Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did FF Actually Use the Term?
01-11-2017, 02:25 PM,
(01-11-2017, 12:40 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 08:17 AM)TheTrueNorth Wrote: I also have a glider pilot licence, and never heard the term guillotine used. I noticed that when Forrest was talking about his tree-cutting job, he spoke about using a tarpaulin. But he pronounced it differently, as "tarpoleen", which rhymes with guillotine and kerosene.

Of course, you probably weren't in England learning to fly gliders being ground-launched by cables attached to barrage-balloon winches on the back of trucks. If the release didn't work, once you were directly overhead the truck, the cable started pulling you directly down onto the truck and the winch operator. The operator had a very quick trigger finger on the guillotine, I can assure you.

You are probably used to those nice airplane launches. Smile

_____
Edit: Note that the trucks did not move. The glider was launched into the air by the speed of the cable being wound up on the winch. The glider gained enough airspeed on the ground to launch itself upwards about 500 feet before it came even with the truck. After that, the cable would pull the glider directly downward.

(01-11-2017, 07:55 AM)The Wolf Wrote: But and its a big but, there is a significant amount of other information in TTOTC that supports this aberration, so yes I will keep it on the table.

If the poem is about two people, a historic one and ff, then it is possible that the historic one was guillotined.

Alternatively, for another historic personage, I posted "off with their heads" when E.C. Waters was talking about John the Baptist the other day, but I don't think anyone noticed what I was talking about.

[Warning: Mindy, please do not read the following sentence!] Also, if you think Guillotine is an aberration, then consider the paper cutting, book publishing comments I made as hints as to where he may have been "heading" with this.

I've got like ten experimented with books...some cutting of pages wouldn't hurt if I didn't already have a spot. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-11-2017, 02:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM by The Wolf.)
RE: Did FF Actually Use the Term?
(01-11-2017, 02:25 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 08:17 AM)TheTrueNorth Wrote: I also have a glider pilot licence, and never heard the term guillotine used. I noticed that when Forrest was talking about his tree-cutting job, he spoke about using a tarpaulin. But he pronounced it differently, as "tarpoleen", which rhymes with guillotine and kerosene.

Of course, you probably weren't in England learning to fly gliders being ground-launched by cables attached to barrage-balloon winches on the back of trucks. If the release didn't work, once you were directly overhead the truck, the cable started pulling you directly down onto the truck and the winch operator. The operator had a very quick trigger finger on the guillotine, I can assure you.

_____
Edit: Note that the trucks did not move. The glider was launched into the air by the speed of the cable being wound up on the winch. The glider gained enough airspeed on the ground to launch itself upwards about 500 feet before it came even with the truck. After that, the cable would pull the glider directly downward.

(01-11-2017, 07:55 AM)The Wolf Wrote: But and its a big but, there is a significant amount of other information in TTOTC that supports this aberration, so yes I will keep it on the table.

If the poem is about two people, a historic one and ff, then it is possible that the historic one was guillotined.

Alternatively, for another historic personage, I posted "off with their heads" when E.C. Waters was talking about John the Baptist the other day, but I don't think anyone noticed what I was talking about.

[Warning: Mindy, please do not read the following sentence!] Also, if you think Guillotine is an aberration, then consider the paper cutting, book publishing comments I made as hints as to where he may have been "heading" with this.

I've got like ten experimented with books...some cutting of pages wouldn't hurt if I didn't already have a spot. Smile

How many books have you purchased? Is there a Los Vegas in NM? Hot "spot" blog?
01-11-2017, 02:40 PM,

_____

you guys and gals are talking up to what i think is important info,eric sloane use to add gasoline to his ink before painting,.
01-11-2017, 02:52 PM,
(01-11-2017, 02:39 PM)The Wolf Wrote:

_____

How many books have you purchased? Is there a Los Vegas in NM? Hot "spot" blog?

There is a Las Vegas in NM, and my spot is a spot. I don't think it's hot. Smile

Mindy's blogs:

01-12-2017, 12:06 AM,
And the 'guillotine' could mean a rope. Maybe like the ones that have been found.
01-12-2017, 05:13 AM,
(01-12-2017, 12:06 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: And the 'guillotine' could mean a rope. Maybe like the ones that have been found.

Especially ropes that decapitate, like the one that decapitated Blackjack Ketchum in a Wild West "poor execution."

Mindy's blogs:

01-15-2017, 12:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017, 12:34 PM by The Count.)
(01-10-2017, 01:46 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Thank you Wolf & Count. With this info, I think no rabbit hole should be left unturned. LOL

I think Forrest once mentioned something about Alice in wonderland maybe a verse or 2 from the book but I just can't seem to remember might of been in a interview. I'm thinking someone around here would know? Wheres loco when you need him....

(down with the evil twin)

This puzzle is extremely difficult! Just PM me the answer before it consumes too many threads...

01-15-2017, 12:37 PM,
(01-15-2017, 12:32 PM)The Count Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 01:46 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Thank you Wolf & Count. With this info, I think no rabbit hole should be left unturned. LOL

I think Forrest once mentioned something about Alice and wonderland maybe a verse or 2 from the book but I just can't seem to remember might of been in a interview. I'm thinking someone around here would know? Wheres loco when you need him....
It was at Moby Dickens:

"How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!
How cheerfully he seems to grin
How neatly spreads his claws
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!"

also discussed in detail in my book Finding Forrest Fenn.
01-15-2017, 01:13 PM,
(01-15-2017, 12:37 PM)The Wolf Wrote:

I think Forrest once mentioned something about Alice and wonderland maybe a verse or 2 from the book but I just can't seem to remember might of been in a interview. I'm thinking someone around here would know? Wheres loco when you need him....
It was at Moby Dickens:

Improve his shining tail
On every golden scale!

Thanks wolf,
Yeah I was about to go there looking for it, moby Dickens I mean not your book lol.

Which makes me think of 2 things.
Go look in the back yard for Elvis and beowolf....

Then didn't Mindy say recently that she was looking around the pond area of Matteucci Galleries?

Its beautiful there I enjoyed my visit, like an oasis in the desert time just kinda drifts away there.

(down with the evil twin)

This puzzle is extremely difficult! Just PM me the answer before it consumes too many threads...

01-17-2017, 01:09 PM,
(01-15-2017, 01:13 PM)The Count Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 12:37 PM)The Wolf Wrote:

It was at Moby Dickens:

Improve his shining tail
On every golden scale!

Thanks wolf,
Yeah I was about to go there looking for it, moby Dickens I mean not your book lol.

Which makes me think of 2 things.
Go look in the back yard for Elvis and beowolf....

Then didn't Mindy say recently that she was looking around the pond area of Matteucci Galleries?

Its beautiful there I enjoyed my visit, like an oasis in the desert time just kinda drifts away there.

Yeah, it's very pretty there. Hard to imagine the pond was big enough for two alligators.

The inside of the gallery was pretty cool with all the little "Fenn touches" spread around--fireplace, pottery sherd threshold, etc...

And the tree through the hole in the wall out front was pretty cool, too.

But the parking lot was too small ... lol... Smile

Mindy's blogs:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who uses the term 'Good Savvy'? Larsonist 14 3,275 03-20-2016, 08:25 PM
Last Post: boomergirl