Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would YOU do?
12-15-2013, 02:59 PM,
What would YOU do?
What would YOU do if you had figured this whole thing out and you knew 100% where the treasure was, but couldn't get there yet for whatever reason (weather, finances, car trouble, etc.)?

Would you sell something in order to get there?

Would you wait until the weather was better or would you risk it and go in the snow?

Would you keep posting on the blogs until you were able to go or would you drop out of sight on here completely?

Would you tell us if you had figured it out but couldn't get there yet?

Would you wait until after you had the treasure in hand to say anything to anyone on the blogs, or would you at all?

Do you think any other bloggers would even want to know or be supportive of you?

Or do you think you would be shunned, made fun of by others refusals to believe your words?

I was just thinking about that this morning and wondered what YOU would do.....

12-15-2013, 03:12 PM,
What would YOU do?
My search area is under 3 feet of snow so its lack of choice right now.
12-15-2013, 03:49 PM,
What would YOU do?
Man, that is a lot of questions: Don’t take any of this the wrong way, I think I like you and you seem to be an intelligent person…..The following is just my opinion.

<i>What would YOU do if you had figured this whole thing out and you knew 100% where the treasure was, but couldn't get there yet for whatever reason (weather, finances, car trouble, etc.)?</i>

First; the proverbial “sure thing” is only for the gullible. You can’t be 100% sure until the deal is done. As with any investment or endeavor always ask what happens if it doesn’t work. It’s called a risk assessment…….It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take risks; but you should be prepared for it to fail or problems along the way. Don’t make any more HALO jumps than absolutely necessary.

<i>Would you sell something in order to get there?</i>

It depends……see above.

<i>Would you wait until the weather was better or would you risk it and go in the snow?</i>

Again, it depends……see above. If you have the knowledge, experience, and resources to get it, then obviously the sooner the better.

<i>Would you keep posting on the blogs until you were able to go or would you drop out of sight on here completely?</i>

I would keep posting; you might learn that your spot is bogus after all; and that will save you a lot of time and money.

<i>Would you tell us if you had figured it out but couldn't get there yet?</i>

How many of those have we had posting over the years…….You won’t give your exact spot so you would be just another “OMG I FIGURED IT OUT” and all of you are wrong poster.

<i>Would you wait until after you had the treasure in hand to say anything to anyone on the blogs, or would you at all?</i>

I wouldn’t say anything at all, at least for awhile; I’m not looking for any fame and it will take time to figure out exactly how to handle things.

<i>Do you think any other bloggers would even want to know or be supportive of you?</i>

You betcha……If you’re going to tell me where it is. Smile You apparently think you have figured it out…….Good luck on your trip and be safe…..can’t wait to see the pictures.

<i>Or do you think you would be shunned, made fun of by others refusals to believe your words?</i>

It seems those that have their OMG spot are arrogant, or at least come across that way when they start telling everyone else they are wrong, but can’t disclose why they are right.
12-15-2013, 03:51 PM,
What would YOU do?
Thats alot of questions.

To begin with everyone makes sacrifices in todays world. Very few are wealthy enough to do exactly what they want to. Who hasnt sold stuff to do things?

People shunning others? If people want to behave that way, who needs them?

My question back to you is if you were treated that way by others would you bother to respond back if you found it? See that works both ways, something to consider when stirring a pot of resentment towards another searcher.

Shhh they aren't listening.
12-15-2013, 04:01 PM,
What would YOU do?
I think a good FF answer would be......... Yes
12-15-2013, 04:36 PM,
What would YOU do?
patience, is all you need.
12-15-2013, 05:45 PM,
What would YOU do?
If I was 100% sure of the location of the treasure down to a 1 foot square, perhaps a 1 meter square, I'd be inclined to do whatever I needed to do to go, any time of year, and just dress appropriately.

The reality is though, in my opinion, if anyone thinks they know the location of the chest to that degree of accuracy, with that degree of certainty, they are simply fooling themselves. It's much easier to be highly certain of a general area, it's much harder to be highly certain of a specific location. To be absolutely certain (100%) of a specific location, while theoretically possible, is in my opinion, and for all practical purposes, impossible.

For that reason, I think the first thing I'd do if I were 100% certain of a specific location, is to challenge myself first to come up with a more realistic measure of my certainty. From there, I'd at least know that I'd be operating from a more practical, realistic starting point, and could consequently make better decisions on how to proceed.

Edit: Regarding the blog participation. Just to play with the thought experiment of "what if the impossible were possible"..

If I knew with 100% certainty of a specific location I guess I'd either have to go get it, or if I had to wait, I'd have to at least monitor the blogs to make sure nobody else exposes my solution. If the solution pops up in the blogosphere, there might be more incentive to go get it in a hurry.

12-15-2013, 05:52 PM,
What would YOU do?
I would keep quiet about it and not post too much. And I would also keep in mind that I wouldn't <i>know </i>that it's there until I have seen it with my own eyes.
12-15-2013, 06:31 PM,
What would YOU do?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on December 15, 2013, 4:36 pm</b>

patience, is all you need.[/quote

@ seeker - great answer - sprinkled with realistic expectations and humility!
</div>
12-15-2013, 07:08 PM,
What would YOU do?
WWFD