Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So and so
05-12-2017, 02:27 PM,
So and so
Any literary geniuses that can discuss how the placement of the word "so" changes the meaning/ importance of the previous lines and the next line?

It can change things in different ways right?

So why is it that I must go and leave my trove for all to seek?

So hear me all and listen good

How would those change if the so wasn't there?

I feel these two words are very important
05-12-2017, 03:41 PM,
RE: So and so
If "so" was not there, the line would not have eight syllables. The second line you listed could also be "sew here me awl," so maybe there is a homonym/double meaning there. Other than that, "so" is a transition word that draws a conclusion from the previous statements similar to "such as" or "therefore." I don't really see "so" being an interjection or an adverb. Another possibility is an abbreviation for south.
05-12-2017, 04:07 PM,
(05-12-2017, 03:41 PM)Surf Wrote: If "so" was not there, the line would not have eight syllables. The second line you listed could also be "sew here me awl," so maybe there is a homonym/double meaning there. Other than that, "so" is a transition word that draws a conclusion from the previous statements similar to "such as" or "therefore." I don't really see "so" being an interjection or an adverb. Another possibility is an abbreviation for south.
fenn says the poem is straight forward ,and no codes or ciphers, this is borderline of that ,forget the so in both lines he said the poem should be followed in order, and maybe it changes everything.he never said you could not eliminate some words ,just find the 9 clues in order.
05-12-2017, 05:17 PM,
Homonyms are not only fair game, but he's hit us over the head that they are necessary. They are not codes or cyphers. A good example would be his Weekly Words where he used the word "fallow" instead of "follow." He has also repeatedly commented on misspellings, which would be the same thing as a homonym. His "don't mess with the poem" comments are usually when people rearrange words or switch words from one line to another. The example that stick out to me is when Dal asked about halt/walk not rhyming and the possibility of finding a replacement word. FF replied to not mess with the poem in that situation.
05-12-2017, 05:53 PM,
(05-12-2017, 05:17 PM)Surf Wrote: Homonyms are not only fair game, but he's hit us over the head that they are necessary. They are not codes or cyphers. A good example would be his Weekly Words where he used the word "fallow" instead of "follow." He has also repeatedly commented on misspellings, which would be the same thing as a homonym. His "don't mess with the poem" comments are usually when people rearrange words or switch words from one line to another. The example that stick out to me is when Dal asked about halt/walk not rhyming and the possibility of finding a replacement word. FF replied to not mess with the poem in that situation.

Someone once asked him to clarify the meaning of "don't mess with the poem." I don't have an exact quote on this but he said that it meant the same as it did in the Texas state motto "Don't mess with Texas." It was an hilarious answer since "Don't Mess With Texas" was used in an anti-littering campaign in Texas but the state motto is "Friendship." The word "Texas" itself means "friendship."
05-12-2017, 06:19 PM,
(05-12-2017, 05:53 PM)Rich Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 05:17 PM)Surf Wrote: Homonyms are not only fair game, but he's hit us over the head that they are necessary. They are not codes or cyphers. A good example would be his Weekly Words where he used the word "fallow" instead of "follow." He has also repeatedly commented on misspellings, which would be the same thing as a homonym. His "don't mess with the poem" comments are usually when people rearrange words or switch words from one line to another. The example that stick out to me is when Dal asked about halt/walk not rhyming and the possibility of finding a replacement word. FF replied to not mess with the poem in that situation.

Someone once asked him to clarify the meaning of "don't mess with the poem." I don't have an exact quote on this but he said that it meant the same as it did in the Texas state motto "Don't mess with Texas." It was an hilarious answer since "Don't Mess With Texas" was used in an anti-littering campaign in Texas but the state motto is "Friendship." The word "Texas" itself means "friendship."

“Don’t mess with my poem,” is used in the same context as “Don’t mess with Texas,” the state motto. Now you should know what mess means.

I still don't know. Smile
05-12-2017, 08:14 PM,
Just a hypothetical here, what if we changed the word to "Soo"? I see that on the internet a lot you know.

And, why did I figure out the poem soo (See) fast, if it's suppose to be straightforward. Straight is not in my vocab.

Unless it has something to do with that Homonym stuff..
05-12-2017, 10:28 PM,
So&So have a lot to do with solving the poem. Just&Just do too. So, there you have it. Just take my word for it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
05-12-2017, 10:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2017, 10:49 PM by jdigginsz.)
answers
a NSWE rs
Get ur figure, point it at yourself, then follow these directions.
What did you just do?
Pretty neat, huh?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

*finger

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
05-13-2017, 04:25 AM,
“There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure Phil, but it is risky to discount any of them.”

My thoughts on the word "so" - The word that is key:

http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?...#pid156098
http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?...#pid154191
http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?...#pid153258
http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?...#pid142048