Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Treasure Hunter
03-21-2017, 08:52 PM,
Lightbulb  New Treasure Hunter
About a week ago, I saw a video by two millinnials who were looking for, but did not find, Fenn's treasure. They did a really good job on the video and it sparked a bit of curiosity on my part. This prompted an ordering of both of Fenn's books, some light reading, and a subsequent desire to find this treasure. Heck, the bronze chest alone is worth searching for, plus I have a cool treasure-hunting hat that needs to be put to good use.

As stated, just started on this quest, and I am sure a lot of you are far better seasoned, although I do feel as though a couple of strong theories have presented themselves after reading the book and poem. Since it's only March, there's plenty of time to continue doing research, reading forums and gathering more insight to where he might have placed his treasure chest.

Thinking of making a trek sometime in May. Have motorhome, will travel.... and search...and with any luck, find. But if you have already unearthed it, let me know as I hate wasting time. Wink
03-21-2017, 08:57 PM,
New Treasure Hunter
Urban, a few think they have the chest, a few more say it was moved, and even more say they already know where it is and just waiting for the ground to thaw. Don't mind the chatter, it is still out there imo. Welcome, and hope you get all you want from the chase.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.con
Interesting sites:
03-21-2017, 09:03 PM,
New Treasure Hunter
Thanks -- have you been out on a hunt yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
03-21-2017, 09:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2017, 09:37 PM by Parzival.)
New Treasure Hunter
Ignore other people's theories. Concentrate on what FF has put out himself via interviews, scrapbooks, random words etc. A lot of very smart people post on here and elsewhere and it's easy to start chasing theyre ideas as your own. Study the man and his words first for yourself before slogging through everyone else's theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-21-2017, 09:51 PM,
New Treasure Hunter
(03-21-2017, 09:03 PM)Urban_Archaeologist Wrote: Thanks -- have you been out on a hunt yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep twice, but I am still a newbie I think. The blogs are for entertainment , but get a network on the down low that can help you with your chase. That is tough though, but there are a couple of really good people here and there.

Kpro

Interesting sites:
03-24-2017, 11:39 AM,
RE: New Treasure Hunter
Thanks for the welcome Kpro -- after wading through a lot of material it's safe to assume 95% is rubbish, although a lot is very entertaining to say the least.

Am in the R&D stages right now and have three - count 'em - initial 'ideas' on where this could be -- all in the same general area of the world. Think Fenn would hide it somewhere with meaning to him, so that place leads me first and foremost to W Yellowstone and surrounding area since that's where most of the book is about with a few other locations sprinkled in. It's been done a lot so am weeding out certain areas with the help of others that have gone out there and not found it (yet).

Plans A, B & C will be deployed in May 2017........and I'm packing my fly rods and waders when we head out too. Plan D is to go fishing.
03-24-2017, 02:47 PM,
New Treasure Hunter
(03-24-2017, 11:39 AM)Urban_Archaeologist Wrote: Thanks for the welcome Kpro -- after wading through a lot of material it's safe to assume 95% is rubbish, although a lot is very entertaining to say the least.

Am in the R&D stages right now and have three - count 'em - initial 'ideas' on where this could be -- all in the same general area of the world. Think Fenn would hide it somewhere with meaning to him, so that place leads me first and foremost to W Yellowstone and surrounding area since that's where most of the book is about with a few other locations sprinkled in. It's been done a lot so am weeding out certain areas with the help of others that have gone out there and not found it (yet).

Plans A, B & C will be deployed in May 2017........and I'm packing my fly rods and waders when we head out too. Plan D is to go fishing.

I agree.

That's my area too! I am west Yellowstone proper and national park. Happy to provide what I know, I checked a total of 15 areas (several for other people). I would say most were a bust, but a couple of very cool areas.

You should read decals solve, he is hebgen lake if you are heading that way.

If you are heading to The area stay at the dude and take for the right room Smile hehe.

Kpro

Interesting sites:
03-24-2017, 04:28 PM,
(03-24-2017, 02:47 PM)Kpro Wrote: If you are heading to The area stay at the dude and take for the right room Smile hehe.

Will check out his solve, as that is a great area of interest to a lot of folks for obvious reasons. Thanks for the pointer.

Room #4 at the Dude, perhaps?
03-24-2017, 04:45 PM,
New Treasure Hunter
(03-24-2017, 04:28 PM)Urban_Archaeologist Wrote:
(03-24-2017, 02:47 PM)Kpro Wrote: If you are heading to The area stay at the dude and take for the right room Smile hehe.

Will check out his solve, as that is a great area of interest to a lot of folks for obvious reasons. Thanks for the pointer.

Room #4 at the Dude, perhaps?

I don't know anything but happy to run my mouth Smile

Urban, are sure you are a newbie.... Smile yes, #4. Certain place to eat too.

Kpro

Interesting sites:
03-24-2017, 05:55 PM,
(03-24-2017, 02:47 PM)Kpro Wrote: You should read decals solve, he is hebgen lake if you are heading that way.

I couldn't find anyone by the name of "decal" - did find a Declan -- nice scottish name, no? Is he is one who searched out in Hebgen Lake? Am sure lots of folks have been out that way.

And yes, newbie - who likes to read. It's all very interesting if nothing else.