Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some help
12-06-2013, 01:07 AM,
I need some help
I live in KY and I have deciphered clues that have led me to a location in Southern WY. If you are able to assist me please let me know.
12-06-2013, 10:46 AM,
I need some help
Karen from Casper here. I don't know where in Southern WY, but most of it is "closed" for the winter. You can email me at ksteph44 at bresnan.net
12-06-2013, 02:52 PM,
I need some help
sent & thank you
12-07-2013, 11:49 AM,
I need some help
W8iabomb...I didn't receive anything...did you get my address right?
03-23-2017, 05:09 PM,
I need some help
(12-06-2013, 01:07 AM)wiabomb Wrote: I live in KY and I have deciphered clues that have led me to a location in Southern WY. If you are able to assist me please let me know.

I am going to the southern part of Wyoming as I am looking at places around flaming gorge and the Colorado Wyoming border I would be happy to look in your spot for a cut. Please email me at bobpatterson555@gmail.com. Thank You. Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-24-2017, 10:34 AM,
RE: I need some help
I will be traveling through Wyoming the second week of may pm me if you want.
Educate yourself, it saves lives maybe your own.

down with the evil twin

Haters gonna hate
03-30-2017, 10:36 AM,
I need some help
(12-06-2013, 01:07 AM)wiabomb Wrote: I live in KY and I have deciphered clues that have led me to a location in Southern WY. If you are able to assist me please let me know.

I have not heard back from you. Would you like for me to help you retrieve it? I will be happy to help you and you tell me what a fair cut would be for us. Thank You Bob

03-30-2017, 04:30 PM,
Hi Bob,
That would be great. We'll talk about how to split it later. The area I'm looking at is the lower part of the Little Snake River Valley which begins in Baggs which is only about 3 or 4 miles north of CO. Baggs is 50 miles south of I-80 so slightly farther from the UP RR. Butch and the boys used to head down there after various robberies. WY hwy 70 leads from Baggs to Encampment crossing the Sierra Madre Mts at Battle Pass. This road wasn't completely paved until the early 2000's. They don't plow the road during the winter because no one is ever there. The entire area is riddled with abandoned mines. The most famous was a copper mine that was Huge in the early 1900's. But hauling the copper down to Encampment wasn't working out so well so they bulit a huge tramway down to Encampment. Quite the engrg feat.

A lot of history in and around Encampment that I'll get to later when I discuss rivers.

Where we've been looking is a few miles from Encampment on FSR 50. just off the paved road is a Bottle Creek campground and creek. OOps, have I mentioned that the Continental Divide crosses Hwy70 right near Battle Lake and the Really Nice rest area and lookout? Some have questioned whether the CD where wwwh. What do you think? Back to the forest road, ther's a sign that says it's 50 miles to Steamboat Spgs, which could be wwwh.

There's a Brown House that used to be in Baggs but has bee moved to Savery where the Little Snake River Museum is, Also Jim Baker Cabin, our original Mountain man and his cabin is the first permanent building in WY. Bakers and Pies do crop up in TTOTC. I take subtle hints as just that....Subtle!

Remember the 6 cats wanting milk? We're in Carbon Co which is county 6.

I've been jotting down notes of things I need to tell you....I have quite a list.

If you have any questions, please ask! One thing to ponder is the direction the rivers travel. The LSR goes northeast umtil it joins up with the North Platte River which goes North then northeast until it turns east, ...southwest of Casper. My take on "down"? we're talking about south.

I'll answer any questions and relate more clues tonight after dinner.

karen
04-14-2017, 09:02 AM,
I need some help

I have not heard back from you. I would take it that you have someone else helping you. Good look and as always pray for your safety of being out there if you're with the other party helping you with your solve. Bob

04-16-2017, 01:21 AM,
(04-14-2017, 09:02 AM)OutDoorLover777 Wrote:

I have not heard back from you. I would take it that you have someone else helping you. Good look and as always pray for your safety of being out there if you're with the other party helping you with your solve. Bob

Hopefully you noted that wiabomb's request for help was dated 3 1/2 years ago, which may explain why you have not gotten a response. His/her last post on this forum was in December 2013. Try sending a Private Message, which should also go to his/her email account and that may trigger a response.