Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is not a political question
03-14-2017, 02:03 PM,
This is not a political question
Does principle Trump trust?
or
Does trust Trump principle?

I haven't signed off on this yet so no the writing is not on the wall.

Many will think this a political question but it's not but it could be.

I wonder what Marvin Fenn would say, him being principle and all.
03-14-2017, 02:08 PM,
RE: This is not a political question
(03-14-2017, 02:06 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: What's with the capitol T?

Don't worry about that it's not cursive.
03-14-2017, 02:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2017, 02:18 PM by timebandit.)
Yeah sure...The cap T makes the questions nonsensical...Maybe you should rethink Brown...

The cap T makes them political as written...Changes a verb to a proper noun...Why the B...

EDIT...My bad...
03-14-2017, 02:26 PM,
(03-14-2017, 02:20 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, if I ignore the capital t, I'd say it depends on the situation. If I caught my child perpetrating crimes against a neighbor or friend, I would say that principle trumps trust. If I were to catch my teenager fibbing about where they went last night by looking at the text messages on their phone, I would say that trust trumps principle. In the end I'd say that Marvin Fenn, as principal, had high principles.

Oh, one other thing. Love trumps hate.

"Oh, one other thing. Love trumps hate."

But you have already pointed out that you have double standards.
03-14-2017, 02:30 PM,
(03-14-2017, 02:27 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 02:26 PM)imsunbuddynow Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 02:20 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Well, if I ignore the capital t, I'd say it depends on the situation. If I caught my child perpetrating crimes against a neighbor or friend, I would say that principle trumps trust. If I were to catch my teenager fibbing about where they went last night by looking at the text messages on their phone, I would say that trust trumps principle. In the end I'd say that Marvin Fenn, as principal, had high principles.

Oh, one other thing. Love trumps hate.

"Oh, one other thing. Love trumps hate."

But you have already pointed out that you have double standards.

Maybe you should be more specific with the question. I was using parenting as an example.

I did, I said it was a matter of principle.
03-14-2017, 06:54 PM,
Well, it kinda is. So I'm moving it to the Therapy Room.
03-14-2017, 09:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2017, 09:54 PM by muset.)
(03-14-2017, 02:03 PM)imsunbuddynow Wrote: Does principle Trump trust?
or
Does trust Trump principle?

I haven't signed off on this yet so no the writing is not on the wall.

Many will think this a political question but it's not but it could be.

I wonder what Marvin Fenn would say, him being principle and all.

Neither. There is a discovery phase where you confront your cohort and explain your principles and listen to hers. If you cannot persuade or be persuaded, then you need to use your best judgement based on the situation.

We need to avoid playing the fool and blaming our actions on some false philosophy.

This is a great, free online Harvard first-year philosophy lecture series:

http://societies.docuwat.ch/videos/justi...-of-murder
03-15-2017, 08:32 AM,
(03-14-2017, 06:54 PM)old drum Wrote: Well, it kinda is. So I'm moving it to the Therapy Room.

I told you it wasn't right from the start so why did you have to get your panties all bunched up? It is an unfair and inappropriate use of executive power and I feel you should face prosecution at the very least for turning my thoughts into what they are not. I have suffered irreparably damage and may possibly never recover from the tear in the veil of my thought processes. You sir, have slandered my brain, and created a rift in the universe that will be felt for time eternal.
03-15-2017, 11:55 AM,
(03-15-2017, 08:32 AM)imsunbuddynow Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 06:54 PM)old drum Wrote: Well, it kinda is. So I'm moving it to the Therapy Room.

I told you it wasn't right from the start so why did you have to get your panties all bunched up? It is an unfair and inappropriate use of executive power and I feel you should face prosecution at the very least for turning my thoughts into what they are not. I have suffered irreparably damage and may possibly never recover from the tear in the veil of my thought processes. You sir, have slandered my brain, and created a rift in the universe that will be felt for time eternal.

Rift...we have all created one...some more than others, a Rift all the same.
03-15-2017, 04:53 PM,
Tell me, did you hear some thunder
when I cruelly ripped your thoughts asunder?
Or is the whole thing a blunder?

You put a capital T in Trump
knowing that Crazy would grump & harrumph,
thus giving your thread a bit of a bump.

You called attention to the political
when the meat of your thread was analytical -
some may call that hypocritical.

Might it help to heal the rift,
and perhaps give your spirits a lift,
to know the thread was moved as a gift?

You revived the thread with innocuous name
and it stands tho the content's the same
(& inspired these verses so lame).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Political swamps lostowl 0 266 05-13-2017, 06:37 PM