Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's searching Montana 2017
04-16-2017, 06:33 AM,
RE: Who's searching Montana 2017
anything loud enough to let the bears know that humans are in the neighborhood.
I once bent over to look under some wood and bumped the air horn attached to my belt. My head was upside down when the air horn went off, and I nearly pooped in my pants.
04-16-2017, 11:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2017, 11:44 PM by LivTheDream.)
(01-12-2017, 09:06 PM)The Count Wrote: I am. My main focus will be the northern border of yellowstone park to pick the trail around clue 2 or 3. There are many prime places to Search from Gallatin River, Paradise Valley, Yankee Jim canyon, confluence of yellowstone and Gardiner river, plus many others. I've never really been one to hide where I'm searching so I was hoping to get a disscison of places in this area that are worth searching or maybe failed past solves. Regardless this will always be a hot spot to search! If I get bored searching there maybe I go to the Madison for fun.
I have been searching on and off since 2011. I have been on 3 serious searches already this year. Near Yankee Jim. But the clues just aren't coming together there....

I live just north of YNP and have been BOTG a few times this year. Thought for sure I was on track when I found a 'blaze' that was a coordinate tree. I would love to join a few of you on a day search....message me and we can compare notes.
04-20-2017, 01:04 PM,
Think I have mis-calculated....and as we know, timing is important. Believe we're setting out a bit early before the snow has a chance to melt enough in the higher elevations. Maybe the bears will still be sleeping though.
04-20-2017, 05:56 PM,
UA- I watch a Snotel site- The snow depth there is 20" U can check the Snotel site near where u are searching, but be sure to get a site that has similar elevation. you can look at historical data and it will give you a good idea when that area/elevation will be 0".
04-20-2017, 08:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 08:58 PM by Urban_Archaeologist.)
(04-20-2017, 05:56 PM)emmett Wrote: UA- I watch a Snotel site- The snow depth there is 20" U can check the Snotel site near where u are searching, but be sure to get a site that has similar elevation. you can look at historical data and it will give you a good idea when that area/elevation will be 0".

Hey - thanks for that, Emmett. I will most definitely check it out.

And hopefully won't get eaten by a bear. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not much Chatter here in Montana?? glock20 13 3,677 09-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Last Post: glock20