Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump is actually an internet troll
01-18-2017, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2017, 06:02 PM by crazyfamily.)
Trump is actually an internet troll
How many times do you need to hear the same old line of BS before you figure out that it's BS. You knew this was coming.

I will not give Trump an ounce of respect, and I'll tell you why. Donald Trump doesn't respect anyone. His calls for unity are as thinly veiled as the coyote yip in the distance while he waits to see who takes the bait. Where were all these cries when Barack Obama made the same appeal. Now after years of blockade politics republicans want democrats to lay down? Those people don't understand much about human nature.

Trump said “crooked Hillary would go to prison.” Lie

Trump said he would "absolutely" release his tax returns. Lie.

Trump said he was going to "drain the swamp." Lie.

Trump vowed to leave his great business to focus on making America great again. Lie.

Trump has paraded around touting all of these jobs that has already saved. After the dust settled at Carrier, only 800 jobs will remain while 1100 jobs will still be transferred to Carrier's Mexico plant. In return Carrier gets $7,000,000 in tax incentives that have nothing to do with where they operate their manufacturing. It just a bunch more lies.

President Obama worked, without help from republicans, to turn our failing economy around in wake of George W. Bush, 9/11 and the subprime mortgage crisis. Sure, saving 800 manufacturing jobs is nothing to scoff at, but under the Obama administration our recovering economy created 16,000,000 jobs. Last November the unemployment rate dropped to 4.6%, the lowest since George W. Bush held office in 2007 and the economy added 178,000 new jobs. I'm thinking the bar is set pretty high for the incoming president, who is all about the show and not too interested in the details. After all, 800 jobs at the cost of $7,000,000 to the tax payer is $8750 per job. America can't afford that jobs bill.

Without help from republicans, President Obama produced a healthcare bill that, in the end, bears more likeness to the 1993 republican floated bill Health Equity and Access Reform Today, HEART, than anything else. Now, the repeal and replace republicans are in a very tight spot indeed. The President-Elect, insisting on a swift repeal, is setting republican lawmakers up for failure. He says his plan will insure all Americans, just as the ACA was intended to do, but this is the same guy who said all of those things that have already turned out to be lies. 20,000,000 Americans or more may soon be without access to any health care at all.

If I’d voted for Trump I'd be asking, why have so many campaign promises already been reneged? If transparency in government is so important to us why are we not demanding Trump release his tax return? Why are his many conflicts of interest not important? Why are we allowing China to unseat us as the world leader in the global economy? What's with all the international unrest being created by a President-Elect who has never held elected office? Israel, Russia, China, Mexico and Germany all wondering what in the world is going on here.

Give Trump a chance? We've given enough of a chance and all he's done is brought chaos and lies. I agree that our democracy will weather the likes of an authoritarian President such as Donald Trump may be, but what will be the cost. Which liberties will be forfeited? Which allies will be trashed for business deals with untrustworthy adversaries? What will be the cost of picking sides in ages old conflicts?
01-18-2017, 04:57 PM,
RE: How many times...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIikqPmbgvI
01-18-2017, 05:04 PM,
How many times...
Not for me, seannm, I'm already retired, that waaah is for the kids who will have to dig America out of this.
01-18-2017, 05:15 PM,
crazyfamily,

If by dig out you mean; the doubling of our national debt in the past eight years, then I will agree with you. Back in 2008, I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt and hoped that he would bring about the "Hope and Change" that he pandered, errr preached, to us all. That hope never came, but change did and not the good kind in my opinion. So now we once again stand upon the precipice and hope that our duly elected representative will do their best, only time will tell. You and I have disagreed before over politics and that is fine, I respect your side and opinion, debate is healthy.

Seannm
01-18-2017, 05:25 PM,
How many times...
Sean, trickle down economics is a proven failure. That is all that Donald Trump has in his playbook. The precipice that we now stand on is reverting to a time when the economic disparity between classes balloons, where programs like public schools, Medicare, social security are all underfunded to provide tax windfalls to the wealthy. Back to the time we go when tens of millions of Americans are uninsured. I don't think there's anyone out there who believes that large programs like public schools, social security or the Affordable Care Act are perfect, 100% out of the box. This shit needs to be worked on. Instead Americans are jerked around on a chain like a little puppy. The Regan tax cuts, then the Bush tax cuts led to huge budget deficits, now the Trump tax cuts...that's your future, Seannm.
01-18-2017, 06:26 PM,
We had a sayin' where I grew up that goes like this: 'She doesn't have the sense to pour piss out of her boots'.

I don't know how President Elect Trump will be as President Trump. I do know how pathetic your whining sounds now before the inauguration on Friday. Good riddance ZERO ... you lived up to your name and are now known as the worst President in US History.

Maybe in 4 or 8 years I will be saying Trump was worse than ZERO, but right now ZERO is a known failure and Trump's legacy as President Trump is yet to be written. On Friday, you can either address Donald Trump as President Trump or continue to look like a girl that pissed in her own boots.

I'm still here and I see you're still out there.
01-18-2017, 07:22 PM,
How many times...
Digger, you can make yourself believe anything if you keep saying it enough. This chase is evidence of that. Problem with what you're saying is it isn't based in reality. The numbers are there if you want to see them. The jobs were created, the economy recovered. Trump has convinced half of the country that life in America is horrible. Once again, you can convince yourself of this if you want and you have.
01-18-2017, 07:47 PM,
Unreal, that reality of yours. I've lived the last 8 years in the real world, and now you get to face the next unknown amount of time under President Trump (beginning Friday) in the real world due to ZERO. That's the reality here.

BTW, Trump never convinced anyone of anything ... he did say he would "Make America Great Again" and now he gets his chance to convince us he can. I would normally say "buck up", but not this time.
01-18-2017, 07:57 PM,
How many times...
(01-18-2017, 07:47 PM)mountain digger Wrote: Unreal, that reality of yours. I've lived the last 8 years in the real world, and now you get to face the next unknown amount of time under President Trump (beginning Friday) in the real world due to ZERO. That's the reality here.

BTW, Trump never convinced anyone of anything ... he did say he would "Make America Great Again" and now he gets his chance to convince us he can. I would normally say "buck up", but not this time.

Is there a message in there? 'Again' implies that it isn't, and that's exactly what he has convinced you of. Take a look around the world, we are losing ground fast. China is taking the steering wheel on global trade, Russia is playing with Trump like a Stretch Armstrong doll, Germany is rethinking their alliance with us and messing with Palestine will just add another front to the war on terrorism that no one can win. Is this how we are great? No, it isn't.
01-18-2017, 08:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 09:54 PM by mountain digger.)
The message is REALITY BITES. Smile The reality is it just bit you in the rear. It bit Hillary and Bill too, so you can take some comfort in that bit of information (real fact).

Your words: "we are losing ground fast". I agree...but ZERO is gone on Friday. Buck up or not, your choice. I chose to say it here, and it felt good!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God wants Trump to build a wall in the name of Jesus lostowl 3 352 05-28-2017, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lostowl
  I like Donald Trump so far, but he has some tweaking to do just yet.. Gordon Lightfoot 62 6,037 03-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Come on trump mrmagicarovrumrebel 8 1,390 11-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wishiIwasRich
  Cubs just won! Still think Trump can't? Marty McFly 3 969 11-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Last Post: old drum
  What happened to the Trump Thread? mdavis19 8 1,395 06-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Last Post: mdavis19