Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do yo think you were the one to walk right by the chest or been within 500 feet of it?
12-03-2013, 03:28 PM,
Do yo think you were the one to walk right by the chest or been within 500 feet of it?
@ tralou2you - Waiting for access to WiFi (please Santa) to be able to listen carefully to what Forrest said at the last book signing/interview. I didn't realize that Forrest said "She would faint if she knew "they'd" been that close". Interesting. I was under the impression that he had said "she'd". My e-mails with Forrest have always told him where <b>my husband and I</b> have been.

@pidmt - I have always considered the thought that Forrest's statement about people being within 500 feet didn't necessarily mean "searchers" and this has been discussed before. For my "spot" it is possible that people pass within 500 feet occasionally.
12-04-2013, 01:03 AM,
For a time I thought it was me - then I found out that he had made that comment 3 months before I even began searching.

Wuddn't me.
12-04-2013, 10:20 PM,
I don't think I've been that close. I do however think that I've been within 10,561' of it. Give or take an inch.
12-04-2013, 11:15 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on December 3, 2013, 3:28 pm</b>

@ tralou2you - Waiting for access to WiFi (please Santa) to be able to listen carefully to what Forrest said at the last book signing/interview. I didn't realize that Forrest said "She would faint if she knew "they'd" been that close". Interesting. I was under the impression that he had said "she'd". My e-mails with Forrest have always told him where <b>my husband and I</b> have been.

@pidmt - I have always considered the thought that Forrest's statement about people being within 500 feet didn't necessarily mean "searchers" and this has been discussed before. For my "spot" it is possible that people pass within 500 feet occasionally.
</div>

im fairly certain he said 'they' would faint, and then "she'd" scour the countryside every place they've been (or something like that)....

the "she'd" was not very audible but have to agree with everyone that it did sound like it

when i get a chance later to listen to the video again i will double check myself
12-05-2013, 12:45 AM,
Well Stephanie, let's hear from you! Where you been?.. LOL
12-05-2013, 07:37 AM,
I've been in 6 states over 3 years and thousands and thousands of airline and car rental miles. I think Enterprise has blocked me from their rental cars since I've put so many miles on them.
12-05-2013, 02:35 PM,

<b>Quote from HankJonesJr. on December 4, 2013, 10:20 pm</b>

I don't think I've been that close. I do however think that I've been within 10,561' of it. Give or take an inch.
</div>

And which Mountain did you say that was again?
12-05-2013, 03:16 PM,
It was... a mountain North of Santa Fe Smile
12-05-2013, 04:08 PM,
Yes. Maybe not "the one", but I have definitely been within 500 feet of it. I just wish I could reduce that to "within 5 feet of it".
01-26-2014, 03:55 PM,

<b>Quote from PL289 on January 26, 2014, 1:23 pm</b>

Could within 500' have been vertically? I don't recall ever seeing any discussion on this.
</div>

For HankJonesJr. it was vertically... ( he thinks he has at least matched ALTITUDE regardless of matching the proper peak )

For Forrest Fenn... however, I'm thinking more along the lines of a mostly HORIZONTAL distance... 500' looking out at probably nothing more than a 45-Degree Angle... across, up, or down...

( look up, look down & look all around Smile

<b>Quote from HankJonesJr. on December 4, 2013, 10:20 pm</b>

</div>