Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recycling Mistake vignettes
04-20-2017, 09:48 PM,
RE: Recycling Mistake vignettes
set back where it's not likely to get knocked off...
...then soon after the borree...?
The first time I went to my location I moved that large object, saw what was scribed, and opened and viewed an alternative direction.
04-20-2017, 10:11 PM,
(04-20-2017, 08:48 PM)Iron Will Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 08:38 PM)PL289 Wrote: Yup, somebody complained to Fenn about the treasure chest being moved again. Go figure. Some folks just will never be happy.

You do understand why he calls it a mistake don't you?

Could you elaborate? I'm actually lost on the meaning of this post.

The whole problem with these shell casings was that they were collectors items in the first place. The one Forrest shows in his pic is fancier than any I've ever seen depicted. All types of things in wars were and are used as IEDs. This is not a new phenomenon. As far back as before WWI, enemy forces would leave behind "trinkets" rigged with explosive devices in hopes some opposing soldier would try and pick it up and become horribly wounded or a fatality.

The shell casings I've seen, were usually just cut down to make cigar or cigarette ash trays that were then sold back to soldiers. In Korea and Vietnam, this same type of trinket peddling also occurred, but unfortunately, many of the field collectors of trinkets were local children who were paid pennies to risk their lives in this type of Russian roulette task. Many lost arms, legs, or their lives in pursuit of scrap metal to earn money for their families.

I suspect, although I'm not sure, that's why this vase stays hidden behind books and is referred to as a mistake. Only f can elaborate on the meaning of the title. The trinket is a reminder of the horrors of war and the tolls inflicted on the innocent civilians caught in the middle. IMO
04-20-2017, 10:28 PM,
(04-20-2017, 08:14 PM)Mindy Wrote: Did this vignette seal it for you like it did me?

Since you're so confident, which state will we witness this race? I doubt telling us which state has been correct all along is something pretty safe to reveal, no?
04-20-2017, 11:08 PM,
(04-20-2017, 11:00 PM)locolobo Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 09:16 PM)illinoisghost Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 08:14 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 07:50 PM)illinoisghost Wrote: Yea, I always thought it was you.

Did this vignette seal it for you like it did me?

Yes, yes it did..

hmmm.....I would have imagined that this had "sealed" it some time ago.

http://dalneitzel.com/2014/10/05/scrapbook-ninety-six/

Yes it does, I just recently stumbled back across that a week or two ago. Lol..
Don't know how I missed that or forgot about it., but yes that's it.
(IllinoisGhost) Blog

04-20-2017, 11:23 PM,
And no one continues to ask questions.

The ball of string is attached to the contraption behind the curtain. His name is Vader, and he is your father. Wish Yoda would come out to play again. Miss the hairy little Jedi.

(Note-- I tried typing jedi with a lower case j and autocorrect capitalized it. HA)
04-21-2017, 06:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 06:43 AM by Milan.)
I really hate to see searchers like Mindy and IG get over excited over their biased, probably imagined hints (no disrespect intended).

I too see hints (or confirmations) in the latest flurry of Fenn-material, but I'm blessed to have very precise interpretations. There is no possible way (imo) that there will be a foot race - the final solve is very intricate.

So this foot race between Mindy and IG is at least going to be entertaining, especially since they're searching different places entirely.
04-21-2017, 07:56 AM,
(04-21-2017, 06:42 AM)Milan Wrote: I really hate to see searchers like Mindy and IG get over excited over their biased, probably imagined hints (no disrespect intended).

I too see hints (or confirmations) in the latest flurry of Fenn-material, but I'm blessed to have very precise interpretations. There is no possible way (imo) that there will be a foot race - the final solve is very intricate.

So this foot race between Mindy and IG is at least going to be entertaining, especially since they're searching different places entirely.

There's no denying we are all biased in our interpretations. I had three spots I was flip flopping with. For a reason I can really say, the title of this last SB ruled out two and confirmed one.

I'm probably not as confident as IG, but I'm close. I still have some things to check. If someone else doesn't find it first, I feel like I have a good chance, and no, I won't be upset if someone else finds it. I also won't use the excuse that I had the right spot but someone beat me to it. If it's there, it's the right spot. If it's not, it's the wrong spot.

You can mark my words on that. Lol. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
04-21-2017, 08:06 AM,
Biases Biases everywhere. Confirmation comes to those who wait. Patience is a virtue...I think William f Buckley said that. Did anyone notice WFB initials match shared initials between f and his dad?
------------------------------
"Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here."
04-21-2017, 08:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 08:13 AM by illinoisghost.)
(04-21-2017, 06:42 AM)Milan Wrote: I really hate to see searchers like Mindy and IG get over excited over their biased, probably imagined hints (no disrespect intended).

Not over excited, there is no way anyone is going to find what I've been doing. I cover my tracks really good and remove things as I find them. So I don't have to race..

I have only been trying to figure out how it's hidden and I return to the same spot over and over.
(IllinoisGhost) Blog

04-21-2017, 08:30 AM,
(04-21-2017, 08:07 AM)illinoisghost Wrote:

Not over excited, there is no way anyone is going to find what I've been doing. I cover my tracks really good and remove things as I find them. So I don't have to race..

I have only been trying to figure out how it's hidden and I return to the same spot over and over.

Good luck! When are you heading out? Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Savvy treasure hunter found a mistake on the map admin 1 515 12-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Last Post: admin