Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COLORado and dont research the book?
12-03-2013, 11:43 AM,
tralou2you-

Colorado may be colorful, but it's turning white. I don't know where you are in Colorado, but a blizzard is due to arrive today, with +80 mph winds and temperatures to -15 below zero. Take care.

Regarding Forrest's statement to not use the books for research, it was in the context of his response to the contesting of factual items in TTOTC, meaning that he doesn't consider the book the appropriate source for doing accurate research on dates, events, etc. It's his memoir full of stories, without an index as he noted. This is along the lines of CY's statement. It does not mean that TTOTC is not a useful resource for the poem and the chase, which Forrest has confirmed previously in many statements.

Halogetter

12-03-2013, 11:51 AM,
@ Halogetter. Yes, we are getting ready for a storm and I am thrilled! I love snow. I spent last year in Arizona taking care of my terminally ill Mom and of course, saw no snow there. Moved back to Colorado in July and I'm done "chasing" for the season and looking forward to having it snow. Headed to the store today to stock up on a few things. Luckily, I work from home so it can snow like heck...I'm just fine with that! Smile
12-03-2013, 12:09 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Halogetter on December 3, 2013, 11:43 am</b>

tralou2you-

Colorado may be colorful, but it's turning white. I don't know where you are in Colorado, but a blizzard is due to arrive today, with +80 mph winds and temperatures to -15 below zero. Take care.

Regarding Forrest's statement to not use the books for research, it was in the context of his response to the contesting of factual items in TTOTC, meaning that he doesn't consider the book the appropriate source for doing accurate research on dates, events, etc. It's his memoir full of stories, without an index as he noted. This is along the lines of CY's statement. It does not mean that TTOTC is not a useful resource for the poem and the chase, which Forrest has confirmed previously in many statements.

Halogetter
</div>

I see where you and Chris are coming from now....but he also said it was just for fun. So I don't know...
08-21-2015, 11:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2015, 11:13 AM by ItsAllMine.)
RE: COLORado and dont research the book?
Colorado is not mentioned because that is where the treasure is. The book does have a few clues like the contents of the box. When you find the blaze, it will lead to a new puzzle that points to the treasure. I am concealing much more than you know but hint to get you all a year behind me. 5 hot springs end at WWWH.

WWWH and "the wood" are one and the same!