Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COLORado and dont research the book?
12-03-2013, 05:10 AM,
He said we don't need to research the book...is that because we're taking it too seriously? So he doesn't mention COLORado.....but he does mention a lot of colorful things. Is that more of a subtle thing? Also, when asked if he would take Colorado out of the running on The Today Show, he said he wouldn't do that. He just recently talked about bad weather and Colorado is about to be hit hard.

Just think those are some positives to the Colorado camp.....
12-03-2013, 05:25 AM,
Thanks for keeping that quite! LOL

I've always been in the Colorado camp.
12-03-2013, 06:00 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on December 3, 2013, 5:10 am</b>

He said we don't need to research the book...
</div>

no, he said don't use the book for research

thats a very different thing

DO research his book, read it over and over and over

12-03-2013, 06:02 AM,

<b>Quote from Luckydog on December 3, 2013, 5:25 am</b>

Thanks for keeping that quite! LOL

I've always been in the Colorado camp.
</div>

Good thing it's a big state LOL.
12-03-2013, 06:07 AM,

<b>Quote from Chris Yates on December 3, 2013, 6:00 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from admin on December 3, 2013, 5:10 am</b>

He said we don't need to research the book...
</div>

no, he said don't use the book for research

thats a very different thing

DO research his book, read it over and over and over</div>
</div>

I didn't know my head could spin all the way around like that. LOL....I'm confused. Do you think it means to use other books and that's what he's eluding to? Something like history, math or Spanish or his literature books?

12-03-2013, 06:15 AM,
the book itself is to be researched and studied for clues to the treasure

that is its purpose, that is why he wrote it

due to the nature of the book, it is filled with stories and information designed to help with clues in the poem, some of them being intentional inaccuracies, some of them not, but still it is there by that design and for that purpose, the treasure hunt

and so due to its nature it should be researched for that purpose, solving the puzzle

.... but it should not be USED for research

if you were doing research on Fenn family history, for example, this book should not be used for that research, it is not a reliable source and was not written to be a reliable source for research like that, so therefore Mr Fenn says do not USE it for research
12-03-2013, 06:40 AM,
Steph

my opinion is you don't need to read other books. if someone thinks they should then we all gotta do what we think we gotta do to find the treasure

that statement by F as far as i can see is only saying dont use his book for research

and as far as other books the only thing i know of F saying is the clues to the treasure are in the poem and the book, so that tells me i shouldnt be reading other books thinking there is a clue

12-03-2013, 06:41 AM,
I don't know. I'm feeling different about what he said. I think especially since he says he wrote the poem over 15 years and only wrote the book for fun and only 6 months prior. I do think there are "subtle" clues as he's said...and I can see how the paintings would be something like that, maybe it has to do with a boulder like in the photo, or it's behind a tree....but I think that's what he is more likely to mean.

It sure is interesting and fun how people can see things differently like that.
12-03-2013, 11:07 AM,
I'M IN CAMP COLORADO!!!! (But then ya'll already knew that Smile )

[Image: aa31l-camp.jpg]
12-03-2013, 11:28 AM,
I'm with Chris on the research thing. I believe the book has some useful info in it.