Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump is actually an internet troll
01-19-2017, 06:07 PM,
A witty saying proves nothing. --Voltaire
01-19-2017, 06:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 06:27 PM by mountain digger.)
RE: Trump is actually an internet troll
Thanks for acknowledging my wit! Smile
01-19-2017, 06:40 PM,
I've done so before.
01-19-2017, 06:50 PM,
Well then, thank you in arrears for before too! Smile
01-19-2017, 06:54 PM,
You've forgotten. It was something quite humorous about Hillary, though I don't remember what it was now.
01-19-2017, 07:03 PM,
Twain said: "When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not."
Dylan said: "I was so much older then I'm younger than that now". My Back Pages lyrics.

Those pages have been deleted. Smile
01-20-2017, 09:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2017, 09:25 AM by crazyfamily.)
It's a new game though, and the past is irrelevant. I used to love Lennon and the Beatles. Lennon sang, "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. It's getting hard to be someone, but it all works out. It doesn't matter much to me." Easy for you to say, Mr. Lennon.

The funny thing is, it does seem to all work out. I mean, life is actually really good and we're nothing special like John Lennon was. We have a comfortable existence with two houses and most everything we need. The bottom ranks of the lower middle class historically have it hard. They always have. Basic costs like housing and food take up most of a family budget. And that's what I don't get about the conservative agenda and the appeal it has to the lower and middle class people that support it.

Trump once said he would "massively cut taxes for the middle class, the forgotten people, the forgotten men and women of this country, who built our country," and said he believes in raising taxes on the wealthy. However, the proposed Trump tax cuts released in November do exactly the opposite, says Lily Batchelder, a law professor at New York University and visiting fellow at the Tax Policy Center.

"If you look at the most wealthy, the top 1 percent would get about half of the benefits of his tax cuts, and a millionaire, for example, would get an average tax cut of $317,000," she says. "But a family earning between $40,000 and $50,000 a year would get a tax cut of only $560," she says, and millions of middle-class working families will see their tax bills rise under Trump's plan — especially single-parent families. Some things never change, and once again we will see that trickle-down economics doesn't work.

As if that is not bad enough, the states with the highest enrollment in the Affordable Care Act, ObamaCare, are among the states with the highest support for the guy who will strip those people of their health care. So, "the forgotten people, the forgotten men and women of this country, who built our country" will still be forgotten with their health care and their $500 slice of the American dream just "blowing in the wind."
01-20-2017, 12:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2017, 12:14 PM by mountain digger.)
You quote ... but you do not think. You talk ... but you say what others want you to believe.
You believe the experts.

An old saying (anonymous): 'You can't always go by an expert opinion. A turkey, if you ask a turkey, should be stuffed with grasshoppers, grit and worms'.

You can choose to think, you can choose listen to experts, you can choose to be a turkey, or you can stuff it...mountain digger. Smile

Give it a chance...it could be special.
01-20-2017, 12:30 PM,
Trump gave a good speech... He thanked God. Good pastors saying prayers. Couldn't ask for anything better. Jackie Evancho, great young performer giving the Star Spangled Banner!
01-20-2017, 04:17 PM,
You know digger, you're absolutely correct. When I have car troubles, I take my car to a service shop where I feel I have found the best automotive experts that I can afford. When our roof had hail damage, we hired the best roofing company, experts, that we could afford to replace the roof. I have to rely on these experts to analyze what the problems are, and provide me with the best information I can get so I can make an informed decision. I don't ask the roofer to take a look at my car, and visa-versa.

When it comes to things like US economic policy, I have to admit that I am not an economist and I have to take information from the experts and form my opinions based on that. I am naturally predisposed to the liberal ideology, so I make no qualms about which experts and which opinions I select from. I'm thinking that most people operate the same way. I'm perfectly capable of reading information and forming opinions based on what I read, and I do. I also think that my choice of words for my protest sign adequately illustrates my capacity to form my own ideas and present them in a theme. You don't like or agree with what I say, that's fine. But it's just disingenuous to label me a simple mind because you don't like articles that I quote. At least I take the time to read subjects that have a high impact on our daily lives in America. At the risk of sounding like a liberal elitist, it's more than you can say for millions more who just follow without asking where?

I don't need to be a republican or wealthy, or be a teacher, or run for the school board to understand what is going on with public schools, the lack of funding and the school voucher program. It's blatant and it disgusts me. In my state the tax system has been intentionally crippled and the school system takes the direct hit. So, we have to do extra-curricular fundraising to make up the deficit because doing without is not acceptable. How can people say in good faith that schools are failing when the system doesn't permit them to succeed, and doesn't give them the tools to succeed? It's a systematic effort to dismantle public schools. This is my personal experience coupled with my interpretation of our tax laws and the results that they produce. Perhaps it aligns with a liberal ideology and goes against the conservative ideology, I'm sure it does, but no one told me to think this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Press the "Pause Button" on Trump.. Gordon Lightfoot 4 151 04-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: old drum
  I like Donald Trump so far, but he has some tweaking to do just yet.. Gordon Lightfoot 62 4,055 03-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Come on trump mrmagicarovrumrebel 8 1,011 11-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wishiIwasRich
  Cubs just won! Still think Trump can't? Marty McFly 3 714 11-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Last Post: old drum
  What happened to the Trump Thread? mdavis19 8 1,048 06-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Last Post: mdavis19