates, Etc. Desertphile 3 663 01-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Mindy