Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Recommendations
04-15-2017, 12:15 PM,
So we'll be in NM in May - anyone care to share places they've stayed that were comfortable and reasonably priced? Also, things to do, besides search, are appreciated!

This is a family vacation and search, so we'd like to be able to stay somewhere nice, do some searching, and also enjoy the area.
04-15-2017, 06:46 PM,
RE: Looking for Recommendations
You did not state what part of New Mexico. The state is quite large.
04-15-2017, 09:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2017, 09:27 PM by RahRah.)
North of Santa Fe....we're there for almost two weeks, so really have time to play and search, so any recommendations are appreciated! We've already been to White Sands twice (although may pop down again since my kids love it there), done all the national parks in the state (my older son was a junior ranger freak, lol, tried to get as many as he could, then he lost interest after he hit 100 of them), camped at Chaco and been to Roswell, Albuquerque and the Los Alamos area, so really, anything other than those things. We do want to spend some time in Santa Fe this trip too!
04-16-2017, 01:59 PM,
(04-15-2017, 11:34 PM)locolobo Wrote: North of Santa Fe! Now that narrows it down a lot. Smile

RahRah, not sure what you're looking for in accommodations but you might check this out: https://www.sipapunm.com/

It's about 25 miles from Taos and 60 to 70 from Santa Fe, depending on the route you take. The Rio Pueblo runs beside it and, at the times I went, provided some decent fishing. Although I used to go to the area regularly, I haven't been there in some time so I can't comment on current conditions.

Thanks so much LocoLobo! We'll be all over, so where we stay isn't so much an issue - I'm a driver, don't mind distance if we stay somewhere nice!
04-18-2017, 11:11 AM,
Rah Rah, I live bout 60 miles from White Sands. Northern NM, check out Ojo Caliente spa. Don't know bout rates, but you can find on line. Taos has regular hotel, motel accomodations, and interesting shopping. I didn't find a lot for kids, museums, cemetery of interest. First gov. Bent was masacred there, good NM history in this location. Bookstore of interview here.
04-18-2017, 08:41 PM,
Ghost Ranch
Gallina Canyon Ranch
Monastery of Christ in the Desert
Rio Chama Camp Ground

The treasure chest is located near Rio Brazos; there are many good places to stay the night in the area.
04-19-2017, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017, 01:38 AM by RahRah.)
(04-18-2017, 08:41 PM)Desertphile Wrote: Ghost Ranch
Gallina Canyon Ranch
Monastery of Christ in the Desert
Rio Chama Camp Ground

The treasure chest is located near Rio Brazos; there are many good places to stay the night in the area.

The strong arms river, interesting!

(04-18-2017, 11:11 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: Rah Rah, I live bout 60 miles from White Sands. Northern NM, check out Ojo Caliente spa. Don't know bout rates, but you can find on line. Taos has regular hotel, motel accomodations, and interesting shopping. I didn't find a lot for kids, museums, cemetery of interest. First gov. Bent was masacred there, good NM history in this location. Bookstore of interview here.

Is it worth staying close to the town center - basically are there enough things to do that we'd find some good things walking around?
04-19-2017, 01:21 PM,
At Ojo? not much. Some nice ruins nearby. little shopping. Not too much in Las Cruces, or Alamogordo, which has small peting zoo. Alamo is closer to white sands.
04-19-2017, 10:04 PM,
Which ojo Smile

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
04-21-2017, 04:50 PM,
Ojo Caliente. Has famous hot springs. Used to be sacred to Native Americans till taken over. and sold.